Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          "Analysts" offer "mixed" reviews on Dolphins...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Analysts" offer "mixed" reviews on Dolphins...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 07, 2010 06:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Analysts" offer "mixed" reviews on Dolphins...
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 07, 2010 06:52AM

Simms is a Parcells guy so I take his talk with a grain of salt. He always has the pom-poms out for Bill.

The rest of the analysis is fair. But lets be honest, without 2 LEGIT NFL wide recievers and better linebacker play....this team will be about the same next year and not a contender.

Im sorry but if we are starting Devon Bess or Greg Camarillo, heck even Hartline since he is probably still a year away.....we are toast and once again a team that will win between 6-8 games.

Im sick of hearing Porter so he can go. He probably is better than Wake but who needs this mini-drama all year. Seriously, just go away Porter!

The BOTTOM LINE is in this league offense wins games. The Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Colts, Chargers..etc. They MOVE THE BALL in the air and can score at ease. The RULES are set up this way now. We get down and it takes us a 10 play 9 min drive to score. The opponent gets the ball back and scores in 4 plays and we are deflated and gotta go back to those long drives. The NFL doesn't work this way.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 07, 2010 07:51AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The BOTTOM LINE is in this league offense wins
> games. The Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Colts,
> Chargers..etc. They MOVE THE BALL in the air and
> can score at ease. The RULES are set up this way
> now. We get down and it takes us a 10 play 9 min
> drive to score. The opponent gets the ball back
> and scores in 4 plays and we are deflated and
> gotta go back to those long drives. The NFL
> doesn't work this way.

There's 2 things I feel:

1. We were in the game against both Indy and N.O., and the reason we lost both were defensive lapses. Our offense wasn't a problem.

2. The team that wins the Superbowl will be the team that plays the best DEFENSE. Both teams can nearly score at will, but it will be the team that makes defensive stops that wins.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: February 07, 2010 08:17AM

Deion is a moron... he is there because he is prime time and is maybe the greatest corner ever. But as far as football knowledge he is an idiot, he jumps from bandwagon to bandwagon and never like the fish, he feels the cat is a gimic and we are pretenders. The fact is we sustained injuries to important starters and still had a chance at the playoffs. That speaks volumes

Date: February 07, 2010 08:39AM

Date: February 07, 2010 08:41AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 07, 2010 10:19AM

It is nice to be able to eat up 10 minutes on a drive if you can do it when u need to. It is still very obvious that we need a deep threat so we can score fast when we need to.

Henne just needs to cut down on his red zone turnovers. He should be able to do that when he gets more comfortable and when we get a receiver that scares defenses and draws double coverage.

The one consensus seems to be that Henne is the real deal. That is encouraging.

Personally, I like Phil Sims.

Again...We lost 7 players (6 starters) to IR last year and we finished 7-9. It really exposed our lack of depth.

As of right now, we are far away from contending but that doesn't mean we can't get back to the playoffs next year. We will have our work cut out for us though. We need at a minimum, a starting WR, ILB, two OLB's, a FS and NT.

That is a huge bill to fill.

We need two big name acquisitions.

We should trade Porter for Boldin and try to sign Casey Hampton. The chances of landing a NT and a WR that can start from day one are very slim. BJ Raji did not start last year but played only on passing downs and Ron Brace only had a handful of plays.

Boldin had a down year and still had over 1,000 yards.

I could live with Boldin and Hartline as our starting WR's.

Re-sign Jason Taylor to PLAY at ROLB and quit dicking around and waiting for Charlie Anderson to step up. We can't count on Wake to turn into an every down player by September. JT should get a break on running downs but he needs to be in the game on passing downs with Wake at LOLB. Progress stopper? I doubt it.

We have to find starters in the first two rounds. Maybe a FS and an ILB or OLB. Maybe even go for a WR in round two.

Say goodbye to Wilson, Torbor, Porter& Ayodele.

I think Dez Bryant and McClain will be gone by 12.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 07, 2010 10:30AM

Date: February 07, 2010 03:27PM

He is the greatest CB ever. Nuff said. No debating that, come on now

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 07, 2010 03:54PM

Deion may have been the fastest, had some great INTs, had lots of runbacks for TDs. He also had the best highlight reels and danced the best.

But Mel Blount was a better overall CB. He could cover, intimidate, and wasn't afraid to make tackles. And he had more career INTs than Deion.

*edited to add missing word

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 04:05AM by JC.

Date: February 07, 2010 04:05PM

Date: February 07, 2010 04:28PM

Actually I think 'REVIS ISLAND" might be the best ever. We might be seeing the best ever before our eyes.

But taking out modern day players, its Deion in my book and its not even close. I think he can go into the HALL OF FAME next year.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 07, 2010 04:36PM

He'll def. go into the HOF during his first year of eligibility

He's the most popular of all time. Not the best.

Date: February 07, 2010 04:46PM

Date: February 07, 2010 04:48PM

Yeah but Revis is playing in an era where he gets no breaks. All the rules are aimed towards the offense and WR's.

THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Date: February 07, 2010 05:42PM

I'm not sure I even agree about Sanders being the most popular of all time. He's definitely the best known, because of his ridiculous and outrageous comments on NFLNetwork, as well as his flashy wardrobe. As for being the best DB of all time, no way. Mike Haynes was better. Mel Blount was better. Paul Krause was better. Dick "Night Train" Lane was better. Willie Wood was better. Herb Adderly was better. If these guys are too far back for you, Rod Woodson was better. Ronnie Lott was better. Darrell Green was better. I could go on, but I think I've proved my point. Seems like a LOT of guys were better.

Rick

Date: February 07, 2010 06:45PM

dont forget about Darrell Green

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 07, 2010 08:53PM

I agree, Rod Woodson was better...a MUCH more complete player.

Date: February 08, 2010 07:19AM

Date: February 08, 2010 10:40AM

on the field coward. lol lol lol...yeah ok. Teams wouldn't throw to his side of the field and he's a coward! lol, that gave me my laugh of the day

Date: February 08, 2010 11:04AM

Date: February 08, 2010 05:07PM

Did you ever actually see him play, or are you looking at a "highlight" reel? Its not likely that they would put embarrassing footage in there, is it? I could hardly believe some of the "ole!" shi...stuff I saw him do. Whole stadiums full of people were embarrassed for him, but he was oblivious. That was his brand of courage. Pathetic.

Rick

Date: February 09, 2010 12:46AM

Date: February 09, 2010 06:27AM

Date: February 09, 2010 07:12AM

What he said. If you want to ignore his obvious weaknesses, that's up to you. The rest of us know the truth.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 07:15AM by dolphan4545.

Date: February 09, 2010 01:21PM

talk to any NFL coach or historian who is the greatest ever and 9 out of 10 will say Deion.

When he gets into the Hall next season, you will hear the truth over from all the RESPECTED people

Date: February 09, 2010 02:46PM

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: February 09, 2010 08:02PM

was never really a deion fan even when he came to the boys(they are my"other" changed my mind alittel when thwey got spanked by the cardnals in the playoffs...he ran down a rb after the guy ripped off like a 60 yd run and you could see him visibl pissed after while the rest of the boys stood around well liek some of our guys do during soem of our lack of heart losses ...still lnot a big deion fan but you could telll aside from his skills he was one of those guys who really cared about winning

Date: February 10, 2010 05:52AM

QB's have been ignoring Nnamdi Asomugha for years. He just plays for a crap team and doesn't get opportunities for picks so he doesn't get the headlines. Revis was the flavor of the year in 09 just like Champ was a few years ago.

If teams didn't throw at Deon then how did he get all those picks? He also missed A LOT of games with injury.

Date: February 10, 2010 07:09AM

He missed a lot of games for Baseball. NOT Injury

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.