HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Let's lose
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Let's lose
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:09AM

Houston won. It's only for draft choices now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's lose
Date: January 03, 2010 11:20AM

And now root for all the former contestants to win such as Baltimore to beat Oakland, so we can get higher draft choices.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:21AM

duh

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:01PM

LOSE???????!!! Come on man..........does anybody else care about the PHINS the way I do.......no excuse to lose no matter what the circumstance.......Each loss is a killer to me.......now I have to sit on a loss for 8 month..........THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:19PM

I agree....lose to get a better draft choice

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:20PM

yeah im just hoping we lose a few more next year and teh year after then look outdrinking smiley

Date: January 03, 2010 02:28PM

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:32PM

I would not care if it got us to the #1 pick They have me pay for 10 games I want to see total effort for 10... They dont say to me well we will prorate your tickets for the last game in case we want to loose... Pay the Ticket Prices they ask for you better get an all out effort for all 8 Home regular season games...

Date: January 03, 2010 06:01PM

You are a truly unique individual who lives up to your principles.

Date: January 04, 2010 12:25AM

Funny That at the Game, there are more people that are like me, I don't hear talk about lets lose... I Think more people need to become season Ticket holders and show up to games and those that do own Tickets need to stop selling them to the opposing teams fans... I hear all about people supporting the Phins, but never go to a game... Supporting the team is to put your butt in a seat at the game... Sitting at home and watching on TV. and then you want them to loose??? Boy that makes you a great fan and a great supporter of the team.... I used to live in Massachusetts a while back and had season tickets, would drive the 1500 miles 8 weeks a year to go to the games(didn't make it for pre season Games), then drive the 1500 miles back home after the game, and you think for one second I was hoping to see them loose???? Well I may live close now but I carry the sam mentality,, I get up every Game day early to pack the SUV up with the DTV dish 42 inch TV the grill canopy chairs tables food and drinks grab my over priced tickets parking pass get a coffee and gas drive to the game set up cook watch tv for a few hours in the lot clean up go into the game spend more cash in the stadium, and you want me to utter the words "I Hope They Lose"?????? NO WAY I am a Phins Fan!!! WIN ALWAYS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:20AM

SFPH there's a real fan! We need about 70K more like you.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 06, 2010 11:57AM

you would drive 3000 miles to each home game? that's nuts!!

Date: January 09, 2010 04:15PM

Yes I did, Nuts well Maybe but if thats what it took to be at the games of the team I love... Then Hit the road I did...

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 09, 2010 06:40PM

I could do that. Of course, I'd have to be a Philadelphia Eagles fan again. Crazy.
Do you suggest we lose-ON PURPOSE? That's crazy too.

Rick

Date: January 09, 2010 08:42PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could do that. Of course, I'd have to be a
> Philadelphia Eagles fan again. Crazy.
> Do you suggest we lose-ON PURPOSE? That's crazy
> too.

RESPONSE: I was talking about my desire as a fan that we would lose. I was not giving advice to the coaching staff or the players.

(I think everybody else understood that and took it that way.)

Date: January 14, 2010 10:07PM

Surely you jest. Do you really think this post clarifies things?

Rick

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 15, 2010 02:39AM

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, you play to win tha game....YOU DONT PLAY JUST TO PLAY IT. grinning smiley

Date: January 15, 2010 06:05AM

Correct. You don't lose to get a better draft choice-draft choices are to help you WIN THE GAME.

Rick

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 15, 2010 06:33AM

Date: January 15, 2010 10:34AM

Date: January 16, 2010 06:42AM

Date: January 16, 2010 06:54AM

Date: January 16, 2010 09:41AM

Date: January 16, 2010 06:46PM

You can play word games if you want. I'm not at all interested in how you interpreted what I said. I stick by what I originally said, to wit, "Do you suggest we lose-ON PURPOSE? That's crazy too." I think that's clear enough.

Rick

Date: January 16, 2010 08:20PM

Nobody is playing word games except you.

Now you're back to "lose on purpose" as if I or anybody else on this board has any real power to make the team "lose on purpose." Maybe you live in a fantasy world where you actually think that you and I can make the team win or lose.

Everybody on this board gets it except you. They may not agree with me but they get it.

You want to argue the merits? You make even less sense there.

SouthFlphinfan does not like to lose because he paid his money TO SEE THIS YEAR'S TEAM WIN, NOT NEXT YEARS.

He takes a logical position and no one can argue with it.

You take the RIDICULOUS position that even after we were eliminated from the playoffs, you wanted us to knock ourselves out of a number of draft choice positions for a meaningless half of football. Now you weren't a coach talking about putting out your best effort. You were a fan who actually wanted us to get lower draft choices just to win the second half of a game.

And that cute saying "you play to win the game," it was said by a coach who at that time was playing to win a game IN ORDER TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

So you only PLAY TO WIN THE GAME when that game leads to a championship. If you are ELIMINATED from SuperBowl competition many games prior to the season's end, like the Oakland Raiders, then you don't play to WIN THE GAME, you play to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP....(NEXT YEAR.)

When Houston beat New England, that eliminated us from winning the championship THIS YEAR.

At that moment in time, the Championship we were playing for was the championship in the year 2011.

You don't "play to win the game," YOU "play to win the championship." At the point in time I made that post, I, like many other right thinking people on this board, BEGAN PLAYING FOR THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP. That meant hoping for the best draft choices we could get.

Now, I don't expect you to understand this because you have demonstrated an inability to understand far simpler concepts in this one thread.

Date: January 17, 2010 04:50PM

cb ..gotta differ with you....even witoout a playoff bi ddo you really belive battling back to beat the reigning sb champs in the season finally has no positive effect on the team going forward...very shortsighted imo

Date: January 17, 2010 04:56PM

Date: January 17, 2010 05:00PM

again t his i swher i differ ...draft pick number 12 is gonna have a better career than draft choice # 15 ...really you know this?

Date: January 17, 2010 05:38PM

No. No one can be certain. I have said myself on this board many times that draft choices can be screwed up. I said that when there were people on this board that actually wanted us to NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS because they said we wouldn't go far and we would cost ourselves draft choices. I said, "hey, that's stupid and besides we would probably screw up the draft choices."

But the difference there were that we had something to play for.

No, I don't know whether our pick will have a better career but under that reasoning why doesn't the team with the number 1 pick voluntarily give it up to the Super Bowl winner without getting anything back because, after all, "who knows whether the 1st choice will have a better career than the 32nd choice?"

Now I know you are going to say that is not a fair analogy but isn't it really???? After all you are saying that to win a game that means nothing to us at all, we should give up several draft positions. Isn't that the same as saying that the team with the number 1 draft position might as well trade it to the SuperBowl champ for the number 32 position? It's the same.

Date: January 18, 2010 01:47AM

well not really ur trade reaps nothing while a "pointless win" is something to build on going forward...maybe it doesnt but look att he jets...confidence can elevate a team is the point im trying to make ...you and others may not see that and may be rigth that we may get soemoen who helps turn the team around at #12 that we wouldnt get a few picks later...i get that but it doesnt coem completely free

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.