HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          me rikey thigpen!!!!!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
me rikey thigpen!!!!!!!!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:47AM

sweet!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 10:49AM by berkeley223.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: me rikey thingpen!!!!!!!!
Date: January 03, 2010 10:49AM

he is a solid nfl QB--last year more TDs than INTs in his first year. that nevee happens. I like him as our #2 at least!!

Re: me rikey thingpen!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:59AM

WHAT!!!!????!!!
Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:49AM

Thigpen is awesome!!

so much for the coaches knowing what they have based on practice.

It's only 1 game...but ...so far he is looking better than Henne.

More on that later.

Re: WHAT!!!!????!!!
Date: January 03, 2010 10:50AM

preach it brother!!

we are punishing them for that hit on PAT!!

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:53AM

Where the hell is the PI call?

Date: January 03, 2010 10:56AM

Re: me rikey thigpen!!!!!!!!
Date: January 03, 2010 11:04AM

yeah that pick was brutal and lost the game. though our seive D didn't help, folding when we needed it most

oh well, higher draft pick, anyway

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:08AM

I love Tyler Thigpen but give me a break.... He is no Chad Henne! Wait until next year and I will have any argument on Chad Henne that any of you can come up with! Thigpen is definitely our backup for the future. I love Chad Pennington too but with his age there just is no room. No playoffs for us but next year will be special! Go Phins!

Thigpen
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:10AM

Thigpen can be a very good backup, much like Billy Volek. Still young & learning but vey Romo like.

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:15AM

well at least he didnt create a qb controversy..houston won anyways but at least it was an entertaining game...hope white is ok

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:19AM

Funny how opinions change as he goes from throwing two touchdowns to throwing two picks... give me a break.

Thigpen is an outstanding talent. He has great mobility and can make every throw. THe last pick he had to throw since it was only 30 sec and he had to press the issue. He came into a game cold with ZERO reps and looked spectacular. If he had a half to make mistakes and bring us back this game would have been different.

He IS as good as henne and maybe better, he was not groomed by pennington unfortunately but he has "A" potential. And yes he is WAYYYY better than matt cassel

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:23AM

i like him is defintily a solid backup..just wish he didnt throw the 1st interception ,,even an overtime loss would have dragge dout the season longer

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:27AM

I agree Angryseas! The last game always sucks knowing the long wait we will have for next season! I do have high hopes though for next year! Atleast we have each other fellow fans in the meantime! Lol

Date: January 03, 2010 11:27AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:34AM

I was delighted when we picked him up. Can't believe he wasn't #2 after a couple weeks. Anyway, I want to see him compete for real next TC. Push Henne hard, he needs it.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:45AM

He isn't an NFL QB. 3rd stringer at best

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:36PM

Get rid of Pat White. I hope he is ok...but I hope that hit put him out of the league. He is just too small to compete. He needs a desk job..no offense

Date: January 03, 2010 01:12PM

The 1st pick was PI that should have been called. The 2nd one? 40 seconds...no timeouts? It happens...he hasn't thrown a pass since last year.

he looked very good evading the rush, and finding WR's, and hitting them so they could run.

Henne will likely develop better technique...but today Thigpen looked better.

Date: January 03, 2010 01:19PM

I am inclined to agree.

As cold as he was...he was very effective in avoiding the rush and either getting rid of the ball or finding a target.

His balls are visibly more catchable than Henne's; although, I am sure Henne will develop that touch with more experience.

That deep ball to Bess was a fresh sight for sore eyes!

the picks? 1 was Pass interference and the other? as you pointed out...not timeouts, 40 seconds...that happens to most QB's when they are pressing.

I would like to see an open competition next year.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:33AM

I was stoked when we picked up Thigpen, & I'll be shocked if he isn't at least the #2 QB under Henne next season. In fact, I think he should be given a chance to compete for a starting job. IMO he has too much talent to waste on the bench.

I can't hold it against him for throwing those picks, #3 QB's don't get the reps in practice with the starters. I believe he has what it takes to be a starter in this league, & yes I'll say it...With some time he could be a franchise QB. He definitely has that intangible gunslinger "it" factor.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 04, 2010 06:11PM

> Miami Reppa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Funny how opinions change as he goes from
> throwing
> > two touchdowns to throwing two picks... give me
> a
> > break.
> >
> > Thigpen is an outstanding talent. He has great
> > mobility and can make every throw. THe last
> pick
> > he had to throw since it was only 30 sec and he
> > had to press the issue. He came into a game
> cold
> > with ZERO reps and looked spectacular. If he
> had
> > a half to make mistakes and bring us back this
> > game would have been different.
> >
> > He IS as good as henne and maybe better, he was
> > not groomed by pennington unfortunately but he
> has
> > "A" potential. And yes he is WAYYYY better
> than
> > matt cassel

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> He's not nearly as good as Henne.

RESPONSE: I don't agree. I think Thigpen is NOW better but Henne will shortly pass him because I agree with your comment below.

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
He does have
> some upside, but Henne's upside is much greater.
>
> Thigpen is a better athlete, but Henne has a
> better arm, is more accurate

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

and makes better
> decisions right now despite having less
> experience.

RESPONSE: I don't agree. I saw much better decisions from Thigpen when he was in than I saw from Henne. Henne has been saved from many interceptions because of his fantastic, needle threading, rocket armed talent but I have held my breath on many of his throws. Of course, like I said, if he learns the judgement that Thigpen has and combines it with his talent, then he will be quite a quarterback for the NFL.

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> Lets not build him up too much. He's a nice
> player that brings a bit of controled chaos to the
> field with his mobility. He's a PERFECT back up
> who would be a passable starter.
>
> Henne has elite QB upside. Thigpen doesn't.

RESPONSE: Everyone talks about the 2 interceptions thrown by Thigpen. I don't agree with the game announcers who blasted the first as a very bad decision. I saw a risky throw but one that I thought was in a better position to be a reception than an interception.

The second interception, I simply don't have all the factors to evaluate.

However, the fact that he took our team down the field with the speed, confidence, great passing ability (not with my heart in my throat as with most Henne passes), quite impressed me.

I was definitely impressed. If we can hold on to him to back up Henne, we're in great shape next year. Just replace Pat White as the 3rd String QB. Again, I feel White is just too small to play in the NFL and when he got hit yesterday, I thought my worst PRE-EXISTING fears had come true, that is, "Oh my God. This kid is going get killed."

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2010 06:34AM

I dont think Thigpen is better than Henne at all.

For some reason, our team as a whole played alot better in the 4th quarter during the last few games of the season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 05, 2010 07:36AM

Who's better? Thigpen? Henne? That remains to be seen but one thing is for sure...Thigpen is a better QB than White. Keep Thigpen as backup and let him and Henne battle it out for the starting position next year.

I notice Mike0 hasn't chimed in on this thread yet. Maybe he's somewhere eating crow over his adamant stance over the possibility of moving White to another position.

Date: January 05, 2010 08:04AM

I don't disagree with your point about our 4th quarter play; but, I think Thigpen did some things better than Henne.

While Henne rolls out well on a designed roll out, on a PA, drop back, or shotgun pass, when Henne is flushed out of the pocket he is typically down. Thigpen showed some exceptional mobility and scrambling to buy time to throw away or find a target.

Henne has a rocket arm, but, any YAC comes after a WR stops to catch the ball and then makes a move. With Thigpen, there were a couple throws ( Fasano immediatelt comes to mind) where he threw a soft pass in the perfect spot for the WR to catch on the run.

Henne will likely develop the latter ability. I think Henne has the better arm, and MAY make better decisions ( more reps by Thigpen needed)...but, I haven't seen enough scrambling by Henne to put in Thigpen's league.

I think they need a 2 man competition in the off-season. 1 to push Henne, and also to ensure the best guy is on the field.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 05, 2010 09:21AM

The difference between Henne and Thigpen is pure experience. Henne will look MUCH better next year.

Date: January 05, 2010 01:40PM

Date: January 05, 2010 02:54PM

I think its just that it's been so long since we've seen a Miami QB scramble, step up and throw a bomb to a WR in the endzone, hitting the guy in stride. That play to Bess was really great.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2010 02:56PM

The week before Chad Henne threw a much longer pass perfectly in stride to Ted Ginn, but thanks to Lou Polite is was nullified.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 05, 2010 03:14PM

Thigpen marched the team down and scored coming off the bench with few if any reps in practice.

His 2nd pick came in desperation time, which is a different stat altogether. Something like Henne's desperation INT's against Buffalo.

I believe Henne is going to develop touch and get more comfortable...but...Thigpen was very mobile and poised for a guy who hasn't thrown a pass since week 17 of last year.

Tedd Ginn has tremendous speed and did some great things in college. We all felt that 3 seasons would be enough for him to develop his route running and pass catching to be an NFL #1 WR. He hasn't. So he has #1` speed and potential...but he looks like he will be a #2 or #3 for a while.

Henne has a rocket arm but needs to develop 'touch'. Likely he will in the off-season...but perhaps not.

They need to have a competition in training camp.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.