HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I want the Colts to go undefeated *
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I want the Colts to go undefeated *
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 18, 2009 08:17AM

* - But only if the Phins are eliminated, which I obviously do not want to happen.

But if it does, then I will be rooting for the Colts to go 19-0.

Why?

1 - I LOVE Peyton Manning. As much as I love Marino (I have more pictures of Marino hanging on my walls at home than I do pictures of friends and family...and my cat's name is Marino...) I think Manning is the greatest to ever play the position, and though his stats already show him to be on pace to be the greatest ever, to add an undefeated season to add to his career would put the debate to bed.

2 - It would be such a slap in the face to the Pats and their fans. I'm sitting at work today listening to people bitch and moan about the possibility of the Colts going undefeated, and it is great. Pat's fans are obnoxious and arrogant...they are so used to winning and thinking they have the greatest team of all time...it's great to see them all turn into a bunch of crybabies.

3 - Actually that's it. I love Manning and I hate the Pats and that about sums it up.

I don't think our undefeated record will be tarnished...it was in a different era. I wasn't even alive for it, so maybe it means less to me than it does to some of you "old farts" but I would like to see a team go undefeated in my lifetime, and if/when it happens, I hope Manning is the one to lead that team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want the Colts to go undefeated *
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 18, 2009 08:25AM

See my recent post on "Who is rooting for the Jags to win Thursday," and add your name to the group.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 18, 2009 08:47AM

Okay Futt, so you think I'm and "Old Fart". I was 24 when the Phins won it all. But you know what? If anyone deserves it Payton Manning does. He is truly a great QB. Now that being said, TEAMS win, NOT quarterback's. The Colts are a great team and just might do it.
But the Saints are also a great team. We just might see them both in the Super Bowl.

Now here's my prediction. Phins make the playoffs and knock off the Colts on their way to the Show. Then they beat the Saints. Now that would really make my year!!smileys with beer

Date: December 18, 2009 08:56AM

CB, I get that you value the undefeated record, you've made yourself perfectly clear on that. But you are being ridiculous over this... you even PERFECTLY SPELL OUT HOW US "YOUNGSTERS" FEEL ABOUT WATCHING HISTORY, then slam us for wanting to see it.

You then have the audacity to call us...people who come to a website to talk non-stop Dolphins every single F'ing day of the week "traitors"?

Pal. Buddy. Old guy. Lighten up, will ya?

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 18, 2009 09:14AM

I am not an OLD FART, I do not want to see Peyton and the Colts go 19-0

Leon is right the Phins will take them out next time they play! Good call Leon!

Sorry Peyton and TheFutt

Date: December 18, 2009 09:28AM

I'm with you guys...if the Phins can take them out then damnit I want to see it happen...this is hypothetical...and on my mind since my coworkers have been talking about it all day.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: December 18, 2009 09:47AM

I hate Manning. I hate the way he screams, i hate the way people treat him like a god, i hate the way his big ass forehead takes up 75% of my big screen during his stupid commercials. Nevertheless, i respect the mans game and as much as i cant stand him he is a damn good QB.

This doesnt mean i want them to go undefeated. Think about it guys, thats our thing! When you are talking trash with someone defending the phins thats the ultimate comeback. Some teams have numerous superbowls and great QBs with rings but they all shut up when you say that one word: "undefeated"

With that gone we will have to share our legacy, and whats worse! after it happens there will be nothing but comparing our 72 phins with mannings colts or brees' saints and we all know all those bastards will take the colts or saints over us any day because lets face it, we get no respect and i will rather take a bullet to the face than hear them downplay our finest hour.

Date: December 18, 2009 10:01AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 18, 2009 10:16AM

Okay, time for a little humor.

When I was a teenager in Hollywood, I could never figure out why a college would name their team after a drink, "Boilermakers".

Now I'm in the Boiler Business. eye popping smiley

Date: December 18, 2009 10:17AM

I don't have to spend time making comebacks for anything you say. You do a good enough job at making yourself sound like a bitter old man...no need to add insult to injury.

Date: December 18, 2009 11:16AM

Either that or you have no comeback and this is your way of getting out of an embarrassing situation.

Date: December 18, 2009 11:31AM

And let me further explain myself.

I'm not without sympathy for wanting to witness sports history.

If the 72 Dolphins had lost a regular season game as did the 73 Dolphins which everyone agrees was a tougher team, I would be also saying, "Hey, it would be neat to see some team go all the way to 19-0."

But this is against OUR RECORD.

It's like having an ancestor by family blood hold a sports record but you being a member of the family saying you want someone to break that record because YOU want to witness sports history.

Logically, therefore, your own PERSONAL DESIRES outweigh your loyalty to the family.

There is no other logical interpretation or way to look at it.

Date: December 18, 2009 12:29PM

Embarrassing situation? Pal, the only thing embarrassing here is you.

You even stated our point of view as if you 'understood', then in the same breath call us "traitors".

You're making no sense.

And frankly, if you don't like my opinions, you can piss off.

Or use the "ignore" feature. I'd add you to my short list of "ignored" but to be totally honest, you are too entertaining.

Keep it coming!

Phins to win the SB this year, but if it doesn't happen, GO COLTS!!!

Date: December 18, 2009 02:25PM

A very studious and intellectual response on your part. Discussing all the issues in meticulous detail.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 18, 2009 03:44PM

Yeah, I definately think Peyton has the biggest forehead in the history of mankind. It is almost alien-like freaky of a figure.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dickyd13 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 02:28AM

i do not understand why anyone in there right mind, who claims to be a dolphin fan, would want to see that piece of crap manning go 19-0..... makes no sense at all. Its like cheering for geriatric Favre to break all of Marinos records, just so you can see them broken in "your lifetime" Stupidest thing i have ever heard..... why dont you go drool over Manning in a colts forum- maybe they will respect you there

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:16AM

Personally I would like for the Dolphins record to stand.

I love watching history in the making. But...I would prefer to see someone break records that have already been broken...passing yards, rushing yards, points in a game, etc.

The Perfect Season is singular. It is not the 'most recent' record. When Favre surpassed Marino he did it in areas that Marino had surpassed someone else, who had surpassed someone else.

Since the NFL came into existence ( including pre-merger) NO OTHER TEAM has done it.

The Pats coming close reinforced how special that 72 accomplishment was.

As a Dolphin fan....the only time I want to see the 72 Team surpassed? By another Miami Dolphin Team.

You want to hear my 'ideal history in the making'?

We go on to make the play-offs, eliminate the undefeated Colts in the AFC Championship, then face the undefeated Saints in the Superbowl and win, and then in 2010 we go undefeated and Write the PERFECT STORY of how the 72 Dolphins record was finally broken.

Could you imagine? 2 teams poised to break the record and then the Miami Dolphins eliminate them both, and winning the Superbowl in the process?!

Let the record stand until we surpass it ourselves.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:07AM

realist, im adding your situation to my xmas list. After that i dont care if the world ends in 2012 id be the happiest guy alive. hahahhahaha

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 19, 2009 02:44PM

lol, yeah that would be epic...and would satisfy the hunger for decades.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 20, 2009 06:49AM

* - But only if the Phins are eliminated, which I obviously do not want to happen.

But if it does, then I will be rooting for the Colts to go 19-0.

Why?

1 - I LOVE Peyton Manning

There is no disputing that Peyton is a class act and a great QB...no matter how much you guys cry if it is meant to be, it's gonna happen.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 20, 2009 07:08AM

Yeah, but us Dolphin fans dont want it to happen. Too want someone other than the Phins to go undefeated is ludicrus.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:25AM

I'm due to win my 3rd fantasy football league in 3 years, and all 3 I've had Peyton Manning as my QB.

A class act and he always give me good points, good for him if he goes 19-0, hopefully driving the ball through the patsies on the way...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:33AM

Miamidolp1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm due to win my 3rd fantasy football league in 3
> years, and all 3 I've had Peyton Manning as my
> QB.
>
> A class act and he always give me good points,
> good for him if he goes 19-0, hopefully driving
> the ball through the patsies on the way...

Who the hell cares?

Date: December 20, 2009 11:40AM

montequi Wrote:
> Who the hell cares?

RESPONSE: Monte, fantasy players are an entirely different human species.

They are able to separate their fans-self from their fantasy-self. There are no true Phan-tasy Phins.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:41AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who the hell cares?
>
> RESPONSE: Monte, fantasy players are an entirely
> different human species.
>
> They are able to separate their fans-self from
> their fantasy-self. There are no true Phan-tasy
> Phins.

Then why the hell do I have to read about them on this board? This guy's just bragging and rooting for the Colts. He should just go to an Indy website to do that.

Date: December 20, 2009 11:50AM

montequi Wrote:

> Then why the hell do I have to read about them on
> this board? This guy's just bragging and rooting
> for the Colts. He should just go to an Indy
> website to do that.

RESPONSE: But that's just the point. This guy, unlike the Futt, is really not a Manning OR a Colts fan. He is only a fan of the team he is coaching.

If somebody else in his league had drafted Manning, he'd be praying for Peyton to break a leg.

Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 12:31PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Then why the hell do I have to read about them
> on
> > this board? This guy's just bragging and
> rooting
> > for the Colts. He should just go to an Indy
> > website to do that.
>
> RESPONSE: But that's just the point. This guy,
> unlike the Futt, is really not a Manning OR a
> Colts fan. He is only a fan of the team he is
> coaching.
>
> If somebody else in his league had drafted
> Manning, he'd be praying for Peyton to break a
> leg.

LOL, Well said...

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 21, 2009 02:24PM

It's funny, at work alot of guys play fantasy football. I personally don't do it.

I remember one of the guys asked my coworker "hey you wanna join"....my firnds response was "No thanks, I like women and vagina instead."

It was funny at the time.grinning smiley

Date: December 21, 2009 05:21PM

You assume that another team going undefeated somehow diminishes what the 72 team did. Only idiots think that. It's nealy a 40 year old record. It was a different era. We had that discussion in another topic and everybody agreed you can't compare QBs from different eras because the game is different.

Same thing applies here. The real issue here is that the dolphins have not done anything noteworthy in YEARS and the only argument as a phin fan is to fall back on the 72 season. I like the 72 record as much as anybody else but IF the colts go undefeated, like I said only an idiot would take anything away from the 72 team.

I wanted Manning to get a ring in 06 because he reminded me of Marino and the he suffered over not winning a championship. He got it and I was thrilled for him. And now that the pats went 16-0 and finished 18-1 the only way to top it is if a team goes unbeaten. Manning and the colts have a shot.

So despite my "traitor" status, which is asinine considering how much time I spend posting on and reading this board, I will root for manning and his colts to go all the way, so long as it does not interfere with a Miami championship.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 21, 2009 06:03PM

chatafkup Wrote:
> It's funny, at work alot of guys play fantasy
> football. I personally don't do it.
>
> I remember one of the guys asked my coworker "hey
> you wanna join"....my firnds response was "No
> thanks, I like women and vagina instead."
>
> It was funny at the time.grinning smiley

Have you ever listened to Jim Mandich's talk show when someone calls in on the subject? More than once I've heard young-sounding guys (who obviously don't know that much about the MadDog) call in and ask Jim something about FF during the offseason. His response each time: "Fantasy Football? Shouldn't be out looking for poontang, man?"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.