HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 16, 2009 09:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS!!
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 16, 2009 09:23AM

Not even close td ginn would win.......A RB would never beat a speedy WR.....Specially ted ginn....

Date: December 16, 2009 09:30AM

specially since chris johnson is 20 pounds heavier. The only way he would have a chance is if he get a huge start. And i doubt even like that......

Date: December 16, 2009 09:36AM

I dont know Sam. It would be close. I actually think Johnson would might be a little quicker off the block than Teddy would....not sure of it, but atleast I think he would. But Ginns long stride would keep it close....if not win it.

Not sure either way, though.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 16, 2009 10:06AM

4.24 is pretty quick.

Lots of articles requoting CJs claim that Ginn was a no show for the race.

The tie breaker goes to CJ, as he has shown his speed on the playing field in the form of yards and TDs.

- Ginn has yet to show he can use his speed for anything more than straight line or kO returns where he has a head wind going.

- Hope this gets Ginn fired up to prove something

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 16, 2009 10:22AM

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 16, 2009 11:07AM

I don't think Ginn would stand a chance in the 40. Maybe a longer race he could compete, but it would be very interesting to see. It's been a long time since there's been any interest in who the fastest man in the NFL is.

What ever happened to the competition they used to have? I know it got boring but I'd still like to see the fastest players line up and run.

Date: December 16, 2009 11:22AM

I hope the media stirs this up into something big where the fastest man competition is actually brought back.

I remember when Darrell Green used to dominate the event year after year.

But Ginn vs. Johnson would be something I would love to see.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: December 16, 2009 11:51AM

Ginn;s break way speed is amazing. the few times he gets a step with the ball he gains ground on people as he gets closer to endzone. No CB even with an angle can catch him. Get faster as he goes.

Date: December 16, 2009 11:56AM

It's too bad we've only seen it a couple times this year. Maybe we'll see it more over the last few games! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: December 16, 2009 05:18PM

I'm hoping that Johnson dishing Ginn is motivation for Ginn to go out on Sunday and show that not only is he fast but he can actually catch another long ball like he did against the colts. I would love to see him return a KO and also catch a long td pass.

They throw long the other day but it was to Bess and not Ginn, if Ginn had been on that route the pass might have be catchable since it was out of Bess's reach.

Date: December 17, 2009 04:06AM

Date: December 17, 2009 04:10AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:42AM

Ginn can blow past anyone. His slow start of the line has to do with a CB in his face not his acceleration. He can be top speed in a race in just a few steps.

Now whether he can beat CJ? That can only be proven in a real race. So what's the point of this?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:46AM

Johnson would win the short race easily. I dont think anyone has ran faster than his 4.25 in the modern era of combine times (not counting guys like deion where who know what he ran because you cant be very percise with a hand timer).

In a longer say 100 yard dash would be more interesting since ginn does not have very good short acceleration. WHen he stops and restarts it takes more time then I would expect from a person with his agility.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:26AM

I don't think the problem with Ginn is his acceleration. He seems to be able to instantly hit top gear. His problem is that he does not run his routes at full speed. He appears to run at 80% until he has the ball in his hands and then instantly tuns it up. He got away with that in college, but in the NFL that means you are covered and someone will be there for the tackle. If he ran his routes at full speed like a Welker, TO, or even Bess he would be unstoppable. He is just too tentative.

Date: December 17, 2009 07:39AM

Date: December 17, 2009 07:48AM

mid field going at full speed ginn imo is faster.....I dont really know who would win the 40 because who knows who would get a head start etc....

Ginn cant catch or whatever you want to say but when it comes to speed which is the only thing going for him right now, he is one of the fastest players in the NFL....CJ is too but check this out....

Look at it this way................Imagine the 100 dard dash..................imagine both players would had the stamania to get all the way through it until the end at full speed.........Imagine both players would get the same head start.....??????

Who out runs who???

Ted Ginn out runs CJ. IMHO.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 17, 2009 07:52AM

I don't even care who would win, I just hope it lights a fire under Ginn's butt and he does his talking in the end zone Sunday.

Date: December 17, 2009 08:07AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now whether he can beat CJ? That can only be
> proven in a real race. So what's the point of
> this?

Did you read the article from A&O's original post?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:03AM

Ginn would win

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:15AM

I'll tell you how you get Ginn to win - have the bet be that the guy who comes in second takes a hit from a safety at the end of the race.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.