HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brady Quinn..stinks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brady Quinn..stinks
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 16, 2009 07:20PM

I'm glad we didn't get stuck with that turkey. Henne all the way!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brady Quinn..stinks
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 16, 2009 07:23PM

yeah but I'm sure if he were teamed with that offensive mastermind/QB guru CamCam he'd be in the hall of fame already

yeah he does really suck. a KR/scared-to-get-hit-can't-catch WR is a way better pick than him--that's how much he sucks

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 17, 2009 12:20AM

Quinn isn't good. But to be fair he has zero help around him. Bad oline. 2 rookie WR's. No tight end. An old over the hill running back.

Its a bad situation

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 17, 2009 02:36AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quinn isn't good. But to be fair he has zero help
> around him. Bad oline. 2 rookie WR's. No tight
> end. An old over the hill running back.
>
> Its a bad situation

Consider what he would have had if WE would have drafted him. The situation you mentioned above wouldn't have been very different. Add to that a terrible head coach who would have been fired at the end of the year, you have to wonder if he was just doomed from the beginning.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 03:29AM

closin the door on the GINN vs QUINN debate....thumbs up

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 17, 2009 03:31AM

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 17, 2009 05:52AM

Who ever it was that was dying for us to draft him, must feel a little goofy trying to defend that stance now. Sure hindsight is 20-20, but he sucked in college too. He was all hype.
How bout those two hail-marys at the end of the game: they traveled all of 50 yds in the air and landed 10 yds out of bounds. Both of them.
The Cleveland fans couldn't boo him loud enough.
Quinn is done, he'll be out of the league in 2 years. Book it.

Date: November 17, 2009 07:28AM

the final answer to the ginn/quinn debate---

BOTH would have been horrible at #9 (tho only 1 was actually taken there!!)

Brady Quinn AND Ted Ginn BOTH stink
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:47AM

I think we can put to bed the "GINN vs QUINN" debate - QB Quinn stinks, and WR Ginn stinks. KR Ginn is at least decent, so I guess we won this one. Still, both teams wasted that first round draft pick. We won this one, too, though, because they had to trade up to get Quinn, so he cost them a lot more than Ginn cost us.

Rick

Re: Brady Quinn AND Ted Ginn BOTH stink
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:00AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> We won this one, too, though, because
> they had to trade up to get Quinn, so he cost them
> a lot more than Ginn cost us.

I beg to differ. We spent a #9 pick on Ginn. They spent a #22 pick on Quinn. While getting ZERO for a pick hurts more than getting someone who wasn't worth being drafted that high, I'll argue that Ginn cost US more than Quinn cost THEM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 08:00AM by montequi.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:14AM

montequi Wrote:

.... I'll
> argue that Ginn cost US more than Quinn cost THEM.

True but he's also paid more dividends than Quinn has paid them. For all his drops and everything else he'sd done wrong, Ginn has at least produced a few TDs. Quinn has produced a giant turd.

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:17AM

Why do people still talk about Ginn/Quinn as if those were the only two choices? Personally I wanted Okeye who is still a young DE, but really at the time there were real needs on defense. After Ginn you had Okeye and then Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis, either of whom would be *huge* on this team right now. Or they could have traded down and still gotten Brandon Meriweather or Michael Griffin or even Jon Beason. Now, the draft can be a crapshoot but the real problem is that Cam the moron decided to go for a skill player on offense even though he had eroding talent at every defensive position...at least with Quinn you know that having a decent QB is a requirement in this league so if you think he has it you take a shot. Having a great receiver is always a luxury. THAT is why the Ginn pick was monumentally stupid, he was not the best player on the board, he did not address a real need, you could have traded down to the mid-20's to get him if you loved him that much. etc. The fact that he has also largely been a bust just exacerbates the problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 08:20AM by joemama.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:40AM

I believe you are mistaken. While Quinn was picked at #22 of the first round, the Browns had the #3 pick in that draft, and took Joe Thomas. To get #22, they had to trade their second round pick in 2007 and their first round pick in 2008 to Dallas. Thus, Quinn cost them a second round pick as well as a first rounder the next year.

Rick

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:59AM

I was going to post a new thread about Brady Quinn...........Yes he sucks and im glad we didnt draft the kid.

He looks terrible. Out of sync with the receivers.....Happy feet....................A complete mess...............

Im glad at least we have hope with henne. Cleveland is in trouble. Big trouble. Brady quinn is a bust.

PS. And im not going to be a hypocrite.............I will say that iam one of the ones that wanted us to draft brady quinn. But im glad how it all turned out for us.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 17, 2009 09:08AM

I never wanted Quinn, and the fact that the Browns actually started a guy that can not through the ball inbounds, on two plays in a row, is a sure sign that they are officially the worst team in the NFL. I would honestly rather watch last years Lions! To think that some people actually complain about our GM. It could be worse!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 17, 2009 09:12AM

We also have to look at the fact that if we had drafted Quinn he'd be in the position Henne is in right now...everything being equal we still get Pennington because the current coaches didn't want to go with a rookie so soon. Also we still have the talent we have now minue Ginn so Quinn would have had a chance to sit and learn as Henne has...who knows maybe we still draft Henne and have Pennington, Quinn, Henne as the quarterbacks.

Either way Quinn would almost certainly have been a different player for us than the one we see in Cleveland.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 10:08AM

Ken Wrote:
> Either way Quinn would almost certainly have been
> a different player for us than the one we see in
> Cleveland.

I disagree. Quinn would stink here because we have no receivers....and He is just not accurate..We'd be even worse.

Henne on the other hand puts the ball right in the receivers hands.........And they drop it...Ginn fasano etc.....

If i had to pick one of them i would pick henne.....And im not saying that because henne is a miami dolphin....I just think henne has much more upside than quinn.
You can see it on the field.

Date: November 17, 2009 11:51AM

ugh, remember when people were talking about trading a high pick for Derek Anderson? I even remember reading somewhere about possibly trading the #1 overall for him the year we had the number one over all.
Anderson looks like the worst QB ever. If we had Speilman/Wanny at the time I bet we make that trade, too.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 17, 2009 12:16PM

Anderson won 10 games that one year and had Cleveland on the brink of the playoffs. I think both QB's can play, I just think both are in a terrible situation with bad supporting casts and coaches.

Neither are great, but both can play in this league.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 17, 2009 02:07PM

Monte, they gave up a first rounder for Quinn in the next draft, did you forget that?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 18, 2009 04:01AM

I definitely agree with the sentiment that Chad Henne looks better than Brady Quinn, even if I think Quinn's career might be salvaged with a team that isn't a complete trainwreck.

I think Henne would be putting up much better numbers (and we'd have won the NE game) if we had any receivers who could freaking catch the ball other than Greg Camarillo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 04:06AM by (R/J)ay.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 18, 2009 04:48AM

flashing back to the 2007 NFL draft top 22 picks:

Winners:

Vikings Adrian Peterson (7) Best RB in the NFL
Jets * Darrelle Revis (14) Best CB in the NFL
Cardinals Levi Brown (5) Anchors Right Side
49ers* Patrick Willis (11) Solid Defense
Titans* Michael Griffin (19) Pro Bowler

Losers:

Raiders JaMarcus Russell (1) Zero Intelligence
Buccaneers Gaines Adams(4) Failure
Redskins LaRon Landry (6) Not a top 10 talent
Rams Adam Carriker (13) IR already
Browns Brady Quinn (22) All Hype
Dolphins Ted Ginn Jr. (9) Poor Hands

(Sad Company on the loser side)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 04:51AM by toko34.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.