HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ted ginn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ted ginn
Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 01:50PM

clearly nobody but you lil mikeO keeps claiming that Ginn is to blame for the phins loss. Everyone on here is pointing to the fact that he consistently drops passes that hit his hands at some of, if not the most critical moments during games. He does sometimes make good plays.. but damn does he screw up when it's on the line... and I know, you're gonna say Camarillo and Bess dropped passes too blah blah blah but Camarillo and Bess are among the top 10 of the NFL in completion percentage.. what's Ginn's pass to catch ratio??? Not even close... and along with that, for some ungodly reason, he somehow is the person that the ball is thrown to when the Phins ABSOLUTELY must have a TD or a completion or the game is over... and he has shown in those scenarios that he generally fails miserably. He is not solely the reason the phins lost this game.. he just does not deserve to be on the field when the game is in a "must catch" situation.

Regardless, they never should have got to 4th and 15.. honestly they should have punted on 4th down with nearly 3 min left in the game and make the pats get 1st downs to run out the clock.. not give them the ball in fieldgoal range and let them kick a fg and give 0 chance for overtime. My feelings are that the pats would have probably ran the ball 3 times and punted back to miami and they might have had another chance to at least tie with probably very little time left on the clock. At least get the chance though, which would have been better than watching the lead go from 7 to 10 and be able to do nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 08, 2009 02:18PM

Ginn was thrown to because he was wide open...thats the short, simple and accurate reason for it. Henne simply does not have the time to look at the numbers and decide who to throw to. Ginn does need some work but he's not the reason we are losing...for that there is PLENTY of blame to go around.

We need "mo-betta" players in three main areas.

Relying on Brown and Williams will only get us so far.

This team needs to wade into free agency deeply with respect to recievers and spend some money...if any are available that are any good. Then we need to draft at least one receiver and fortify the defense. If we do those things we should be in much better shape next season when we play against the high powered offenses.

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:02PM

OK, number 1. The guy said he had a big drop, he didn't say he was the reason the Dolphins lost. IMO the biggest problem with this board is when guys like mikeO put words in other people's mouths in order to make their own points stronger.

He had a crappy drop. The pass was not great, but he was feeling the safety help more than looking for the ball. Hartline's drop on first down was much worse. But that doesn't make Ginn's drop not happen. The ball was there, it was in a place where he could get both hands on and instead he anticipated contact and took his eyes off. It's that simple. If you are a wide receiver in your third year and you are still doing that then you don't have much hope of being a big-time receiver.

Now, the simple fact is that every receiver on this team seems to have trouble catching the ball on slants and other plays where timing is important. That may all be Henne's fault. But I'm watching these guys and they are failing to make plays, including Ginn. He's not the reason we lost but he had a crap play. Yelling at people that he's not the reason we lost is stupid, it doesn't change that it was a crap play and people aren't saying he's the reason we lost.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:14PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
Im not getting banned
> tonight. Later

Best thing you have said all night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2009 03:17PM by ranger1.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:21PM

Every week we get on here and talk about how Ginn droped a pass because of this or because of that. It was high, it was low, it was far right or far left. I wonder how many AZ fans post about Larry Fitzgerald on a weekly basis to excuse his drops or Adre Johnson, or Randy Moss........ the bottom line is, if you have to make excuses about the way you played week in and week out then you are a shitty player or you are blinded by team loyalty.

Hey Aqua to answer your question It hit him in both hands. Need I say more?

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:27PM

That was the problem it hit him in both hands. When you have hands of stone the ball will bounce off em...LOL But again I will be cheering for him the next time he makes a play... I hope he make many...

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:47PM

now you are holding Ginn to the standard of Moss, Fitz, and Andre....yeah that's realistic

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:53PM

This board is becoming almost impossible to read after losses. All the blame is put on Ted Ginn....its absolutely absurd. I cant hardly take this board anymore. A post about Ted Ginn with 40 replies on 1 drop pass and every WR dropped numerous passes throughout the game, yet no one talks about them.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 08, 2009 03:56PM

I can't believe that this post exists. On that very drive someone dropped AN EASY pass that would have not put us in a position to have to go for it on 4th down.

The pass that went to Ginn was high and fast. Could he have caught it? Yeah.

Could you call it a drop? No.

There are drops and there are misses. You had better go looking earlier on that same drive for a drop.

You can miss making the most fantastic catch in football history and you can DROP any easy pass. This was simply a miss.

Date: November 08, 2009 04:00PM

Chyren, ppl really hate Ginn though, and logical statements like you just wrote will not ever be read. They blame Ginn that we lost. And if he catches that pass it was garaunteed that we would have won the game. It doesnt matter about the other drops. They only care if Ted comes within 10 yards of an incomplete pass....its his fault.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:11PM

Show me where someone says we lost just because of Ginn??? And most of us do not hate Ginn, Just get tired of our first round pick not showing improvement... Make all the excuses you want for him, it was high it was fast it was whatever, it is not only Ginn, the problem is that The money he makes the position he was picked with the lack of production... There is a salary cap, and if you have players that make good money but don't produce then you limit yourself.. That said, was it Ginns fault we lost???? NO Did he do much to help us win??? NO also no other WR did much to help us either... I am praying Ginn will get better, do not hate the kid, not even close....

Date: November 08, 2009 04:13PM

Also all you Ginn supporters keep saying what about the drop by this guy and that guy... You should be defending those guys as much as you defend Ginn... Throw all the other guys under the bus just defend Ginn....

Date: November 08, 2009 04:14PM

Dude, Ginn sucks as a WR. Do you not get it!? Wasting time on here bashing him does no good. He sucks as a WR. We need new WR's....all of ours suck....get over it.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:15PM

Dude, I just said Ginn sucks....but I also admitted the rest of them suck too. Please read my posts. I dont just bash one and not the others, like you and all the others do. Point the finger at yourself and not me, pal.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:16PM

Hey if we don't bash, what else is there after today's game??? LOL

Date: November 08, 2009 04:17PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> This board is becoming almost impossible to read
> after losses. All the blame is put on Ted
> Ginn....its absolutely absurd. I cant hardly take
> this board anymore. A post about Ted Ginn with 40
> replies on 1 drop pass and every WR dropped
> numerous passes throughout the game, yet no one
> talks about them.

EXACTLY!

Date: November 08, 2009 04:17PM

Aqua that was not pointed at you....

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: November 08, 2009 04:18PM

A & O... Amazing that you're in "Iraq" posting on this board at 5 am "your time". Looking at your posts, you wrote on this board throughout your entire night, And day actually.

I have a brother in-law currently in Afghanistan. He's lucky if he has time to email his family once a week, much less write countless posts on a football fan site at all hours of the day.

Come clean A & O. You know you're not in Iraq right now. Pretty sad attempt to get some recognition from the phins.com crew.

Date: November 08, 2009 04:20PM

Quote:

"Hey if we don't bash, what else is there after today's game??? LOL"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
What about the defense that couldnt stop anyone again? What about bad decisions on offense including playcalling? What about all the dropped passes from ever WR? What about how importang Fergusen is to our running D? What about our defenant need for upgrrades all over the defense?

Those are just some of the things you could be bashing other than 1 Ted Ginn play.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:21PM

Hokie Phin Wrote:
> A & O... Amazing that you're in "Iraq" posting on
> this board at 5 am "your time". Looking at your
> posts, you wrote on this board throughout your
> entire night, And day actually.
>
> I have a brother in-law currently in Afghanistan.
> He's lucky if he has time to email his family once
> a week, much less write countless posts on a
> football fan site at all hours of the day.
>
> Come clean A & O. You know you're not in Iraq
> right now. Pretty sad attempt to get some
> recognition from the phins.com crew.

Myself and A&O disagree on alot (almost everything).......but to question his service and whether he is in IRAQ or not is pretty low. And I will leave it at that

Date: November 08, 2009 04:22PM

Hokie...I work a computer job from 7pm to 7am...I swear I am in Baghdad. And really your not even worth trying to prove anything over....

You know there is 24/7 operations over here....the bad guys dont get off at 5pm.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:24PM

Hokie, go research a post over the last 2 months and find a post where I have posted between the hours of 11 am to 11 pm ET. You wont find any, because Im 8 hours ahead over here and I work 7pm- 7 am.

Youre a freakin moron.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:26PM

cant bash Ferg, being out not his fault... Read some of my post where I said the D cant stop anyone... also read my posts where I said all wr dropped passes and finally when I pay good money to the fins every year I can Bash who ever I want, not who you tell me to.... Ginn can always have a game like last week and shut me up...... and the big reason I don't bash the other WR's as much is I never expected much out of them, they are what I thought they where..A guy to come in in a 4 WR set.. Forced to play bigger rolls... Now Ginn being picked where he was I expected alot out of him... and I think he gets paid to be a bigger roll player then the rest..

Date: November 08, 2009 04:27PM

A & O, look at the hours that you post. Lie all you wish. You got called out on your lie and it probably is embarassing.

Date: November 08, 2009 04:28PM

Go ahead Hokie, Stick your foot in your mouth again, you freakin loser. I wish I could see you face to face. Your the type of guy that should see what its like over here. Went to college off your mommy and daddies money, never earned a freakin dollar in your life from hard work.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:29PM

Hokie, How do you want me to prove it? GO ahead and tell me. I will prove it.

---------------------

Date: November 08, 2009 04:30PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Hokie, go research a post over the last 2 months
> and find a post where I have posted between the
> hours of 11 am to 11 pm ET. You wont find any,
> because Im 8 hours ahead over here and I work 7pm-
> 7 am.
>
>
>
> Youre a freakin moron.

Think you made mistake in this statement, it is between 11am and 11pm ET right now is it not??? its 9:30PM ET

Any way I say thanks for being over there for us...

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 04:32PM

That makes no sense! How would you have known where the ball was being thrown?

Date: November 08, 2009 04:33PM

You better look up the time change A & O. Then put you a more accurate lie together.

Date: November 08, 2009 04:34PM

where is phinsfan2? I will email him from my government email address from here in Iraq to prove it u idiot.

---------------------

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.