HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ted ginn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ted ginn
Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:02AM

Another big drop at the end of the game, why is he in there to allow this to happen?

I believe on an earlier thirs down he ran the wrong route as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ted ginn
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:02AM

Hiow many did Bess drop today?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:03AM

Bess dropped one. He made several good tough catches though. Ginn, as usual in an important situation failed. He can't catch.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:03AM

how many did all our receiver drop today. They all suck and he Ginn is the worst! Keep his ass on special teams!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:04AM

Mike said the ball was high and almost uncatchable....someone is lying here.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:04AM

they only threw to him TWICE all day and he caught one. That last pass was high. If your gonna blame this loss on him then you have no clue about football. Brady goes for 300+, Moss for about 150, Maroney had his way with our d-line. And ginn who was hardly on the field, gets a high pass on 4th and 15 and its HIS FAULT WE LOST. Un-f'n real.

Why is he on the field........who else we got???? Hartline who just dropped an easy one??? Camarillo with zero speed?? Or line Haynos up at WR cause that puts fear into Belichick??

Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:05AM

Well, we KNOW where our #1 pick needs to go in 2010, either to a newbie sticky-handed receiver out of college or toward a trade for a sticky-handed veteran. I am sick of seeing floppy octopus hands out there from ted ginn... he may be a good kick returner, but I wouldn't put him higher than a 4th receiver on any team... even the practice squad.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:05AM

The only Dropped pass on 4th and 15 with the game on the line was by Ginn case closed .....

Date: November 08, 2009 11:07AM

and the dropped pass on 3rd down by Hartline doesn't count right??????

Or Henne walking off the field like a MORON calling timeout when he doesnt' have one taking a dealy of game penalty cause his head isn't in the game doesn't count right????

Please

Date: November 08, 2009 11:10AM

sure it counts but on 3rd down you get another try and where was hartline picked in the draft???? 4th down you throw it to your first pick in the draft hits him in both hands should you expect a catch? or should you have to defend him every week>??????

Date: November 08, 2009 11:10AM

I don't think anyone is blaming Ginn for everything, but it is just his M.O. to fail when the situation needs him most. Yes, the ball was a little high, he got both hands on it and dropped it. It really wasn't any more difficult than the game winning pass he dropped vs. Indy either.

Ginn plays in the NFL, it is not unreasonable to expect him to catch balls he gets both hands on.

Date: November 08, 2009 11:12AM

a little high?? He had to leave both feet to even put a hand on it.

Oh my god you people, uh, Im not getting banned tonight. Later

Date: November 08, 2009 11:12AM

I will give him some props for his kickoff returns he is getting better at it, like the fact he took that hit on that last return and didnt fall down on his own... but he has been awful as a receiver...

Date: November 08, 2009 11:13AM

Get a hand on it????? He got both hands on it.............

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:16AM

Bess dropped a couple .... and Hartline also had a drop.

Date: November 08, 2009 11:16AM

I guess Ginn is the only player who doesn't have to catch a jump ball? That explains the Indy game, and his INT he gave to Sharper for the TD. If Ginn has to jump he isn't obligated to catch the ball. Ok.

Date: November 08, 2009 11:18AM

Oh didn't you hear the Dolphins gave Ginn an exemption to making catches.. Every one else has to catch the ball But Ginn he Just has to jump and touch it and they are fine with it....

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:25AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they only threw to him TWICE all day and he caught
> one. That last pass was high. If your gonna blame
> this loss on him then you have no clue about
> football.
-------------------------------------------------------

The posters who have no clue about football are the ones that start posts each week that says defense sucks, or defense didn't apply pressure so we lost, etc, etc. The game goes to whoever has a bigger number on the scoreboard, so the brilliant deduction from that is that we must have a bad defense because the other team's number is bigger and we didn't stop that, right? lol.

At some point during the first half they put up numbers from receivers that caught passes from Brady, and it was 3 here, 3 there, another 3 there, etc. If any of those receivers decided to drop 50 percent of their passes, not only would the Patriots lose all their games but those receivers wouldn't be on the team next year. There would be no apologists saying, oh the ball was high, the ball was too low, the sun was in his eyes, he was open one time and no one saw him. How about when the ball hits him in the face, would that be on target????

We had a chance to win it in the end, yet again...and we drove down the field and collapsed. Ginn dropped a very catchable pass, Hartline dropped a catchable pass, and Bess and if I'm not mistaken Hanos too had a little trouble.

You just don't win games that way.

It's a struggle for us to score, and it's not a struggle for other good teams. Other teams score in the 4th quarter, and we don't. Other teams have a passing game and we don't. Even a blind man can see what's wrong here.

Date: November 08, 2009 11:27AM

I agree with what you said , but with our limited O and D we hang on every play and every drop becomes a big deal....

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:35AM

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:42AM

I agree with DolphinSam, but those arent mutually exclusive explanations. There were games this year (Indy) where the Defense basically lost the game doing the el foldo.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:54AM

The Pats announcers stated good receivers catch those balls and commented on the Phin's lack of any receiving threat

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:17PM

Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:22PM

good plan mikeO... Stay off the board lol

Date: November 08, 2009 12:27PM

nah I'm back. I need a good laugh and want to see how Ginn is the fault of everything wrong in Miami

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:27PM

He should have made the catch, plain and simple. He did not cost us the game. That was a team effort! We never should have been in a 4th and 15 situation to begin with! Our defense is to young in some areas and to old in others. It's time to let Mr. Wake play more, that guy has a serious motor on him and Joey is just taking time away from him.

Date: November 08, 2009 12:28PM

Time to start Wake and Clemons on defense. Our season after today is now over. Play all the kids.

Time to make Patrick Turner active on offense as well and get him some reps at WR

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:48PM

Ginn was late getting his hands up. If he had done so earlier, it would have been a much easier catch. But, he wasn't ready for it. Maybe he didn't think Henne would go to him with the game on the line.

It's sad to say, but watching the Pats today, Sam Aiken would be our #1 WR, and it really wouldn't even be close.

Date: November 08, 2009 12:50PM

MikeO I fail to see where we say he lost the game... We Are Saying we need him to win the game for us... If The fins as a whole where better Ted Ginns drops would just be a blip on the screen, but since we are not A Great team we are looking for our top drafts to step it up... I would absolutely love to see Ginn become the best receiver on this team, I cheer for him when he does good things but I dont wave the pom poms when he doesn't... I own 2 Ted Ginn Shirts, So he had my support in the start but now needs to earn it.. Way I look at it, I purchase dolphin merchandise, buy season tickets pay for parking pass eat food and drink drinks, So I pay these guys they play for me and any fan that spends money on the team, so it is reasonable that we have expectations from players.. It is fine that you think Ginn may be a great player someday, I hope you are right... and the rest of us are wrong...

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 01:28PM

When that last throw went to Tedd Ginn, I put hands on my face right as the throw left Henne's hand, as if I were watching Friday the 13th and something was about to jump from out of the dark. Then there was silence. I don't know how many times I can watch the same thing over and over and expect different results.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.