HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The TED GINN Show
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The TED GINN Show
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 02, 2009 07:26AM

I think we all need to come back to earth. Ginn is an incredible runner in the open field, but I don't think he has the tools to be an effective #1 OR #2 WR in the league. His hands are too small, so he won't be making circus catches. He also lacks the toughness factor necessary for a starting WR.

I think Ginn can be a great weapon if used in a similar fashion as Reggie Bush or (way back when) Eric Metcalf. If we can get Ginn the ball in the open field, he can be deadly. He's just not starting WR material.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 08:22AM

RW13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ranger1, there is no need to be an ass! Every
> player that comes into the league deserves a
> chance to prove himself.

What? Not being an ass just pointing out the obvious. When a player has a bad week a lot of the "fans" want to cut them demote them and so on then the same player has 1 good week and he is the best thing since slice bread. Give me a break. He has had a chance to prove himself and until he proves otherwise then he is a bust as a legit WR. He had a stellar game and no one could argue that just as he lost us the NO game he won us the Jets game.

I guess the difference is some of us make intelligent conclusions after looking over the facts and some of us just like to give opinions based on their emotions at the time.

The point to MikeO was simple, he is one of those who hates Ginn one week and then starts a thread about how great he is. This coming from the person who is so over qualified in everything football that he actually "turned down" a job with the Phins. Please!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 02, 2009 09:39AM

I have said over and over that Ted Ginn is not a #1 or maybe even a #2 WR in this league. I even started a thread at one time calling for Ginn to be lined up in the slot matched up against LB/Safety. His speed could not be handled from that position. What am I trying to say ultimately? No, Ted Ginn is not lived up to the #1 WR billing.

But what you guys have somehow forgotten is what CamMoron said when he drafted Ted. He drafted him to be a KR/PR first. Am I telling you we drafted a Special teams guy with a top 10 pick!?!? YES I AM!!! GET OVER IT!

Are you telling me if the draft was over again that Devin Hester was drafted in that he would not be a top 10 pick? YES HE WOULD!!!

Ted Ginn was not drafted to be Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzegerald. He was drafted to be Devin Hester and hopefully turn into one of those great WR's.

Well he hasnt turned into Boldin or Fitzegerald...does it suck? YES IT DOES! I was hoping he would be a great WR. But he is far from it.

To call him a bust is ridiculous, absurd and ignorant. Ignorant because you have no idea why he was drafted.

At the time he was drafted we had *ZERO* playmakers, take it to the house guys. If it takes a special teams guy to be that person, then so be it.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 02, 2009 09:49AM

Don't be mad at Ted Ginn for not being a #1 WR. You were *SPECIFICALLY* told that day by CamMoron that he was a return guy.

---------------------

Date: November 02, 2009 10:09AM

And by the way, Ted Ginn didnt have a single catch yesterday.....

Neither did his replacement, Brian Hartline.

---------------------

Date: November 02, 2009 04:51PM

well, still waiting for a reply. eye rolling smiley

---------------------

Date: November 02, 2009 05:00PM

From who?

Date: November 02, 2009 05:03PM

LOL! Anybody! thumbs up smileys with beer

---------------------

Date: November 02, 2009 05:08PM

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would select a guy in the first round at #9 no less just to return kicks and punts. Call me crazy. That was suppose to be part of his duties but he was suppose to move into a #1WR role. If Cam really drafted a guy in the #9 position of a draft for the sole purpose of having a good KR/PR then he just moved into the second dumbest coach our franchise has had since the Great Shula retired, he was third in my list.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 02, 2009 06:07PM

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: November 02, 2009 06:57PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 03, 2009 05:13AM

Posted by: estrella69phinfan ()
Date: November 03, 2009 05:25AM

Ted Ginn will be just fine. You all need to give him a break.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 03, 2009 06:06AM

Hey MikeOwned, isn't it annoying when people put words in your mouth?

Maybe a dose of you own medicine will help shut you up.

Date: November 03, 2009 08:16AM

Date: November 03, 2009 09:15AM

RW13 Wrote:
> Because every player makes mistakes Bess has sure
> hands and good route running we don't have 3yrs of
> bs from him and he was not drafted in the first
> round. I am going to assume you guys now defending
> Ginn are much too smart to have this explained to
> you.
>
> ranger1, I was refering to this comment. It sounds
> like you are being a smart ass. Bess has done very
> little and has nearly cost us some games. I don't
> hear anyone complaing about him. Ginn has played 2
> years not 3! He is still working on his 3rd and he
> deserves the chance to get better. Remember, he
> did not start playing WR until college. He also
> played his first year for one of the worst teams
> in history. He didn't learn a whole lot that first
> season. His route running has gotten better, but
> he sucks at judging the ball. I hope he gets
> better, but at this point it's not looking good.

I do hope that the guys singing the Ginn praises are smart. Three yrs is plenty of time for a player to develope. The good ones are just good the below average need a million excuses as to why certain things happened. Bess has almost cost us a game Ginn has cost us two. I'm glad he had a great game and thank god he was there on Sunday but let's keep things in prespective.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2009 10:29AM

Mikeo were you comparing A@O to the stunner????

Come on now................

1. A@O is clearly a dolphins fanatic.

2. the stunner was nothing but an IMBECILE without a life who came here just to cause trouble. He was not a dolphins fan..He was the opposite of A$O.

Date: November 03, 2009 11:11AM

yeah thanks for proving my point. I said I interviewed for a Dolphins job and I did. But you made it out to be me interviewing for a front office job. It was for MiamiDolphins.com, I stated as such numerous times on this site. Sorry if ya missed it.

winking smiley

Date: November 03, 2009 11:14AM

estrella69phinfan Wrote:
> Ted Ginn will be just fine. You all need to give
> him a break.

100% agree!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 03, 2009 11:20AM

Ginn was drafted to be a special teams star and to give us big play ability. Don't forget however that he was drafted by different coaches who were looking for different types of players. I think Cam, if he had stuck as our coach, would have added three or four more players with a skill similar to Ginn as WR's. Speed is what he was after, and IMHO, would have used to overwhelm opposing teams. This while being able to pound you with the power of Brown and Cobbs. (Williams whould have been a question mark as he might not have come back without Parcells being here.)

There is no reliable defense for speed on offense if you have enough of it from enough players.

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: November 03, 2009 11:50AM

I feel that I need add another point here to ginns development. Ginn gotto start his 1st year of devlopment first with Trent Green then went to Cleo Lemon and ended up with beck 3 qb's in 1 year. The next year we brought in Pennington and drafted Henne Ginn was able to work 1 full year with Pennington who was unable to work with Ginns talents because Pennington did not have the deep ball. Then Pennington goes down this year and yet again Ginn has a new QB Henne to adjust to learning rout timing. now put yourself in this position no consistent development going through 4 QB's in less than 3 years with each QB having a different skillset while also not having a veteran WR to coach him. So in essence Ginn has been put in a tough position to develop into a legit #1. If ginn had Henne almost 3 years ago they would have built up that chemestry and he would prob be a #1 at this point. I think that he will develop more as the season so by next year we should really know what type of reciever he will be will he be a #1 next year or a bust. I say he becomes our # 1 over the next year or so.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 03, 2009 01:16PM

I agree that his first year was a mess and will add that he probably had to actually 'un-learn' a ton of junk from then. And, I'd love for him to be a true #1 for us.

However, he had Pennington and Henne for two offseasons and all of last season was Pennington - one of the most accurate QBs ever, and Henne has demonstrated that he can put it in catchable position with relative consistency.

Ginn has to overcome some stuff that has very little to do with who's throwing the ball before he can even dream of being a legitimate #1. He has to get stickier hands...has to lose the fear...has to run crisper routes and be able to get open almost no matter what...

76, I'd love to be wrong on this :-)

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: November 03, 2009 06:15PM

ranger1, this is a team game and while Ginn helped us win on sunday, he only helped us loose the other games you are referring too. He did not loose the games himself. In fact, if the defense would have showed up for just 5 minutes of the Colts game we would have won. We did not loose the Saints game because of Ginn! We should have been up 24-3, with 1st and 10 at our own 20 in the 3rd quater, but the refs didn't get the calls right. We gave up way to many plays on defense and the offense was on and off. Ginns one miss that turned into a TD, did not cost us the game. heck, he actually made up for it by knocking the ball out! He has along way to go before he is a top knotch WR in this league and he may never become one. But, you just don't throw a WR with Ginns speed and lack of experience under the bus in the middle of his 3rd year. That's why some of the smartest coaches on our team still believe in him. If he doesn't continue to improve, then Im sure they will let him go.

Date: November 04, 2009 06:19AM

RW, nice post. Ranger is my boy, but that is exactly right, RW. thumbs up

---------------------

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: November 04, 2009 09:09PM

The problem is and always has been Ginn was drafted largely for his kickoff return skills... and until now hasn't shown them often in games. (Especially on punts.)

The front office had been too blinded by his speed, his draft position, and with no other options that they continued to try to force him into becoming a #1 wide receiver when he has never shown ANYthing to make you think he has those skills.

He should take every kickoff of every game... and if he returns a few for TDs, great... but that doesn't ever mean he will be a great WR. He's a good deep threat and decoy to keep defenses honest, but he still has to hold on to them and get open now and then to make it work. He'll probably get a few chances here and there... so I hope he makes the most of them.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 05, 2009 05:21AM

grooves12 Wrote:
> The problem is and always has been Ginn was
> drafted largely for his kickoff return skills...
> and until now hasn't shown them often in games.
> (Especially on punts.)
>

He has shown the skills on returns in the past.....several of them were called back on penalties. He showed the skills, it just didn't count.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.