HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Coaching
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Coaching
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:09PM

When we were behind by six points nearing the 2 minute warning, before that "illegal forward pass" call (which in no other game in which the refs hadn't blown that first call would have been called), I was screaming at the TV screen........................................... slow down, SLOW DOWN, why pass? Don't leave any time on the clock for NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But FOR SOME STUPID REASON, our coaches were fostering a HURRY UP! Mentality.

Now if this were the DAN MARINO Dolphins of the 1980's, I would understand. We don't have a running game!

However, with one of the best running games in the business, here we were passing when we were near midfield.

This was INSANE!

The coaches fostered a mentality and an atmosphere that led Camarillo to throw the ball out of bounds to save a CLOCK BUT WHAT THE F_CK FOR??????????????????????????????????????????????

GODDAM_IT, YOU COACHES! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Suppose you do score with 1:07 seconds left on the clock. Did it EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT ALL THAT NEW ORLEANS WOULD HAVE NEEDED TO BEAT US WAS ONE LOUSY FIELDGOAL?

DAMN, WE GOT TO BEAT THE OTHER TEAMS AND WORK AROUND OUR OWN DUMB COACHES.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coaching
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:18PM

Date: October 25, 2009 03:25PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So its the coaches fault that Camarillo had a
> brain cramp?
>
> If he just dives forward after the catch we are at
> the 2 min warning just past midfield with 2 or 3
> timeouts.
>
> That's a perfect set up to eat the clock and
> score.
>
> I really don't see how that is the staff's fault.

RESPONSE: EXACTLY!!! PhinsFans2! WHY did Camarillo THINK THAT HE HAD TO TRY SO DESPERATELY TO STOP THE CLOCK! THE COACHES TOLD HIM!

THERE WAS NO FRIGGIN REASON TO HURRY UP! WE HAD THE BALL AT MID-FIELD WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT TO GO IN THE GAME!

Date: October 25, 2009 04:06PM

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:13PM

Are you actually questioning our Coaching staff! Wow! Thats all I can say. Maybe Wanny or good old Satan are interested in a coaching job. Lmao! Wow. We are headed in the right direction 100% with the people we have running this team. We lost to possibly the number one team this year who just happens to be undefeated so far! And barely lost at that! Omg!!!! Nick Wanny where are you! Please save us!

I hate a loss just as much as the next Phins Fan but come on! Dont you see any good? Any improvement? I wouldn't want anyone else on this coaching staff! We are headed in the right direction!

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:22PM

For the record, I don't think Camarillo threw the ball out of bounds. I think he was reaching out for the sideline and began to fumble the ball. Upon fumbling it, he seemed to give it some help going out.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:25PM

Nah, he definately threw it. It was blatantly obvious.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 25, 2009 04:26PM

Date: October 25, 2009 04:43PM

Phinsfan2 wrote:

ChyrenB contends that going 33 yards in nearly a minute and a half was too fast a pace set by the staff and that pace forced Camarillio into making that mistake. I think that is a reach.

RESPONSE:

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL PLAY BY PLAY STARTING WITH US BEING 6 POINTS BEHIND.

6-T.Morstead kicks 74 yards from NO 30 to MIA -4. 19-T.Ginn, Touchback.
1-10-MIA 20 (3:23) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 34-R.Williams to MIA 27 for 7 yards (51-J.Vilma).

2-3-MIA 27 (3:01) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short left to 19-T.Ginn.

3-3-MIA 27 (2:55) 7-C.Henne pass deep middle to 83-G.Camarillo to MIA 44 for 17 yards (22-T.Porter).

1-10-MIA 44 (2:26) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 83-G.Camarillo to NO 49 for 7 yards (20-R.Gay). PENALTY on MIA-83-G.Camarillo, Illegal Forward Pass, 5 yards, enforced at NO 49.

RESPONSE (CONT.) So actually, from 3:23 to 2:55 we consumed only 28 seconds.

The real big gap appears to be 29 seconds from the 2:55 point to the point where Camarillo threw the illegal pass.

But that time was not in running a play.

BUT NOTICE SOMETHING, Phinsfans2, if you look at the plays you will see , play no. 1= PASS, play no. 2= PASS, play no. 3= PASS, and play no. 4 (where Camarillo got the penalty) = PASS.

Notice a pattern??????????????????????????????????????????????

I'd say that Camarillo got the impression that we were in "hurry up mode."

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Date: October 25, 2009 04:45PM

finman34 Wrote:
> Are you actually questioning our Coaching staff!
> Wow! Thats all I can say. Maybe Wanny or good old
> Satan are interested in a coaching job. Lmao! Wow.
> We are headed in the right direction 100% with the
> people we have running this team. We lost to
> possibly the number one team this year who just
> happens to be undefeated so far! And barely lost
> at that! Omg!!!! Nick Wanny where are you! Please
> save us!
>
> I hate a loss just as much as the next Phins Fan
> but come on! Dont you see any good? Any
> improvement? I wouldn't want anyone else on this
> coaching staff! We are headed in the right
> direction!

RESPONSE: How does it LOGICALLY follow that if I believe that the present coaches are buffoons that this must necessarily mean that I did NOT believe the same of past coaches are that I am somehow saying that they are worst than those past coaches?

Date: October 25, 2009 04:53PM

So who would you want coaching us Chyren? I'm curious who you think would do better for us?

Date: October 25, 2009 04:56PM

Anybody who doesn't try a hurry up pass offense when behind by 6 points in the fourth quarter with 3:23 to go and the BEST RUNNING GAME IN FOOTBALL!!!!!

Date: October 25, 2009 04:58PM

Lmao!

Date: October 25, 2009 05:07PM

Date: October 25, 2009 05:15PM

Nicely said Phinsfan2! Sounds much better than letting our current coaching staff who has made the Phins who they are today In just year 2, go to the wolves! Me personally, I wouldn't want any other coaching staff!
1 and 15 the year before last and where we are now? I cant wait for the next few games after the way we played the Saints today! We are growing as a team and getting much better!

Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: October 25, 2009 05:43PM

I can only say it so many times. The coaching staff was in a hurry up mode.

Can I prove that this was said in the huddle?

No.

Can you prove that it wasn't? No.

So you have to look at external things. You look at the fact that there were four straight passes before Camarillo's penalty.

Moreover, as I explained in another thread, there is no such penalty for throwing an illegal forward pass in that situation.

The call is that a fumble is not allowed to be advanced forward.

The ball is brought back and the referee signals to run the clock.

Oh yeah, Camarillo has done NOTHING FOR US in his lifetime.

Have you forgot your history?

2007 vs. Baltimore Ravens Cleo Lemon to Greg Camarillo?

For Godsakes if it hadn't been for Camarillo, we would hold BOTH records, undefeated and never won a game.

Date: October 25, 2009 05:49PM

Who would you rather have coaching the team Chyren? This post was not origanally about Greg C. I'm upset about the loss as much as any Fins Fan but lets not get carried away about our coaching staff! They have worked miracles for us in the one year and six games since one and fifteen season. We are on the rise and soon will be admired by all fans of every team!

Go phins!!!

Date: October 25, 2009 05:59PM

Date: October 25, 2009 06:57PM

I guess it was your quote "blame them for running a guy out there that couldn't handle the pressure of the situation."

Date: October 25, 2009 07:17PM

Date: October 25, 2009 07:57PM

Alright, PhinsFan2. Give me your explanation as to why someone like Camarillo would suddenly be hit with absolute Moon madness and feel that he had to stop the clock?

Now, just don't go with he's stupid and just think about it.

There were three straight passes in which receivers were heading for the sidelines (one incomplete).

No runs.

There was not a single running play.

Do you even ADMIT THE POSSIBILITY that the team was focused on a hurry up offense?

Date: October 26, 2009 07:02AM

Date: October 26, 2009 08:53AM

We are never going to agree on this.

You are being illogical.

On one hand, you admit that the staff was running a hurry up offense and on the other hand, you blame him for making the decision to try to KILL THE CLOCK.

Conveniently, in your mind, you refuse to even admit the possibility that the coaches told all the receivers "try your best to get out of bounds" and Greg thought that, with that dictate in mind, he would try the old Raiders "Holy Roller" play.

You keep saying "brain cramp."

The only brain cramp was on the coaching sidelines.

Besides, why in the hell are we in a "hurry up?" Now I mean seriously WHY?

Now before the wolves come down from the hill, I saw nothing wrong PER SE about passing the ball.

BUT PASSING THE BALL AND A HURRY UP OFFENSE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE SAME THING.

By admitting that the team was in a hurry up offense, you really make my point but you just can't see it.

Sparano's an idiot. I have always thought so. He even looks like an idiot.

I'm not in Miami but other forum members who are, can you give me some type of read on what the explanations there are in the newspapers about why Camarillo did that. I don't trust Phinsfan2 to do so.

For some reason, he is too invested in his point which is self-contradictory.

Funny enough, he ATTACKS the timeout which I think is actually defensible.

When they set up for the field goal I said to myself, "I don't believe that for a second! It's a trick play. They are going to snap the ball and go for the touchdown! We better call timeout." And that was BEFORE our coaches called timeout.

Date: October 26, 2009 09:00AM

Okay, I got this from the Miami Herald.

STRANGE PENALTY

The ghost of The Holy Roller visited Sunday as the Dolphins tried to drive to a winning score, down 40-34 with 2:26 left and a first down on their 44-yard line.

Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo caught Chad Henne's short pass, yet couldn't get to the sideline before being tackled by cornerback Randall Gay. Camarillo appeared to fumble the ball out of bounds into the Dolphins' bench. But he was flagged for an illegal forward pass.

``I was thinking, `Get out of bounds,' '' Camarillo said. ``Any time you do the two-minute drill, your thought is to get out of bounds.''

RESPONSE: Again, I ask, why the hell were we in a hurry up offense? THE BEST WE COULD DO WOULD BE A ONE-POINT LEAD WHICH A FIELD GOAL COULD OVERCOME!

It's the coaches fault!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 09:04AM

As far as I know, this is Sparano's first gig as a head coach and it shows. As Realist pointed out, the team came out in the second half without the intensity that they displayed in the first half. It was as if the coaching staff decided to coast on their big lead. The Saints made their adjustments and caught Sparano and company completely by surprise. That's how I saw it but, I could be wrong.
I expect the team to finish the season strong improving in every game.

Date: October 26, 2009 10:19AM

Date: October 26, 2009 10:42AM

Date: October 26, 2009 10:56AM

Date: October 26, 2009 03:19PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Even Sparano thinks he screwed up:
>
> Given some time to think, he reacted Monday how
> you'd expect a guy who speaks directly to react.
>
> "I want my players to do this; I need to do it
> myself," Sparano said. "I have to take ownership
> of the situation that happened at the end of the
> half. I always have the power of trump and I did
> not do that. Should have lived with what was out
> on the field in that situation. So that was a poor
> decision on my part."

RESPONSE: PhinsFan2, you have GOT TO LEARN the English language. Sparano was taking responsibility for the BAD EFFECT of the call. That's what "taking ownership" means.

Knowing what happened would we call the timeout?

Duhhhhhh! If we could go back in time, we would all say, "Don't call timeout and watch for the fake." Unfortunately, you are not afforded that luxury.

However, aren't we the same team that went for a fake punt this year (I may be mixing it up with the Boilermakers) but I'm almost sure.

Nonetheless, all your posting proves is that Sparano took responsibility. I never heard him say it was a good or bad strategical move AHEAD OF TIME, all I heard him acknowledge was that by taking that option, we suffered the worst result.

The reason I am willing to cut some slack on that call is that there is no real explicable reason that we would call timeout EXCEPT TO PREPARE THE PLAYERS FOR THE FAKE.

If there was another reason, like when the Purdue coach called the timeout when Notre Dame was about to spike it on third down at the Purdue 5, I would be ALL OVER SPARANO because there would have been an obvious STUPID reason for him doing it (For the Purdue coach it was to preserve time on the clock in case ND scored a touchdown with the idiocy being that we gave them another down to score that touchdown.)

Here, Sparano's idiocy was that "Hell, we gotta RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH (and I don't mean running the ball either) so we can score as quickly as possible."

I'll next reply to your second post.

Date: October 26, 2009 03:33PM

> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Okay, I got this from the Miami Herald.
Dolphins wide receiver Greg Camarillo caught
> Chad
> > Henne's short pass, yet couldn't get to the
> > sideline before being tackled by cornerback
> > Randall Gay. Camarillo appeared to fumble the
> ball
Phinsfan2 Wrote:

> ???? "Apparently a fumble???" That's a little
> generous, no?.
>
> Even you said last night in another thread "Oh, I
> believe it was an INTENTIONAL fumble..."
>
> Using a writer that disagrees with your premise to
> support your opinion?? Nice....
> thumbs up

RESPONSE: Don't lose your grip on sanity, PhinsFan2. Do you think it's some kind of conspiracy between myself and the Miami Herald.

Yes, I think it was an intentional fumble but OUR ARGUMENT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER IT WAS INTENTIONAL OR NOT but whether it was a "brain fart" that caused Camarillo to do it or whether the coaches fostered the atmosphere wherein he felt it necessary to take that kind of a chance to stop a clock that didn't need stopping.

PhinsFan2 said:

> besides...Where did Camarillo say that "coach told
> us to get out of bounds at all costs"???? Ow
> wait...he didn't.

RESPONSE: Nor did I quote it to prove that. I quoted it to prove that the coaches had the team in AN UNNECESSARY hurry up mode.

Phinsfan2 said:
> He said "any time you do the 2 minute drill (not
> hurry up..oh the irony) your thought is to get out
> of bounds"
>
> "Your thought..." MEANING 'HIS THOUGHT'.

RESPONSE: Phinsfan2, even six grade English grammar students know about the use of the impersonal form of "you." (Look it up.) It means that "anytime one does the 2 minute drill, one's thought is to get out of bounds." No Greg Camarillo was not saying "Anytime I do the 2 minute drill MY thought is to get out of bounds."

With respect to your general point, yeyy ahhh, to most people on planet earth, a two minute drill is a hurry up drill. I don't know about your planet.

Phinsfan2 wrote:
> Once again, Camarillo messed up. It happens.
> Not everyone can perform like a Hall of Famer
> under pressure. That's what makes them Hall of
> Famers.

RESPONSE: Dude, it's the coaches fault. I don't think that penalty should have been called because I have rarely seen it called except in a desperate situation wherein like Cal v. Stanford or the Raider Holy Roller-TYPE play.....but the reality of the situation is that if this had happened in corporate America, the management would have been fired for putting the team in your "Hurry UP ....excuse me 2 minute drill with 3:23 seconds left in the game and behind by 6 points.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.