HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wow dolphans take a chill pill
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wow dolphans take a chill pill
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:48PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wow dolphans take a chill pill
Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:52PM

there is no better indicator of future expectations than that of past performance...

finger on the panic button..

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:08PM

I am chill! However a wise man once told me "if you do the same thang you did you will get the same thang you got". If you keep losing because of the exact same things every week (not defending TE, dropping easy catches and penalties) we will continue to lose. I believe we are a great team and every week just 2-3 bonehead plays from a win. We need to get it right this week. We are running out of time to correct the problems. GO PHINS KICK THE JETS BUTTS

Date: October 26, 2009 01:15PM

Fascue2 wrote:
there is no better indicator of future expectations than that of past performance...

----------------------

OK, Giants are the second best team in the NFC and would you say that we had a better shot at beating the saints? Damn right we did, so what does that say? We played lights out that first half and the saints needed that bess fumble to get back in the game. We were up 24-3 and driving at the 50 yard line. If we go down and score 31-3 mark my words that game would have been over... And there only 3 points was off of an 85 yard kick return. Brees stats after the first 29 minutes of the game was 4-12 (22 yards) and 2 ints!

First half past performance (we would have spanked any team in the league!)

Second half past performance (we would have lost to any passing team)

You cant just pick and chose which half makes your point... If we beat the jets watch how people perspective start to change. And if we beat the pats wow we love the fish... Come on, people need to make up there mind and stick to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 01:17PM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: joenhre ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:21PM

You can't continuously blow winnable games while starting out the season with records such as 2-4 hoping to recover and go 11-5.Especially when you're a a division with a team such as the Patriots.

This team had the Colts beat, holding the ball for over 45 minutes only to hand the game away. This team had the Saints beat, with a 21 point lead and having what was supposed to be the best rushing attack in the league. Only to blow the game in the end.Not to mention both of those games were at home, and this team can ill afford to lose home games.

Good teams do not blow games like this, good teams put their opponents away when they have the chance. I don't care who you're playing.

Date: October 26, 2009 01:35PM

look man we are what we are. It is no secret to a REAL dolphin fan that WE CANNOT DEFEND THE PASS!!! this has been a problem last year when we got blown out by the cardnals 31-10 the pats when they got their passing game together put up 48 and all season we gave up first downs on 3 and 15+. SO the fact that we were in position to win against the elite passing teams is a huge sign of progress and lets me know we are moving in the right direction. Did you expect us to have a chance at beating the colts or saints prior to the game? I didnt. And if you did (I dont know how) then I can see your beef.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:37PM

EGGGGGZACTLY!!!

Thats why we drafted 2 CB's within the first two rounds of the draft. But what people need to realize is....THEY ARE JUST ROOKIES! We will not be that great at defending the pass until they are somewhat fully developed and on top of that it seems that dont get any help from the safeties.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:50PM

We also need a more consistent pass rush. We got a lot of pressure in the first half. In the second half, we didn't get to Brees at all. I know that 3-4 ends are more run stuffers, but it would be nice if Langford and Merling could develop into guys who can get about 8 sacks per season.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:15PM

losing a non-conference game means nothing....lol

Yeah, good one. So why didn't we just rest everyone yesterday since the outcome was meaningless. Please.

Date: October 26, 2009 02:46PM

If the Giants played as poorly as Miami did in the second half, then yes, they would have at a minimum made the game very close or lost as well like the Phins did. The refs didn't do them any favors but miami definitely imploded when it counted.

So to reiterate, Miami has imploded on countless occasions, and this is because the mentality is that of a loser. Their confidence is shaken and they see things happening around them and subconciously they perform similarly in those scenarios.

Last year, when they won a few games in a row, their confidence showed in how they played and put that winning streak together. When's the last time you saw miami put a 9 game winning streak together?? I'll venture to guess that most of you were in underoos when it happened.

Good teams take adversity and play through it. Miami is still learning how to win and don't have a winning mentality yet.

Has anyone on here competed at a professional level at any sport that can attest to that mentality?

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fascue2 wrote:
> there is no better indicator of future
> expectations than that of past performance...
>
> ----------------------
>
> OK, Giants are the second best team in the NFC and
> would you say that we had a better shot at beating
> the saints? Damn right we did, so what does that
> say? We played lights out that first half and the
> saints needed that bess fumble to get back in the
> game. We were up 24-3 and driving at the 50 yard
> line. If we go down and score 31-3 mark my words
> that game would have been over... And there only 3
> points was off of an 85 yard kick return. Brees
> stats after the first 29 minutes of the game was
> 4-12 (22 yards) and 2 ints!
>
> First half past performance (we would have spanked
> any team in the league!)
>
> Second half past performance (we would have lost
> to any passing team)
>
> You cant just pick and chose which half makes your
> point... If we beat the jets watch how people
> perspective start to change. And if we beat the
> pats wow we love the fish... Come on, people need
> to make up there mind and stick to it.

Date: October 26, 2009 03:00PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> losing a non-conference game means nothing....lol
>
> Yeah, good one. So why didn't we just rest
> everyone yesterday since the outcome was
> meaningless. Please.

Please dont misunderstand me, obviously you dont want to lose but there is an order of loses. Since you are clearly unaware please allow the reppa to educate you

1. Divisional loses are the worst (count as 1.5)
2. Conference loses are the second worst (can effect seeding)
3. Non conference loses are last since they only count as loses and only matter in case of tie breakers

ergo if you are going to lose a game it is the non conference on the you want to lose... so now that you are educated you can follow me in understanding that these next two are the pivitol games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 03:02PM by Miami Reppa.

Date: October 26, 2009 03:21PM

Date: October 26, 2009 03:35PM

fahcue is very funny......he should actaully read what he writes. I actually just had to laugh on the last post I read by him. I was speechless, just had to laugh.

---------------------

Date: October 26, 2009 04:20PM

every game is pivotol in the NFL

Date: October 26, 2009 04:51PM

you did?? where'd you play?? what position?? what's your name?? Even though I fight professionally, it's still a team game. I go in the ring and fight by myself, but I have a team that gets me prepared and helps me every step of the way.. and if I or one of them falters, we lose.

Aqua... aren't you in the military?? Would you trust someone of Ginn's fortitude on the line with you?? Would you want to count on him if your life was at stake??

It's an extreme example, but the same nonetheless. He cannot be counted on when it matters and isn't just being beat by better players, he himself is faultering because he is not that good and does not have the mentality to win when it counts.

You two yahoos can sit on here and try and "laugh" at my posts, but you both know it's true and that's why you can do nothing but laugh or poke fun. Usually people who tried to pick on others did it because deep inside, they have no self esteem and poor self image and the only way they can feel vindicated is to try and impose their will.

Fortunately it doesn't work with me. So far it appears that none of you have any idea of a winning mentality or the basics of sports psychology. Clearly your arguements hold little water.

eagerly anticipating your wildly enthralling responses.

Date: October 26, 2009 04:56PM

Dude, you have officially fallen off the deep end. eye popping smiley

---------------------

Date: October 26, 2009 05:12PM

did you just try to equate Ted Ginn droppingn balls to him not being able to serve in our military???

WOW!! And I thought I had seen it all

Date: October 26, 2009 05:42PM

yes thats clearly what I did.. man.. U guys and ur parallels floor me.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 26, 2009 07:03PM

KILL TEDD GINN....that is my answer....POS!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:15AM

"Aqua... aren't you in the military?? Would you trust someone of Ginn's fortitude on the line with you?? Would you want to count on him if your life was at stake??"

Aqua is in the airforce. What front lines?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 27, 2009 12:19PM

I think the reason I'm 'crying' is that for about 2 hours I thought we would win the game. We should have won the game. I'd rather lose to NO than to any AFC team, but every single win counts. You can't win your division without having the best record (or at least tying for best record in the division).

BUT - you are correct in the sense that this season is far from over. If we beat NY, then we are 3-4 (3-0 in the division) and they are 4-4 (1-3 in the division).

If we beat NE, then we move to 4-4 (4-0 in the division) and they are 5-3 (1-2 in the division) heading to Indy for their next game.

We need to make hay in the next month. Two big games against division rivals that could move us to 4-0 in the division and a game out of first place. Then, a string of Tampa, Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Tennessee interrupted by a visit by NE. NE has many of the same opponents, obviously, but the biggest difference is that we have already played Indy and NO. The Jets end with Atlanta, Indy and Cincy.

Whatever, I know it's too early to look that far down the path. But, I do know that if we find ourselves at 2-6 after the next two weeks, it's going to be hard for Sparano to get anyone to believe that the playoffs are a remote possibility.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:27PM

Remember one of the lessons the great oricle Shula taught us: don't get too high with the wins and don't get too low with the losses.

BP; TS and the other guy are still in the process of molding this team.

A game is 60 minutes long. We showed that we could not keep a good (great?) team down for 60 minutes. It broke my heart, but the team is growing.

We still could make it very interesting this year.

Any news on BP staying around after this year?

Pat White...I wonder if he will add anything significant on the field this year.

I think the Ginn family has seen it's last season opening day in Miami - as a member of the home team at least.

The defense will be the big focus in the draft next year. No WR in the first 6 rounds.

Date: October 27, 2009 01:53PM

Hey Ranger How bout that Patriot detail we just had for one of your Army soldiers who we flew back home. No, Im not on the front lines. But the aircraft I fixed and got ready for the loved ones to see their dead son/father/brother sure is a pretty good equal.

---------------------

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:59PM

LOL easy there killer It was a joke.

Date: October 27, 2009 02:01PM

I know friend...thumbs up

---------------------

Date: October 27, 2009 02:02PM

LOL! Im used to it Ranger, Im in th Chair Force, Uh, I mean Air Force! HAHA!

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.