HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ginn is done
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ginn is done
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 06, 2009 02:26PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As for Ginn, he is a fine #2 WR. He was drafted
> as a #1, but that's not HIS fault. He has a place
> on this team, we just need a #1 WR to complement
> him. I think then we will see just how valuable he
> is.

I'm not so sure. I'd like to see him make some effort to get the ball when it's not perfectly thrown. If we had a legit #1, I think Camarillo or Bess would actually be more productive opposite him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:03PM

dolphan4545, yeah i guess the name ages me doesnt it?? im 44 and have loved the phins since i was so young i couldnt even pronounce miami they were the me a me phins lol. fiedler was good but choked when it counted. Hell i hate them all, will dan please come back lol. Everything IS ginns fault. The coaches dont catch it, the qb doesnt run with it, HE does. The man needs to grow a set and earn his cash. If you dont do your job what happens to you?? I have never seen a bigger wuss in my life other than ricky watters with his alligator arms over the middle. Catch the damn ball, put your head down run with it and take the hit. If he cant do that then serve the other men on the team the damn water bottle, thats all im saying. Man up and do what your mouth and bank account says you can do. now my little rant is done, next in line for the haters wrath , anythony i choke fasano.... get in gear boys

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:01AM

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: October 07, 2009 07:55AM

I'll have to look for it... but I saw some stats somewhere of targets vs. catches on the season... and of all the WR's that had a significant number of targets Ginn was BY FAR one of the worst when it came to coming down with the ball.

Average was about 60-70% ... Ginn was in the 40's.

Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:12AM

I've watched Ginn drop more than 2 passes in one game... where are those stats from??? Don't seem very accurate.

Ginn still sucks BTW

Posted by: dolphan2k ()
Date: October 08, 2009 09:06AM

He dropped 2 alone on the monday night game against INDY, the potential game winner and the almost touchdown pass in the 1st. IDK what Ginn problem is, you can see the talent but hes tentative to make plays. Idk if its because he is scared, soft, or w/e but this guy needs to wake up and realize the the dolphins have invested alot of time and money into him and he does have the skills to be a good WR. I did notice through this season and last season pre season games he looks more comfortable with Henne. Ofcourse we saw none of that last weekend. But with Rex Ryans blitz happy defense he should get some 1 on 1 coverage and maybe Henne can get him the ball quick and get some receptions. IDK lets see, i really hope Ginn is not a complete bust, for god sake we drafted him and his family!

Date: October 08, 2009 09:30AM

> I've watched Ginn drop more than 2 passes in one game... where are those stats from??? Don't seem very accurate.

Don't know how they slice it as a drop vs defensed, or missed throw or what ever else it could be, but more than one stats page has it the same.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 09, 2009 03:58AM

I have wondered for years about the dropped stat definition. Does anyone know an official definition for it?

Unfortunately there is a lot of subjectivity in stats as well as an easily missed and often hidden broader context. For example, INTs from bobbled balls hit a QBs stats just as poorly thrown balls limit WRs stats. Sometimes a bad route can make a QB look like he made a worse decision than he actually made and it can be very hard to tell from the TV.

I don't think Ginn is done, but a trade may not be a bad idea. Actually if ginn were truly done we wouldn't get much in a trade for him. He has had some good moments the last few seasons in a tough situation, but he doesn't seem to have the abilities of a number 1 receiver. Maybe he will prove himself this year. It looks like he will get the chance as he still is starting.

Date: October 09, 2009 05:14AM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 11, 2009 07:49AM

Ginn is not done, but he's way underperformed. He didn't fit our scheme/qb style at all. Now that Henne is in there maybe he will be a little bit better fit. If not, then definitely trade him.

Someone put up stats comparing bess and ginn...and think about it, they were similar and yet bess was undrafted. Ginn was a first round pick.

This is the year to make a decision on Ginn, so we'll see. I'd like to see him do well, and personally what I think is that he will continue to improve, but not enough. He's small and easily overwhelmed by defenders, he doesn't have any great moves, he's certainly not shifty or qb-friendly, and I think he's the poster boy for exactly the type of receiver who doesn't transition well from college to the nfl.

Date: October 12, 2009 05:26AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 05:57AM

Hey if devon bess got in the weightroom and got bigger why can't ginn????

Ginn can get in the weight room and gain some weight. He can even afford to lose some speed and still be faster than most dbs in this league.......

Date: October 12, 2009 07:14AM

Mark Duper Ht 5-9 Wt 187, 40 Yd dash - 4.28
Wes welker Ht 5-9 Wt 185, 40 Yd dash - 4.55
Ted Ginn Ht 6-0 Wt 180, 40 Yd dash - 4.27

He has the tools of the greats, time to bring the technique and the attitude!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 12, 2009 09:39AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark Duper Ht 5-9 Wt 187, 40 Yd dash - 4.28
> Wes welker Ht 5-9 Wt 185, 40 Yd dash - 4.55
> Ted Ginn Ht 6-0 Wt 180, 40 Yd dash - 4.27
>
> He has the tools of the greats, time to bring the
> technique and the attitude!

You DO know this means nothing. If you can't catch and are afraid to be hit, then size and speed mean nothing.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 12:24PM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.