HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Well we got the veteran we were looking for
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Well we got the veteran we were looking for
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 03:58PM

Thigpen may give Henne a run for his money if he doesn't perform. he is a decent mobile QB. We need a big game WR!

Didn't fit in the new coaches game plan after he went for Cassell

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 29, 2009 04:44PM

Thigpen isn't a bad player...I watched a few Chiefs games when he played, he's got some promise and he can play in the NFL. Good pick up for us.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 29, 2009 04:58PM

"what i dont understand is....If cassel is so bad, the how come they let the future hall of famer fall into our lap. Heh."

Money.

Power.

Image.

In rolls Pioli and Haley, who want to do it all their way. Pioli brings Cassel with him, invested a ****load of money in him...the odd man out was Thigpen, who I have actually heard nothing but good things about since he was drafted.

The Vikings were high on the guy. REALLY high, but got greedy and thought they could sneak him on the practice squad.

Next thing they know, he's wearing red and white...has a pretty good year despite the surrounding cast...

Then in marches the new crew into KC and...adios Thigpen.

I think we lucked out with this guy.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:09PM

Date: September 29, 2009 06:13PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:33PM

Finally I agree with Thunder on something, I kinda like Thigpen. I Think Henne is the man though. If I'm wrong and Henne fails, I'm going to retire as an NFL fan with ol'Bill as company.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 29, 2009 08:21PM

If Henne struggles, which i predict, Thigpen is going to start a game or two, hell Pat White will prob start a game or two, which i would do anyway, to see how they play a full game. Hell play/start Henne 5 games, White, 4 games, and Thigpen 4 games. That way we know where we would stand next year for the draft.

Date: September 29, 2009 08:22PM

And Monti anything under 6'2 is considered short for a QB these days.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 30, 2009 02:33AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Monti anything under 6'2 is considered short
> for a QB these days.

I suppose so, but Drew Brees is 6'0" and some people on this board were saying he's the best QB in the NFL.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 30, 2009 02:39AM

Doug Flute was a QB midget by NFL standards. He was somewhat effective due to his ability to pass on the run. Harder to do these days with faster defenses.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 30, 2009 03:03AM

Phinsfan2 has it right. Thigpen wasn't brought here for anything other than to be a serviceable backup. i agree with the K.C. love-fest for Cassell, Pioli campaigned for him, and got his guy. Like you said, he's married to him for better or worse.

There was no way the F.O. would insert White as their #2. This isn't a knock against White, but this will be the year Henne shows why he was drafted in the 2nd round. I predict (and hope) Henne plays the next 13 games, surprises many of us, and adds a new skill set to our passing attack, notable the long ball (Ginn) and ball speed (i loved seeing Henne fire in those 10-15 yd bullets)...

This is the make or break year for Ginn, and if we continue seeing the ball landing 2-3 yards beyond his outstretched arm, that's it for him. this may sound crazy, but i think elite wr's make those catches, through extra effort or go ahead and dive for the freakin' ball. im warming up to the idea that we draft a wr HIGH next year, because its obvious we dont have that #1 player on our team right now. no one is afraid of our wr corps, and its showing.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 30, 2009 03:11AM

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 30, 2009 05:39AM

Phinjim, I was being somewhat sarcastic at the title but not entirely he is a veteran when you consider our QB roster. I am a wait and see kind of guy before I pass judgement. Thigpen won't play Henne will but if Henne goes down they need Thigpen to play. No one was going to put in White this year no matter what. I can't say I blame them.

I keep saying over and over our biggest gaping need on offense is our WR situation. After 3yrs Ginn is not our guy and for who ever said it earlier...........yes good wr make those catches.

Date: September 30, 2009 06:06AM

Thigpen is the man!! lol RUN HIM FOR PRESIDENT!!eye popping smiley

Date: September 30, 2009 07:07AM

Date: September 30, 2009 07:10AM

Why not, how many games do you need, fine give em 6, we got two guys that got potential,if Henne struggles, let them start a couple, Henne has been in this system long enough that he will either sink, or swim. I mean i think we can all agree that this offense is not complicated, and i run fist orientated, and should be QB friendly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 07:21AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 30, 2009 07:35AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Henne has been in this system long enough that he will either
> sink, or swim.

-That is exactly why we should give him extended time (to see if he can handle the load) and exactly why we should not put Pat White in the starting role.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 30, 2009 07:49AM

Drew Brees is 6'0.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 30, 2009 07:56AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 30, 2009 07:56AM

You give him all of the available games. A handfull of games is not enough and six would be just that, a handfull. ALL we should be looking for is improvement in each game...IMPROVEMENT however, does in no way mean that we have to win those games. If Henne goes for multiple games while showing no improvement or regresses badly then we give another player a shot...but ONLY if Henne does not get any better or if he gets worse.

Date: September 30, 2009 08:02AM

Date: September 30, 2009 12:32PM

Just because we dont execute it properly, doesnt mean it isnt QB friendly. It's set up to be a long possession, least amount of turnover offense, which i feel has some horrible designs, but is QB friendly. Cant help it if Ginn sucks, but Camarillo, Bess, and Hartline catch most of the balls thrown to them, so does Haynos, and Fasano, sure Fasano Fumbled twice in one game, but he has also played like a beast. Like i said, it is set up to help he QB, just we dont execute it worth a d.m,.. You feel he needs 13 games, thats cool, i feel he only needs around 5 or 6 to see if he is going to be the man. You either got it or you dont, 6, 13, 24, i mean look at Jamarcus Russel, Vince Young, Sage Rosenfelts, how many games did they start untill people realized they just wont produce on an high level? I see Henne alot like Russel, who has a cannon, doesnt get flustered, but makes horrible decisions, and he has been doing that in Oak, since he has been drafted. Maybe im wrong, but to me when i watch them play, yes they have a sweet looking pass, but when it get's return for a td by the defense, then it dissheartens me.

Date: September 30, 2009 01:07PM

Date: September 30, 2009 01:09PM

Look im trying to justify him, i have bad feeling about im, which would be WONDERFULL, it where wrong, but hey like i said i am pessimistic.smiling bouncing smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.