HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JAKE LONG
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: JAKE LONG
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 14, 2009 02:01AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DolphinSam Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have never seen Penny terrorized like he was
> today.
>
> Really?
>
> I'll have to send you a copy of the Ravens playoff
> game lst year.

It appears Atlanta didn't ignore that playoff game either. Like many other QBs, Pennington's Achilles heal is his inability respond to pressure. MOST QBs break down when constantly pressured.

If we can't give CP time to throw, we're doomed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 14, 2009 02:06AM

Then we are doomed because Jake Long sucks. At least, he had "fun" sucking.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:03AM

Date: September 14, 2009 04:49AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> we simply do not have the talent,
> to run this scheme.
>
We don't have the right mix of talent to run ANY scheme.

- We can't pass long downfield because we can't get decent pass protection to give the QB and WR enough time for these plays to develop

- We can't run heavily because we can't get enough yards out of the standard set. Ricky showed some promise, but without good blocking up-front he'll break down just like he did late in the year when he played for Wanny. We don't want to encourage him to quit AGAIN!

- We can't run dink-and-dunk because we're short on talent at TE (after losing Martin), Ginn doesn't excel at this type of game, and Camarillo is still recovering from his injury. Add to that the fact that our best TE has acquired a case of the dropsies.

So, I'm not sure WHERE to go. We're not a SB-caliber team. Nowhere near, but we CAN win games on will (like we did LAST YEAR). Sparano needs to light a fire under our players, and it has to start with our O-Line. These guys need to do the pushing, rather than getting pushed around by other D-Lines. We have a good D-Line. Sparano needs to challenge our O-Line to play up to their level. If not, I say we start benching guys or moving them around. Someone suggested putting Carey back at LT. I say, try it. Make Long nervous that he'll lose his position. If Smiley isn't up to snuff, bring in Murphy. Try Berger at Center and see how they do overall. We need to do SOMETHING!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 04:51AM by montequi.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:50AM

100 PERCENT RIGHT!!!! It also wouldnt hurt to implement a 4 or 5 wr set.

Date: September 14, 2009 04:55AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> It also wouldnt hurt to
> implement a 4 or 5 wr set.

5 WRs? You'd have 2 rookies, Teddy "I won't go over the middle" Ginn, and Greg "Gimpy" Camarillo in that alignment. I'm not sure we're ready for that.

Regardless, if the O-Line can't block, we're going to end up with a lot of Ints and an injured QB before you know it!

What we need is to put our BEST players on the field. Ricky played well yesterday. Don't take him out. I say, put him in with Polite and try pounding the ball. If it doesn't work, then try something else.

Date: September 14, 2009 04:57AM

Well if you go look at Haynos, he caught a hard pass, and did a decent job blocking, im telling you Haynos is nice!!!

Date: September 14, 2009 04:58AM

Hartline played a solid game yesterday, im telling you guys, if we start Hartline, we will have a bette offense.

Date: September 14, 2009 05:00AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Hartline played a solid game yesterday, im telling
> you guys, if we start Hartline, we will have a
> bette offense.

Ok, what the heck! What about THIS lineup?:

QB: Pennington (yes, he's still the best we got)
RB: Ricky
FB: Polite
TE: Haynos
WR1: Bess
WR2: Hartline
LT: Carey
LG: Murphy
C: Berger
RG: Thomas
RT: Long

Too crazy?

Date: September 14, 2009 05:02AM

Might as well, not like it could get any worse, on offense, and i think we should sub in our backups, if they out play our starters. Isnt that Sparanos way?

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:40PM

None of it's crazy, because when you've hit the bottom of the barrel, how much lower can you go. Think about what strings our coaches had to pull to keep our old line together - the one with hadnot, etc. THIS line is full of talent, there's no excuse. Coach has to tell them to get the f*ck off the field if they can't play.

Ricky is good, never lets us down and makes plays. I like Polite. Bess is reliable. I notice you took Grove out. YEAH! Time to wake them the freak up. Sparano said the interior line had trouble communicating. Yeah, maybe all the millions are stuffed in their ears and they can't hear. As a veteran Center, you're telling me he can't block AND he can't communicate?

This isn't the special olympics.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 05:50PM

0-1....no time to panic yet.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.