HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Run left or right?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Run left or right?
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 14, 2009 01:36AM

According to gamecenter, we had some success running right, early in the game.

Left Side: Two 1/10 plays - resulted in 2 yard for both Ronnie and Ricky. One first and 10 play resulted in 4 yards for Ricky.

Right Side: Two 1/10 plays - 14 yards and 7 yards, both Ricky. A third try was for no gain, but there was only 24 seconds left in the half.

Middle: 1/10 - 3 yard gain, Ronnie. On another play he got 4 yards, but that was out of the shotgun.

I know the Dolphins would like to get more of a running game off the left side, since Jake Long is out there, and on paper you'd think you can have that versatility, but I don't think it's been very successful. I've seen this in other games too, where usually Long will block his man but the rest of the line doesn't and the runner is stopped short.

You want to blow open some holes? Here's a drastic non-idea but one I think about a lot: Switch Carey and Long. Carey played pretty well as a left tackle, he's less stiff than Long, and Long is really a glorified Right Tackle anyway.

As far as the passing, Penny did fairly well in between getting sacked and harrassed. On second downs, he got the yards needed. 2nd/10 - Ginn got 10 yards. 2nd/5 - Haynos got 21 yards. 2nd/6 - Ginn got 16 yards. One last 2nd down play Bess got 4 out of 8 yards. On 3rd/5 - Bess got 6 yards. There was only one pass attempt on first down, Ronnie no gain. Otherwise we ran the ball every time on first down and it was out of Penny's hands.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Run left or right?
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 14, 2009 05:06AM

See Haynos 21 yard catch, i liked him from last year, we need to use him and Hartline more.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 07:51AM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 14, 2009 08:17AM

We need to run Right more than Left.

We need to run Ricky more than Ronnie. IMO, Ricky is playing with a quicker burst and will get more. Also. Ronnie always plays better when he loses playing time to someone else.

Brian Hartline needs to get more PT.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 14, 2009 10:08AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See Haynos 21 yard catch, i liked him from last
> year, we need to use him and Hartline more.

smiling bouncing smiley LOL

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 14, 2009 11:49AM

You LOL now, but soon enough you will be riding on the Band wagon i started, called the HAYNOS EXPRESS.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 14, 2009 04:31PM

I agree that when things get crowded, Ricky's instincts and speed are better around the corner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.