HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins Vs.Bills tonight......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins Vs.Bills tonight......
Date: December 17, 2022 11:22AM

Last live shot it looked like a blizzard.

We have to get a running game established.I just pray for no injuries.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins Vs.Bills tonight......
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 17, 2022 01:13PM

Scoring may be a big problem for both teams with bad weather. However, the team that plays in lousy weather the most (Bills) has a big edge tonight.

The secondary needs to stay close to the receivers and the LBs need to watch for QB breaks for runs.

Good luck! Go Dolphins--play with pride and pursuit.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 17, 2022 02:37PM

Dolphins are again wearing all white unis. That's like wearing camouflage in a snowstorm as opposed to the Bells wearing all red. On a subconscious level Allen might have a hard time seeing one of our corners or safeties closing the gap on a receiver. It might just give us a bit of an edge.

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: December 17, 2022 04:02PM

I like the way we are running the ball tonight. I wasn't expecting this early success with it.

That may be the only chance we have tonight.

Come on Phins!!

Date: December 17, 2022 04:06PM

These receivers have to help Tua tonight.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 17, 2022 04:08PM

We cannot drop so many passes, including two IN THE END ZONE ON THE SAME DRIVE, then allow them to convert a 3rd and 17, and expect to win this game.

Date: December 17, 2022 04:50PM

Damn. Damn. Damn. yawning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 17, 2022 04:57PM

Listen, I don't really expect we are going to win tonight...unfortunately... BUT, The Refs can't start this BS with the questionable calls against the Phins and letting a lot go for Buffalo.

If it's going to be like that, just send the players home now. We got no one left for the secondary anyway.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 17, 2022 06:52PM

Tough loss, but proud of the effort they displayed for 60 minutes.

Date: December 17, 2022 06:56PM

They played much tougher than I expected.

Here are hopes for an 11-6 season. I think we would have all been happy with that if we knew that was a possibility before the season started.

Date: December 18, 2022 03:53AM

I'm disappointed. It could easily have been a win, up by 8 in the 4th quarter. McD definitely showed his rookie level play-calling by not chewing up the clock with a slow, methodical, time-consuming drive.
I turned the game off at the 2 minute warning because there was no doubt as to how the game was going to end.
At the very least, we were not blown out by 30 points, like the last couple of seasons.
Three games to go. We can likely sneak into the play-offs and get blown out in the first round, just like with Gase and Sparano.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 18, 2022 06:38AM

I usually prefer to get beaten by 30 points than to lose like this. Because it (sort of) forces us to make changes to right the ship.

And as I said earlier, we dropped two TD passes in the same series, settling for a field goal

But in this case at least we showed potential for greatness. That greatness is not happening this year, but if we keep showing efforts like this, we should have some momentum going into next season.

Date: December 18, 2022 08:02AM

Last year and the year before we were Buffalo's bitches. At least this year we beatem and came damn close to sweeping them . We have their attention for sure.

That play right before the half ended ......we held them , Allen was on his back.....No field goal......and somehow that MFer gets it done. He's a play maker.

That's the difference between them and us. Until we can do the same we will always be a good team that doesn't get it done when we need it the most.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 18, 2022 04:30PM

Should have eaten up time, the running game for once was working. A good sign but when we are down what 4-5 of our top DB that makes it tough. Need to sign or draft better LB. Hopefully Chubb can make more of a difference

Date: December 19, 2022 04:22AM

We will likely make the play-offs but, we really need to win the last three games to get the 5th or 6th seed to play Cincy or Baltimore on the road. If we get the 7th seed we'll be facing either KC or Barfalo on the road and the other the following week. Not looking too promising.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 19, 2022 10:38AM

I agree w/Treasure that we don't have a player at the most important position who can create magic on his own at the most critical moment when nothing else is going right. That puts us in the company of the vast majority of the league. I don't think it relegates us to good team that doesn't get it done when we need it the most, but it means we're less likely to and other players/parts of the team may need to be significant parts of why we get it done if & when we do.

Regarding Buffalo, I think we both played each other hard both games. Each of us lost a game we maybe shoulda won. I think Buffalo is a better team, so, in my opinion, we overperformed a tad overall against them this season. It sucks cuz if we had made a couple of plays that were there for us, we may have won in Buffalo...but they missed some where they would have beaten us by more.

The games ahead are all we can control in terms of the team's performance, but I look back and believe that almost all of the games we have lost, we would have won if we had brought our A game. This is a difference from years past when I truly believed that even if we brought our A game, there would be games we'd stand no real chance of winning...even if the opposition only brought their average game. And, I believe there are really only a handful of teams that - if both are bringing their A game - we'd lose more times facing them than we'd win. Buffalo happens to be among them, but the Jets, Pats & GB aren't, in my opinion. Obviously no team can bring A-game 17 + playoffs, but we can go on a streak (our whole season has been streaky).

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 19, 2022 11:53AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last year and the year before we were Buffalo's
> bitches. At least this year we beatem and came
> damn close to sweeping them . We have their
> attention for sure.
>
> That play right before the half ended ......we
> held them , Allen was on his back.....No field
> goal......and somehow that MFer gets it done. He's
> a play maker.
>
> That's the difference between them and us. Until
> we can do the same we will always be a good team
> that doesn't get it done when we need it the most.

TC, I agree, Allen is a playmaker, but our Defense allowed him to be. Our front 7 put pressure on him, he rolls out, and I'll be damned...his receiver(s) is WIDE OPEN!!! That was happening through the whole damn game. I realize much of our defensive backfield is on injured reserve, but our guys have to play their man closer than what they did. Howard is not the player of the last few years...he can't cover and it seems as tho he is afraid to tackle. It may be time to put him on the trading block (after the season, of course). Next year's draft we need to get DB help along with another DLman or LBer.

Our guys played well and should have won that game, but drops and the D folding at the end doomed the Fins. Not too sure of what will happen with the last three games. Packers still have a guy named Aaron Rodgers and the last two games are AFC East battles. As of right now, Miami has dropped to the seven seed, with SD moving up to the sixth. I'll tell ya, I am tired of any time the Fins are in a Playoff race, it is always them having to depend on other teams to get in.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all the posters here.

Date: December 19, 2022 01:04PM

Well said Cap. That play before the half almost had my kicking a hole in the TV......so frustrating to see that after we stopped him. That's just not the kind of points that's scored against better teams.

So frustrating. Because like you said most of our players are doing thier jobs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 19, 2022 03:19PM

On my first post in this thread I said in part: "the team that plays in lousy weather the most (Bills) has a big edge tonight."

That premonition sure turned out to be true.

Keeping Josh Allen under watch so that he would not break free for large running gains failed big time. His extra efforts made the difference in my opinion. On the other hand, our team is lacking that person who can make that extraordinary play when it looks the darkest. Tua can't make up the difference like Allen can. His size and previous injuries place him in jeopardy so that option is really low on the possibility list.

I've said it before that Howard is not covering very well and is "timid" when it comes to tackling. He is not the guy he was last year or the year before. Our secondary was lost. When Allen was able to run around under pressure, he seemed to always be able to find the "very" open receiver. I kept yelling,"get him, get him," referring to catching up with Allen before he threw a strike to one of his "I am very open" receivers. Damn that was frustrating to watch.

When the game was tied and things went awry for the Dolphins (again) I knew the game would be lost for sure. I got up from the TV with 2 minutes left and walked into the other room and my wife asked is the game over. I said and emphatic, "yes." Damn, another correct call.

I am not sure the Bills are the best team as they seem to struggle and we were able to run very well until McDaniels forget about that part of the game. That's a Bills' defensive weakness, IMO. However, they have Allen and he seems to pull things out of the fire.

Our linebacking corps is not very good. There are moments where they do well, but far too many moments where they are beaten on running plays or trying to cover any one who might be a target on a pass. In contrast, the 49ers seem to have quick and strong tacklers--just my observation.

McDaniel is smart--he's a nerd--but is slow to adjust when that needs to be done and too quick to abandon plays that are working well. Hells bells, if a particular running or passing play works, stay with it, run it again, until the opponent adjusts, then counter with a similar deceptive play. He doesn't seem to be able to call that. Maybe it's not in the play book? I just don't know.

The team has a long way to go. We need healthy safeties that can cover running plays and passes, a strong bench secondary at DB and a fleet footed corps of linebackers that can stymie TE passes.

Can we rebound and win our next game? Hard to predict, isn't it?

Date: December 20, 2022 05:59AM

My Observations on McDanials is he tries to be fearless at times , he has balls but like others have said he great on ofense , just calling the plays, but slow to react when on defense to change when somethings not working. Hes got very athletic players and maybe depends a little too much on them to react . Howard cant do it every play. And he needs to get a bit more vocal on these B.S. Penalties being called. I hope they are at least sending them to the league after the games.

You cant use the same offense and defense against every team. You have to be able to see weaknesses and go after them. Teams do it to us every weekend.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.