HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Offense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Offense
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: May 15, 2022 08:43AM

Is anyone else excited to see what McDaniel , Bevell and Welker put together?

Hill, Waddle, Wilson , Ezukanma, Bowden , Gesicki, Smythe, Long

Mostert, Edmonds, Michel, White

watch for sleepers

Trent Scherfield, River Cracraft , Braylon Sanders or Tanner Conner

Alec Ingold, Gerrid Doaks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2022 09:01AM by jlyell13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Offense
Date: May 15, 2022 04:39PM

Summer Camp should be interesting. Competition will be off the chain. But as always......it will ultimately be what the Oline makes it.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 16, 2022 06:32AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else excited to see what McDaniel ,
> Bevell and Welker put together?
>
> Hill, Waddle, Wilson , Ezukanma, Bowden , Gesicki,
> Smythe, Long
>
> Mostert, Edmonds, Michel, White
>
>
> watch for sleepers
>
> Trent Scherfield, River Cracraft , Braylon Sanders
> or Tanner Conner
>
> Alec Ingold, Gerrid Doaks

Yes sir, Im eager to see what new coaches like Bevell and Welker can do w/ this team. Front office and HC are making moves that I like compared to previous years. RBs position is stocked, I wanted White in rnd 4. I wanted to sign Andries as an UDFA and it happened. They are not only upgrading the active object but the practice development roster also. 5/6 of those UDFAs can be developed into nfl players IMHO.

This team should compete on a weekly basis.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 09:55AM

PFF ranks Dolphins running back group extremely low. On paper they rank 28th in the league. McDaniel's offense may not be as balanced as was hoped. Less than 2 months till pre-season, then we'll see for ourselves.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 13, 2022 06:56AM

Not saying it's cause/effect type of correlation, but I thought it was interesting that 3 of the 4 final teams last year (including the SB champs) joined us in the bottom 6 units. Moreover, the top 10 was littered with teams that could be considered mediocre or worse.

I will say that it seems like the running game may be more important to us this year than for many other teams. That said, McDaniel was able to coach SF to 7th most rushing yards last year with a fairly unimpressive stable of RBs (one of whom is in his 2nd stint with us now). Seemingly it has to do with system, so I think our RB crew will outperform their collective talent. Hopefully to a large extent, but I do think it's very likely we'll end up with a much more effective run game than last year (and many of our recent years).

Date: June 13, 2022 04:16PM

Oline.

No running game without it. Then they blitz every play. McDaniels added FBs to block , recievers will be picking up the slack too. TUA should have plenty of time to let plays develop.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: June 26, 2022 11:57AM

Pro Football Focus ranks Dolphin's offensive line 23rd in the league with one solid offensive tackle and a bunch of questions marks. I don't know what to make of that evaluation. It's all up to the coaches now.

Date: June 28, 2022 04:22AM

I give much credence to PFF. I agree it up to the coaching staff and not like previous staff I do believe this staff is up to the job,

We will find out soon.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 28, 2022 08:38AM

I think that the legacy players on our OL underperformed its collective raw talent for the past couple of years when so many young high draft picks were integrated into it. You could see the dysfunction on the offensive side of coaching with our co-co-coordinators, or whatever.

The additions of Armstead & Williams are really solid, in my opinion. I'd still favor the addition of another OL FA (Tretter tops my list) to mitigate the risks of:
- injury to one of the proven folks
- lack of development by Jackson/Eichenberg or any other young player who might be counted on to contribute significantly

If things go as designed, I would think we'd have a 15-20 ranked line. If something goes wrong, wouldn't surprise me (and would be hugely disappointing) to again have a bottom 5 line.

Date: June 30, 2022 02:51AM

Date: June 30, 2022 07:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.