HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting Analysis
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting Analysis
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 24, 2022 08:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting Analysis
Date: June 24, 2022 08:37AM

PFF just published a report that ranks teams by cap health.

Particularly interesting, I thought, was the incorporation of the combined valuation of the top 51 players on each team. I'm assuming it's using the overthecap player valuation that can be seen in each player's individual otc page. I think that relies heavily on the player's PFF rating as a component of the overall valuation. We rank #3 in this category, meaning - from top to bottom - they feel we have the 3rd-best roster in the league. That was, quite frankly, a surprise to me.

To balance that a bit, per the analysis, we have the 5th worst projected loss of value via 2023 free agency. When I look at the names on the list, though, it's not fear-inspiring.

Some more noteworthy overall observations:
- 9 of the top 11 best cap health situations belong to AFC teams
- further underscores the value of having an elite QB. There are teams like us in the top 10 of 1-51 roster valuation, but aren't really considered contenders (Washington, New Orleans, Philly, Cleveland esp. if Watson misses significant time). Others in the top 10 include TB, Rams, Chiefs, Bills, Chargers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 08:44AM by tsstamper.

Date: June 24, 2022 09:04AM

The addition of Hill has really brought us some well needed positive attention.

That sounds like a very intesting read. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 24, 2022 11:22AM

Good point. I'm probably just a bit slow in recognizing the addition of and/or rising to higher-rated PFF talent over the past 12 mo.

Going into the 2021 season, we probably only had X as anywhere near elite rating.

Now we have:
- X as an established dominant CB
- Wilkins, Sieler and Ogbah all highly rated on the DL last year
- Holland PFF rated in the 80s in his rookie year
- our 2 new OL FA both relatively highly rated
- Tyreek and Waddle

It all ultimately needs to translate to wins, but I'm probably just so used to a relative talent deficit across the roster.

Date: June 26, 2022 03:46AM

Free agency this off season has been off the chain. At first I was really surorised becuase last Jan. Was a horrible month for the Dolphins. After a great end of the season winning streak we fired Flores and things looked as bad as Ive seen it as a Phins fan.

Then we hired a new coach and instantly thus rooster took off. And players wanted to come here again. I think that speaks Volumes about Flores. NOT ONE player complai ed he was fired......and free agency exploded when he was gone.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.