HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Starting Cornerbacks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Starting Cornerbacks
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:19AM

Good points, and questions! Matt Ryan shouldnt get into the slump, especialy with sure hands Gonzalez as a security blanket. There defense is what is going to lose them the games. I dont think the league will see this much solid pass rushing this year ever! I cant wait to see the pass rush we bring em smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:31AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:48AM

I'm glad the decision came out on green, as he looked far more sloppy than advertised.

1. I watched a replay of the Jax agme this morning and couldn't help but notice how Jax (Mike shula in the box directing offense) they hardly ever went to Sean Smith's side when he was in the game
- As soon as Smith was pulled out of the game, shula went to his side.
- Do we interpret that as JAX doesn't have 2 guys on the #1 offense they want to go with or was Sean really playing that good of coverage?
- Was the Jax second string receivers needing work on that side?

Not sure but initial look as Smith validates his playing with the 1st team).

2. The broadcast and cameras likewise was far and few between where Sean Smith's coverage was shown.

3. When he did get on camera, most of the time, he looked good to me.

Date: August 20, 2009 08:49AM

OmarKelly

CB Joey Thomas has been bumped up to second-team. He's paired with Vontae Davis. Jason Allen still second team nickel.

Kid is having a great camp.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:54AM

yeah read an article today omar kelly - excerp follows:

Joey Thomas is really taking advantage of Eric Green's exit. He was running with the second-team defense at times this morning and was KILLING IT. He had a beautiful pick in the back of the end zone. It looked like that touchdown catch Ted Ginn Jr. caught in the Seattle game. He followed it up with two more deflections, and was strong for the entire session.

Sparano said Green's departure was caused by the lack of separation the four-year veteran had on the rookies. With that being the case: "Let's see the young players."

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:11PM

Hey eesti: Didn't you put me down for saying Joey Thomas would make the team over Jason Allen? You said one preseason game doesn't do it. Well, what about NOW?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:50PM

WSYWP Can be a lot of things. I'll let you guess. Here's a hint, the first 'W' stand for "While".

On a side note, Jason Allen is still with team 2. Why? Because he's inconsistent. He'd probably be cut if the team didn't have #1 round money invested.

Date: August 21, 2009 07:52AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey eesti: Didn't you put me down for saying Joey
> Thomas would make the team over Jason Allen? You
> said one preseason game doesn't do it. Well, what
> about NOW?

I still think one preseason game doesn't change anything because the coaches have said many times what they are looking for is consistency from practice to the game.

I don't think I put you down at all but I did disagree with the thinking that Jones was higher on the list based on his role in the nickle in 08.

It looks like Thomas has elevated his play from last year and if you notice two posts above yours I gave Thomas props for his promotion. I hope he steps up because that's what we need.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.