HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Patriots at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Patriots at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 19, 2020 09:03AM

The Patriots play the Dolphins at 1 pm on Sunday. Both teams are suffering from injuries or illness that is limiting their ability to field the best players.

The team with the most heart, IMO, is the Dolphins. They have shown real enthusiasm and grit game after game despite who was taking the field; they have an attitude edge over the Patriots that could make a difference in the final score.

Both teams will struggle offensively but I believe our Dolphins will come out on top. thumbs up

Go Dolphins! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Patriots at Dolphins: Gameday Thread
Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 19, 2020 06:11PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Both teams will struggle offensively but I believe
> our Dolphins will come out on top. thumbs up
>
> Go Dolphins! smiling smiley

I hope so!! As a resident of New England I really want this victory for the Phins!

Date: December 20, 2020 03:35AM

The word that comes to mind is "transition." The Brady era in NE has run its course and every Dolphins and Buffalo fan knows this fact. It was a miraculous run for NE. No one can argue successfully to the contrary.

With Brady's departure and the growth of Buffalo at all positions, the transition away from NE being dominant is over. Two teams will vie for the top slot in the division now, IMO, Buffalo and the Dolphins. I verily believe that Buffalo is one year ahead of us in team maturity as their current record reflects. However, the growth of the Dolphins this year, is surprising and beyond expectations for many fans.

Brian Flores and his coaching staff have done a terrific job overall. Not quite there yet in all positions but we are getting closer. During the next off season, I expect the front office to fortify the front lines and to obtain a world-class RB. Wide receivers will also be added searching for that tall, lanky speedster with great hands to advance the ball deep down the field.

Yes, we are going places, we are on the move to the top of the division. Today's game will show coaching skills and a bit of chess playing with personnel. I could be wrong...we shall see. cool smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 20, 2020 07:19AM

It sure would be nice to have all of our starters playing when we really need to win every remaining game. We hold the last wildcard spot right now and it won't be easy to keep. A few miracles today would be nice.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 08:52AM

Hey lets not draft a first round top rb. Instead lets draft a third round rb. You know one rb as good as what we have...we be even better like that what we are. Right tcpf?

Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2020 08:54AM by samsam3738.

Date: December 20, 2020 08:53AM

I've hesitated to post, wanted to watch more of our offense.

Tua is a bit baffled. He drove the team well and threw an errant pass near the goal line that was intercepted. His follow up possession is marked with mistakes and some indecision. I hope he settles down.

Date: December 20, 2020 09:29AM

Half time. Tua is perplexed. He has had some opportunity to run the ball when the receivers were not open and scrambled to no avail. Second guessing him, he should of run a bit to keep the Patriots wondering. They have Tua stymied.

The Patriots are also struggling and the Dolphins defense is hanging tough so far. Losing an apparent Cam Newton fumble and defense TD, really killed possible momentum for us. The fog of war, my friends.

I hope some talk and pointers to the receivers and Tua will pay off with some scoring in the second half. If things don't open up will we see Fitzpatrick coming in to move the team?

SamSam--stop trolling TreasureCoast for a reply!

Date: December 20, 2020 09:47AM

Newton pass to Meyers caught and Howard punches the ball out and is recovered by Dolphins (Roberts). Another great team defensive play. This follows our scoring drive. Momentum now in our favor. Go Dolphins!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 10:32AM

Nice way to end that drive with 8 points and the lead. Hope defense holds the fort and we get this W. Oline and rbs picking up the slack so we do not have to rely on the passing game. Tua is missing those veteran receivers. I have to believe there are timing and route issues with the rookie and other WRs.

Date: December 20, 2020 10:38AM

Here is why defense is so important.
I have confidence in our defense for the first time in a while.

Just a field goal gives us this game. Touchdown is better....but our defense will hold them if we get at least a field goal.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 20, 2020 10:44AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Hey lets not draft a first round top rb. Instead
> lets draft a third round rb. You know one rb as
> good as what we have...we be even better like that
> what we are. Right tcpf?
>
> Lol

Hey how many injuries do we have? Are first rounders immune to getting hurt?

We need more more more....not just 1 player.

Our running game has been very good today. Just need a little better blocking help. A fresh big kid . Ahmed just scored......Hes a walk on. NEVER DRAFTED.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 20, 2020 11:06AM

Nice. 1 game closer to the playoffs ...and we eliminate New England. Feels good.

To win with such a Skelton crew offense bodes well ....if we get Giesicki and Parker back I like our chances of winning the wild card. Our defense is as good as any in the NFL.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2020 11:34AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 11:24AM

Very nice game with back-ups. Best running attack of the season.

I'm a little disappointed in the coaching staff. Why are so many players failing to report?

The "Pats" are now officially the "Past".
I'm sure JC will agree that so many of those obnoxious NE fans that proudly wore their Patriots hats up until last year are now claiming that they started losing interest in football several years ago.

Date: December 20, 2020 11:30AM

smileys with beer

A Big Win for a team struggling offensively. Lots of players today stepped it up particularly in the 2nd half. Kudos to all for the hard play and the persistence to keep hitting hard. Really like Roberts. He hits hard and is around the ball.

Trick punt play was almost perfect. Disappointed that it was nullified.

Blocking was quite effective today and Ahmed saw holes and went over 100 yards on the ground. Even Breida came to life. thumbs up

Tua learned from his foibles of the first half. He's learning!

Dolphins are now 9 and 5; that sure feels good.

Dolphins play a Saturday night game next in Vegas against Gruden's Raiders. Go Dolphins!!!!

Date: December 20, 2020 11:40AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
>
> I'm sure JC will agree that so many of those
> obnoxious NE fans that proudly wore their Patriots
> hats up until last year are now claiming that they
> started losing interest in football several years
> ago.

Yeah a lot of attention is suddenly focused towards hockey, basketball, and baseball around here. It isn't quite as noticeable as there are less people out as there are during normal times, but a lot fewer people care about the Patsies all of a sudden.

Date: December 20, 2020 11:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Hey lets not draft a first round top rb. Instead
> lets draft a third round rb. You know one rb as
> good as what we have...we be even better like that
> what we are. Right tcpf?
>
> Lol

Ahmed posted 122 yards, made a great second effort to run for a touchdown and as a team we had 250 yds rushing.

yeah. lol funny.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 12:27PM

Have to give Kudos so far for this administrations drafting. Rooks have played well except for Igbinoghene, could have had Dugger .

Gesicki,Gaskin, nice finds

Praying for Etienne and a big play WR or two along with a center in 21 and this offense could be KC like

FA Ahmed a huge find , Breida looking better, the backup TE adds have played well, Smythe was draft i think . Ogbah has been great

Jones overpaid but decent, jordan Howard a bust

Date: December 20, 2020 12:57PM

colonel Wrote:
> He has had some
> opportunity to run the ball when the receivers
> were not open and scrambled to no avail. Second
> guessing him, he should of run a bit to keep the
> Patriots wondering. They have Tua stymied.
>

Colonel, I can't help but wonder if the coaches are specifically telling him to avoid running, in order to force him to make more reads and passing decistions (and prevent injury, of course). He did run for that second half TD though.

Date: December 20, 2020 01:57PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Have to give Kudos so far for this administrations
> drafting. Rooks have played well except for
> Igbinoghene, could have had Dugger .
>
> Gesicki,Gaskin, nice finds
>
> Praying for Etienne and a big play WR or two along
> with a center in 21 and this offense could be KC
> like
>
>
> FA Ahmed a huge find , Breida looking better, the
> backup TE adds have played well, Smythe was draft
> i think . Ogbah has been great
>
> Jones overpaid but decent, jordan Howard a bust

Gesicki and Smythe were a 2nd and 3rd round pick in 2018 I believe? I remember picking back to back tight ends wasn't a popular decision at the time. Those guys have become serious weapons. Flores knows the Pats need a good tight end to be successful.

Next season we find a speedy deeper and a solid reliable slot guy if Albert Wilson doesn't return.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 20, 2020 02:59PM

Jc of course its funny....we our scrub rbs havent ran for over 100 yards all year. Until they played an unfocus pats team who lost interest in winning after brady left.

We better win next week or we out of playoffs. We are not beating the bills unless the bills rest some starters.

Again our rbs are laughable. They stunk all year.

Tua needs a highly regarded rb in the first round in 2021.

Date: December 20, 2020 03:52PM

No RB is worth a 1 st rounder ever. Its a position that hardly lasts 5-6 yrs in the NFL. So many great ones in the lower rounds.

Amed made a great statement:

"I appreciate the o-line. They keep me going," Ahmed said. "They get push down the field and all I have to do is follow those big dudes. Getting a 'dub' isn't possible without the offensive line so shoutout to those guys."

Thats class. That shows humility. Thats a Team player. He was a great find when Gaskin went out. I'd be annoyed if he didnt get a chance to compete next season. Amed , a healthy Brieda , some new blood a great prospects elsewhere.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 20, 2020 04:14PM

Here ya go.......this is who the Miami Dolphins take in the 3-4th round:

Rhamondre Stevenson, RB/FB, Oklahoma
Height: 6-0. Weight: 232.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.

Hes a Monster. Weight fluctuates between 230-250 depending on were you want him.

Rhamondre Stevenson, Oklahoma
Oklahoma was 3-2 prior to Stevenson's return from suspension. Since he was reinstalled, the Sooners have looked more like the powerhouse that many had expected. Over the last three games, the Sooners have won by an average of 38.33 points per game. Stevenson has averaged roughly 110 rushing yards per game during that stretch.

In Saturday's victory over Oklahoma State, the junior college product rushed for 141 yards on 26 carries in addition to his three receptions for 54 yards. Remarkably, he has yet to make a third down run this season. However, 15 of his 50 carries (30%) have gone for first downs.

Stevenson, a monster 6-foot, 236-pounder from Las Vegas, rushed for 515 yards and six touchdowns last season, and posted a team-high 8.05 yards per carry. He topped the 100-yard mark twice —- 104 yards vs. South Dakota and 109 yards vs. Kansas. He'll join junior T.J. Pledger and freshman Seth McGowan in a Sooners backfield.

Had a suspension for a failed drug test. They are still fighting it. Helps us because it was minor and he drafts a bit lower. This guys a bull. Add him to the speed we have now with a new center ?

Fuuget bout it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.