HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Go on record
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Go on record
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 14, 2019 08:29AM

No poll but state your opinion and why.

OurLads has us picking Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State, with our first pick at number 13.

Don't hide in the shadows and wait until next year to critique this pick if it happens.

Go on record NOW whether you think this WOULD BE a good or bad move.

The one thing in common between Lawton, Oklahoma and Watts, California, the first being where I was born and raised and the second where I moved from there to.... is that in both, one the country and second the big city, is that in both you have to "be real" and "state your positions" without hiding in the shadows and then coming out later when the result happens.

I'll tell you right now. If he is available to us at 13, I believe we should grab him.

What would you do?

Those who remain silent will also lose their credibility when they later opine that "well it was obvious that we should have..." done the opposite of what we did if the team makes the wrong choice in either choosing or passing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Go on record
Date: April 14, 2019 08:32AM

Lol.

You are certifiably nuts.

See ya after the draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 14, 2019 01:25PM

Weaknesses:
*Small list of successful QBs with so few career starts
*Lacks in-game adversity challenges for an early round pick
*Front side can fly open causing throws to sail
*Unusual follow through leaving his lower half behind
*Still learning to attack zone coverage
*Baited into bad decisions on high-low reads
*Doesn't show enough caution against dropping linebackers
*Will need to improve anticipatory intermediate throws
*Has to be willing to come off primary reads when coverage dictates it
*Needs to expedite his process in the face of pressure
*Needs better feel for when to throw with touch
*Accuracy on the move is below average
*Below-average athlete who can't run away from trouble
*Sluggish, heavy feet when he scrambles
*Fumbles due to carelessness and lack of concentration on snaps

There, you have his weaknesses, so....

I'll go on record to say that he has the potential to be a BUST.

I'd like to know why it's so damn important to draft a 1st round QB this year instead of waiting for a better draft class next year.

Date: April 14, 2019 02:21PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol.
>
> You are certifiably nuts.
>
> See ya after the draft.

RESPONSE: Coward!.....and might I add as well....Windbag.

Date: April 14, 2019 02:40PM

808phan Wrote:
> Weaknesses:
> *Small list of successful QBs with so few career
> starts
> *Lacks in-game adversity challenges for an early
> round pick
> *Front side can fly open causing throws to sail
> *Unusual follow through leaving his lower half
> behind
> *Still learning to attack zone coverage
> *Baited into bad decisions on high-low reads
> *Doesn't show enough caution against dropping
> linebackers
> *Will need to improve anticipatory intermediate
> throws
> *Has to be willing to come off primary reads when
> coverage dictates it
> *Needs to expedite his process in the face of
> pressure
> *Needs better feel for when to throw with touch
> *Accuracy on the move is below average
> *Below-average athlete who can't run away from
> trouble
> *Sluggish, heavy feet when he scrambles
> *Fumbles due to carelessness and lack of
> concentration on snaps
>
> There, you have his weaknesses, so....
>
> I'll go on record to say that he has the potential
> to be a BUST.
>
> I'd like to know why it's so damn important to
> draft a 1st round QB this year instead of waiting
> for a better draft class next year.

Can you refer me to where you got this, 808, so I can read it for myself and consider the source.

I know it's not OurLads whose analysis is

First-year starter as a red-shirt sophomore from Potomac, MD. Last year, JT Barrett’s backup hit on 40 of 57 passes good for 565 yards and four scores. In 2018 the right handed passer threw for 4831 yards, 9.1 yards per attempt, 50 TDs & 8 Ints. The ex Buckeye completed 70% of his passes.Throws to a variety of future NFL receivers like Parris Campbell, KJ Hill, Terry McLaurin, and Austin Mack among others.. The fluid athlete steps up in the pocket and throws a velocity-filled bullet downfield hitting a receiver in stride. His poise is remarkable.

And you can expect Treasure to jump in and jump on OURLADS.

but let me say this to Treasure:

YOU BACKED A LOUSY QB FOR YEARS AND YEARS and he was traded away for basically nothing and tossed out like garbage so you really have no credibility attacking any other QB.

Date: April 14, 2019 03:19PM

I backed OUR QB .
The MIAMI DOLPHINS starting QB.

As of today Ryan Fitzpatrick has my loyalty until he doesn't.Becuase I'm a Dolphins fan . Try it sometime.

You really believe I give 2 shits about what you say about Ryan Tannehill?

Dude. I dont know weather to laught at you or cry for you.

And nice plagiarism.....all you did is regurgitate a story from Our Lads......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2019 03:42PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I backed OUR QB .
> The MIAMI DOLPHINS starting QB.

RESPONSE: Make it about loyalty. Your refuge. If someone doesn't agree with you about Tannehill, they are disloyal to the Miami Dolphins.

>
> As of today Ryan Fitzpatrick has my loyalty until
> he doesn't.Becuase I'm a Dolphins fan . Try it
> sometime.

RESPONSE: I'll bet my home against a cup of coffee that if he plays poorly, not only will you jump down his throat but remind the board of how people like me drove Ryan Tannehill away.

Loyalty must be earned. A person is not born entitled to it. A person who signs on a team is entitled to it when he is ON THE FIELD IN A GAME PLAYING AGAINST THE OPPOSITION but the minute the game ends, a true fan ... not someone who is slavishly bound to whoever is playing....but a true fan, wants the best player available at that position to play on the field.

>
> You really believe I give 2 shits about what you
> say about Ryan Tannehill?
>
RESPONSE: I know you do and anybody else reading this board in the past two years knows also.

> Dude. I dont know weather to laught at you or cry
> for you.

ANSWER: Cry for yourself. LOL.

>
> And nice plagiarism.....all you did is regurgitate
> a story from Our Lads......

RESPONSE: Look at the post above where I specifically TOLD YOU IT WAS FROM OURLADS. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Oooooh, since I addressed it to 808, maybe the high IQ Treasure can be forgiven since you actually complained that I never said TO YOU THAT it was from Ourlads.

Can you refer me to where you got this, 808, so I can read it for myself and consider the source.

"I know it's not OurLads whose analysis is........"

The dots represent what I posted from OURLADS and which you JUST SAID I WAS TRYING TO PASS OFF AS MY OWN ANALYSIS WHEN IT WAS REALLY OURLADS.

This is TOO funny.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 14, 2019 06:57PM

I think we go heavy on defense this draft. At # 13 we go linebacker or edge. This draft is supposed to be rich in defensive players, got to take advantage of that.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: April 15, 2019 01:58AM

Chy I got that info from NFL.com draft tracker. FYI - He still has 2 yrs left of college eligibility, I personally think he's coming out too early, I think he needs more experience & refinement.

Date: April 15, 2019 02:02AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I think we go heavy on defense this draft. At # 13
> we go linebacker or edge. This draft is supposed
> to be rich in defensive players, got to take
> advantage of that.

I totally agree. Plus I'm not at all impressed with this year's QB class, I think it could be a total waste to use our 1st pick on a QB this year.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 15, 2019 02:34AM

I think there are questions about all of the potential 1st round QB's. I dont think we should use 1st round pick on QB.

Date: April 15, 2019 04:54AM

SCPhinsFan Wrote:
> I think there are questions about all of the
> potential 1st round QB's. I dont think we should
> use 1st round pick on QB.

Exactly. I'm hoping we trade back to a team willing to take a chance on one of them . Either way our first pick will be defense.

And I hope we get Jackson by round three . Great potential there.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 15, 2019 07:35AM

There will be questions about each qb in the 2020 draft. Saying that if Haskins is there at #13 damn right we should take him. If Haskins returned to OSU for the 2019 season he would probably be the #2 rated qb in the 2020 draft, yep ahead of Herbert Fromm and the kid from WA. Just behind Tua (who choked in his 2 big games for 2018 so I want to see him win a big game). The lack of mobility is overrated his mobility is better than Rothersburger and Brady. Picks D's apart with the short and intermediate passes and that what keeps drives alive and your D off the field. Looking at Haskins film there is nothing not to like. Only one year of film but looking at it its pretty damn good.

I would take Lawrence (CLEM) if he came out this year.

Date: April 15, 2019 07:39AM

I agree and said it before...it we reached on Haskins at 13 I wouldn't be bummed out. Great potential there. I just think looking at the big picture if another team was really interested we could be on the right side of a blockbuster trade for a change

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 15, 2019 09:25AM

That is true to, not against trading down in that situation.

Date: April 15, 2019 03:05PM

808phan Wrote:
> Chy I got that info from NFL.com draft tracker.
> FYI - He still has 2 yrs left of college
> eligibility, I personally think he's coming out
> too early, I think he needs more experience &
> refinement.

Fair.

But I saw a different pre draft org OTHER THAN OURLADS predicting that we would pick a different QB than Haskins.

The point for me being that there is kinda a feeling out there in the football world that Miami will use what is a fairly high draft choice on a quarterback....which is our...........BPAPON.

Best Player at Position of NEED.

Date: April 15, 2019 06:28PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

>
> Best Player at Position of NEED.

Out biggest Position of need is Center IMO. No center is projected to be a 1st rounder in this draft. Are you saying g we should reach for 1 in the 1st?

No way......that's why we trade back....grab a center with the extra picks.Thats smart.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 15, 2019 07:00PM

LOL. I FINALLY PSYCHED YOU OUT INTO SAYING IT!!!!

WITH US HAVING NO QUARTERBACK, you think a bigger need on the team is to have a center.

But....wait a minute.....last year we had Tannehill and a nobody center (Pouncey was gone) and yes, it's a position of need but we don't have a freakin QUARTERBACK!!!!

LOL. LOL. LOL.

Date: April 16, 2019 05:49AM

Man. You sit here trying to play games thinking your so smart. All Along You just make yourself look sadder and sadder. Thats why I just resign to ripping you to pieces instead of being respectful.

I STARTED a thread on the QB we should take and why almost a week ago.

We have a starter until 2020 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Is Ryan is to be successful at all he's gonna need a big healthy Center to START. Guess what? after 2019 our possibly new Rookie QB is gonna need a Center.

You tell us who are starting center is as of today? You do realize the ONLY starting Olineman we have at the moment is Tunsil. Thats it. 1 LINEMAN! And you want to throw some Rookie behind that? Get them good and hurt because they wont be as resilient as Tannehill was for the first 4-5 yrs of play.

This is why I say time and again you either dont know anything about the game or your just so stupid you refuse to see it.

But yeah....you showed me. Your so smart you actually tricked me into saying what I've been saying all along OVER AND OVER.

Trade back. Grab a QB like Jackson if hes available in the 3rd round. Use the EXTRA picks on Linemen. Offensive and defensive.

I dont know whats sadder...What you actually state or that you still think you are so smart and so clever after stating it.

Out of touch comes to mind. You almost dont realize how silly you sound.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 16, 2019 08:29AM

I haven't followed the QB's enough to give an opinion. (or, honestly, any other position) If there is a good one available for the 1st pick I would like to see a LB or maybe a DE in the first round. If there isn't one available for a high pick trade & stock up more picks.

Date: April 16, 2019 08:32AM

pafinfan Wrote:
> I haven't followed the QB's enough to give an
> opinion. (or, honestly, any other position) If
> there is a good one available for the 1st pick I
> would like to see a LB or maybe a DE in the first
> round. If there isn't one available for a high
> pick trade & stock up more picks.

That's a very common sense approach. Defensive talent definitely outshines the offense in this draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 09:26AM

TCPF SAID....Man. You sit here trying to play games thinking your so smart.

I defininetely not saying chren is dumb. Is the opposite of that...

But i rather be dumb than a person who lies over and over.

You do that tcpf. You lie.

When did i say we should move up in the draft in 2018.

Date: April 16, 2019 09:39AM

You don't want our QB in 2019 to either be better than Tanny or succeed. Your DLine and OLine talk is just misdirection to take the focus off that.

I mentioned before what Shula did drafting Woodley then Marino in back to back years. Should the April QB we draft be Woodley then maybe in 20 we get Marino. But if we TANK the season, which we will if we follow your advice, we certainly will get the first pick in 20. I don't like doing that. I like getting the best player available each year. I don't want to Treasure hunt in the garbage cans.

Date: April 16, 2019 01:31PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You don't want our QB in 2019 to either be better
> than Tanny or succeed. Your DLine and OLine talk
> is just misdirection to take the focus off that.
>
> I mentioned before what Shula did drafting Woodley
> then Marino in back to back years. Should the
> April QB we draft be Woodley then maybe in 20 we
> get Marino. But if we TANK the season, which we
> will if we follow your advice, we certainly will
> get the first pick in 20. I don't like doing
> that. I like getting the best player available
> each year. I don't want to Treasure hunt in the
> garbage cans.

It's a good thing we didnt do that in last years draft. You wanted to trade up for players other teams want to trade after 1 season!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: April 16, 2019 02:01PM

I will proudly go on record Chyren as saying I am not sure if he will be there at #13 or if this office will trade that pick. But assuming we are on the clock and he is available....TAKE HIM ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 02:08PM

First, let's get the facts straight. I didn't want to trade up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME.......the Dolphins were sitting at 12. Josh Rosen from....UCLA.........UCLA.............UCLA...............UCLA, AS MANY TIMES AS YOU HAVE WITH YOUR SAND BARROW WAY OF LOOKING AT THE WORLD HAVE TAKEN SHOTS AT CALIFORNIA AND THE FACT THAT I LIVE HERE ....ROSEN OF UCLA............. was still there at number 11 with us picking at number 12,....12.......12............. I had watched Rosen play for UCLA. I was sitting there licking my chops.

Arizona traded with the team ELEVEN (I can't remember now and it's not that important which team is was) AND THEY SNATCHED JOSH ROSEN FROM US.

Moreover, there had been what???? Three other QBs picked from 1 to 11. It was a draft that saw Baker Mayfield Quarterback Oklahoma go first. Sam Darnold QB USC go second and Josh Allen QB Wyoming go next. All IN THE FIRST ROUND before our pick at number 12.

And then Arizona snatches Rosen at 11.

I've explained how that could only mean that Arizona thought THE MIAMI DOLPHINS WOULD DRAFT JOSH ROSEN!

You can not listen if you want to ignore it.

You've been ignoring it for a whole year.

Last year was not ABOUT ME COMPLAINING THAT THE DOLPHINS DID NOT TRADE UP!!!! IT WAS ABOUT ME MOANING ABOUT HOW ROSEN WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM US.

I DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT US NOT TAKING ROSEN BECAUSE WE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO EITHER DO IT OR NOT DO IT!!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 02:25PM

Hey! I think I heard a voice of reason in this crazy house!

Date: April 16, 2019 02:53PM

Rosen was never taken from us. We passed on that shitty orgy of QB clowns. (Except for Baker).
AND YOU WANTED TO TRADE UP FOR THE PLAYER ARIZONA WANTS TO DUMP.
Now your offended by even suggesting we trade up . YOU SHOULD BE! Because trading up is stupid unless your a playoff team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 03:39PM

Rosen was never taken from us???????????????

Okay to all you members on this board who try your best to defend Treasure..................................

Here are the picks from 1 to 11

1 Cleveland Browns Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma Big 12 2017 Heisman Trophy winner
2 New York Giants Saquon Barkley RB Penn State Big Ten 2018 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
3 New York Jets Sam Darnold QB USC Pac-12 from Indianapolis R1 - 1
4 Cleveland Browns Denzel Ward CB Ohio State Big Ten from Houston R1 - 2
5 Denver Broncos Bradley Chubb DE NC State ACC
6 Indianapolis Colts Quenton Nelson G Notre Dame Ind. (FBS) from NY Jets R1 - 3
7 Buffalo Bills Josh Allen QB Wyoming MW from Tampa Bay R1 - 4
8 Chicago Bears Roquan Smith LB Georgia SEC
9 San Francisco 49ers Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)
10 Arizona Cardinals Josh Rosen QB UCLA Pac-12 from Oakland R1 - 5
11 Miami Dolphins Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama SEC

Next as to who he is..............
Josh Rosen
Football quarterback
Description Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen is an American football quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League. He played college football for the UCLA Bruins and was drafted by the Cardinals in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

I got this last bit from..............................

Wikipedia

Oh, but you probably hate Wikipedia just like you hate Ourlads, California and the entire NFL holding a draft, don't you, Treasure.

Date: April 16, 2019 06:05PM

Why do you speak as if your in a courtroom speaking to a jury?

No one is defending me. THEY AGREE WITH ME. if this was a jury trial you would be GUILTY. You lost counsler.

Lack of evidence. Poor trial Prep.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.