HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dan Campbell
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dan Campbell
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 10, 2016 07:55AM

I think you missed the point a bit with your argument... Just because you are a great coordinator doesn't necessarily make you a great Head Coach, I never said that anywhere in my post... What I said, is please name me one NFL Head Coach who has never been a coordinator or HC at any level prior to being an NFL HC... I am sure you see the difference between what I said and the argument you are trying to make against something I never said.. Being a great coordinator or HC on some level doesn't guarantee success as a HC at the NFL level.. But no one I know of, has ever been a great NFL Head Coach without being a great coordinator or HC at some level beforehand....

My point which I guess you somehow missed: being a coordinator and or HC at another level gives you experience, knowledge and respect among your peers that is hard to gain any other way... But obviously it goes without saying, I thought, that alone does not guarantee you possess the other qualities necessary to be a great HC in the NFL...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:55PM

And my point was that if you wed yourself to any rigid test, e.g. only hire former head coaches, only hire guys who have been assistants or coordinators, or a former head coach in the pros is okay but not a former head coach in college or vice versa or on and on and on......but When Campbell replaced Philbin, the team turned right around ....IMMEDIATELY......and I'm talking about in the respect the players had for him as well as how they performed in games and I don't care if ....right before he took over....HE WAS ONLY RUNNING THE HOT DOG CONCESSION AT THE STADIUM.....he showed command capability.

You can talk about pedigree and background all you want to. You can also talk about experience.

But how did that help Joe Philbin???????

I just have a feeling that Cambpell will become another Todd Bowles while we will continue to suck hind tit (as we say on the Plains).

But I hope I'm wrong about Gase versus Campbell but it is our Karma to screw up as long as the present owner has owned this team.

Date: July 11, 2016 09:02AM

There is a big difference between winning a few games and being a successful NFL Head coach... Campbell brought the team together, they took on his personality, but that only goes so far, as proven by our finished record last season... Experience football minds, with the ability to attack from many different game plans, adapt mid game, etc are which coaches have the teams in the play offs each year...

Teams figure out how to stop something and then every team uses that to beat you.. Great football minds are able to adapt, and always keep it moving, so no team can put a finger on what you are going to do to beat them from week to week... IMO Campbell just wasnt ready for that nor have that type of experience or knowledge of different systems... He was a throwback, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, smash mouth football... That only goes so far in todays NFL... Great coaches in todays NFL need to be dynamic and adaptive...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:49AM

Date: July 11, 2016 01:46PM

Campbell going to work under Sean Peyton was the best thing that could ever happen to him... Peyton is widely regarded as one of the best and most innovative minds on the offensive side of the ball in the entire NFL... Campbell will learn a lot under Peyton, and also be a great addition to helping the Saints be a tougher team... With more knowledge and experience, one day he probable will be a great HC. But it wouldn't have happened in the next 2 years if he had stayed with us as our HC IMO...

Nietzsche

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.