HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          so you want the Dolphins to lose?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
so you want the Dolphins to lose?
Date: December 22, 2015 11:55AM

Unless you want to trade the pick for several more, it's a flawed strategy.

Jake Long ring a Bell? He was the best lineman in the NFL at one point. Didn't help us win games. #3 pick Dion Jordan, how did that pan out? Oh you want the #1 QB in the draft? How did that work out for the Colts and the Redskins? Hell we had the #1 QB maybe ever in Dan Marino with the winningest coach of all time in Don Shula and it got us Gatz.

You can have the #1 pick, but you have to actually make a good educated pick with it. Enjoy each Dolphins game as they come.spending negative energy on hoping for a better draft pick is a silly and pointless strategy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: so you want the Dolphins to lose?
Posted by: camaron ()
Date: December 22, 2015 12:36PM

Don't care to win. And if we can make an educated pick, we'll have more options to choose than if we win. So I'd rather lose.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 22, 2015 12:36PM

Let's take it step by step. The object of being a pro football team is to win the SuperBowl. If you are not going to the playoffs, and we are not, you have no chance to win the SuperBowl.

If you don't win the SuperBowl this year, then you want to be able to win the SuperBowl next year.

If you want to win the SuperBowl next year, you need the best team that you can get.....next year.

If you want the best team you can get next year, you have to do it through the draft and/or free agency.

Winning games (with the exception of the hated Patriots who by defeating them will bring its own pleasure) that put you in a worse condition for the draft makes no sense except for, as someone pointed out above, players don't quit (as it should be).

True, our administrations screws up drafts but that's like the team playing games in the beginning of the season, it is what it is and you can't change it. So just like trying to win all games at the beginning of the season when you probably won't, you can't toss away consideration of the draft just because you have idiots running it.

So should we want the Dolphins to lose for the benefit of next year (except playing the Patsies).....yes.

On a sidenote, the number 1 pick in the draft worked quite well for the Colts and Andrew Luck and the Redskins and RGIII (until he got hurt). Did they win a SuperBowl.....? No. But neither did Marino. But Would you go back in time and pass on Marino????? I think not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 10:38AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 22, 2015 04:38PM

we need to hit rock bottom. otherwise the idiot ross will see 7-9 and think "we're close." we must finally blow up this team and everyone associated with it. closing with 2 more losses will help.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 22, 2015 07:21PM

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 23, 2015 05:29AM

Even if it means a better draft pick and maybe a better team next year I can never bring myself to hope Miami loses. The best I can do is not care if they win or lose.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 23, 2015 06:31AM

Me too.....I dont take it as hard as if we would still be alive for the playoffs.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 23, 2015 06:42AM

Hoping to lose is for losers. We don't even know yet who will be making the draft picks or who will be coaching them. Meanwhile I will be cheering for any flicker of hope.
I'd rather watch one hour of Dolphin football than three days of draft coverage.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: December 23, 2015 07:04AM

3 days of draft coverage is better...

The way these scrubs are playing....1 hour of dolphin football is a killer to the arteries.

At least im relaxed come draft day.

Can't stand to watch these shitty players play like crap and like they don't care anymore.

Date: December 23, 2015 07:06AM

After the new england loss i havent watched them any more...Maybe a couple of minutes

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 23, 2015 07:19AM

I never ever in my history of being a Dolphins fan rooted for them to lose... This year is different, I just dont care anymore and would probably rather they lose...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 23, 2015 08:29AM

Being apathetic is one thing. Rooting for them to lose is altogether something else.

Date: December 23, 2015 10:39AM

The only counterpoint to preferring a loss (as distasteful as that might be) is that the draft pick might get screwed up as well (which is highly likely) and you end up with the worst of both worlds.

Those who say they root and are not disappointed in a loss cannot be argued with. However, that is the immediate feeling. Come May....if a win prevents the pick of a player who then goes to the Patsies, Jills or Jesters, then we are going to regret it for years.

There are always the Dion Jordans. I thought he would be the second coming of Kim Bokamper. But perennially being in the middle with being both out of the playoffs and out of a favorable draft position is like a limbo hell.

Date: December 23, 2015 10:40AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being apathetic is one thing. Rooting for them to
> lose is altogether something else.

I agree with you Hooligan2. The Dolphins have needs absolutely. But picking in the top 10 won't garantee shit.unless we can trade it. Every week I'm pulling for them.GO DOLPHINS! !

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2015 10:45AM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 23, 2015 07:15PM

I don't even care about winning or losing anymore. Paid no attention to football this past weekend, got more enjoyment tinkering with my vintage VW. I feel like I'm getting to the point where I just don't give a rats ass anymore. Contemplating scraping off my old logo helmet bumper sticker and removing my Dolphins license plate frame from my truck already. Got to the point where the suckness has gone far enough and reached it's limit for me over the years. I've wasted so much energy on this team already, it just isn't worth it.

*edit*

As Clint Eastwood said..."A man's got to know his limitations"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2015 07:19PM by 808phan.

Date: December 23, 2015 07:40PM

Come back, my Hawaiian friend.

Date: December 24, 2015 04:23AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But we can all agree on one thing which is far
> more important than either our last games or
> hoping the Patsies lose. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO BEAT
> THE PANTHERS BEFORE THE SEASON ENDS!

F**k. Right? So close a few times, they won't make it through the playoffs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 24, 2015 06:02AM

I'm aligning more and more with 808. Once my fantasy team got eliminated from the playoffs I didn't really even pay attention to football last weekend. Played with my kids instead of watching the 4pm embarrassment against SD and clearly missed nothing. I saw the only highlight (Ajayi TD run) online, which saved me 3.5 hours of irritation.

Date: December 24, 2015 11:03AM

I'm be 100% honest. Probably the only reason I'm still watching is its the only time I get the whole family together anymore. My dad's 82 and Sundays are just special. That Texans game was FUN!!! I know my Dolphins games with him are getting limited and I don't take any for granted. Go Miami in my house . Otherwise I'd probably just go to a movie myself. Damn you Ross!! You and that stupid logo!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 24, 2015 12:36PM

I'm sure that shiny new 75" TV makes it pretty easy to get the family together for those Dolphin games.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: December 24, 2015 02:39PM

70" actually ,smileys with beer. Yeah , the dolphins look great losing.I could see Dallas Thomas wiff every block in HD .sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2015 11:07AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 25, 2015 07:17AM

I hope the Panthers complete the perfect run. My feeling is that this team / organization still walks with a swagger every new season like it's 1973...and is cursed with that satisfaction. Get that monkey off our back. Maybe then winning NOW... will be the only focus.

Date: December 25, 2015 11:10AM

Sorry bro. Thats kind of a silly.Our Perfect team is all we have. That's it.
we are really a sad sad bunch.sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 25, 2015 11:42AM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 25, 2015 06:15PM

I want them to win. Every week. If they don't, maybe they will next week. The Dolphins are my team. No doubt.
Those of you who know me know I always have opinions on players. But there is never a doubt, the Miami Dolphins are my team.

Rick

Date: December 26, 2015 08:53AM

Well said 4545!!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 26, 2015 12:00PM

Date: December 26, 2015 12:28PM

Date: December 26, 2015 01:00PM

we need to lose these next 2 games end of story. it will be worth 10+ draft spots. So of course we will end up winning a snoozefest 15-14 vs the colts and their 3d string QB tomorrow. woo-hoo.
at this point draft day is way more exciting and than any gameday left, so I am pulling for the more interesting and important draft day.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.