HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill feud
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tannehill feud
Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 05, 2015 09:41AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill feud
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 05, 2015 09:49AM

the profootball post reported it was a full practice. Omar is twisting their story to get a reaction.

I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 05, 2015 10:03AM

Anything Omar writes you have to take with a grain of salt for sure... He has an agenda and doesnt care much about facts... I advise you to check out the twitter handle (Omar Kelly is wrong). It will enlighten you to how untruthful and wrong Omar is consistently...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 05, 2015 10:11AM

Date: October 05, 2015 10:20AM

The 2 originators of the story are Chris Mccain and Omar Kelly... The same Chris Mccain who got kicked off his college team for running his mouth and then got himself in trouble in the offseason for running his mouth about domestic violence... That is the guy who is the victim of Tannehill as reported by Omar?

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Oh Oh..........
Date: October 05, 2015 03:26PM

Posted by: Damn-U-Kong-93 ()
Date: October 05, 2015 05:48PM

I have lived many places. Five locations had 1 NFL team that the majority of fans cheered for: The first place I lived I was embarrassed about what happened. It's been so long and they really built a quality franchise that it is either so long ago the young fan base may not know many details; or all has been forgiven with very good FB being played in both cities AND Super Bowl Titles for each as well! Indianapolis was #1; I was 18-19 when the Mayflower Trucks rolled into the sleeping city. #2 was Cincinnati when Boomer took them too the SB, & they would have won if NT Tim Krumrie didn't get hurt. #3 was Vikings territory with a decent number of Cheese Heads. Still, the Purple People Eaters dominated. #4 was DOLPHIN TERRITORY!! #5 was NE Patriot grounds. I was often sick or in poor health while living there. I had trouble breathing; it was as if I had a large particle of dust resting on my ear drum causing me to be dizzy all the time. Seemed to argue & fight with the towns people quite often. I was living their to play golf(long story), and I swear they all cheated. Didn't count all their strokes. Playing winter rules when conditions were fine; rolling their ball over to a bit higher clump of grass. Plus, I heard they were using golf balls that had this super compression rubber inside which (say you swing your driver between 100 & 112 mph. Best bet for furthest drive would be a 100 compression ball. There are also 80's & 90's depending on your swing speed, your objective, etc.) produced a 125-130 compression when club hit ball at only 95 mph! They were cheating!
That's all bunk; just giving the AFC East Dynasty team a hard time! Oh shoot, they might read this and it will give them an advantage over us? Fired-up? Right now I'd say we're equal! "Honey, grab beer another of me those Dutch Genius, ok? Thanks!"
And #5, although I'm sure it used to be Dolphin territory, they really push Tampa hard! I'm closer to Miami, but I think because this is a gulf coast city, Tampa is the team(per imaginary NFL marketing regional rules??)
My whole point out of all my rambling is that in those 5 locations; except for 3 & 5 obviously, the local sports reporter, no matter the network(although national coverage has caused change) was biased toward the local team!
Since this is Civilized Discussion I will not go full tilt on O.Kelly. But I do not like close to 98% of his work. No matter what did or could have happened, it seems he will spin it a negative way for the Phins.
I think being truly honest, which lets face it, unless you are the PATs an NFL teams news will even out in the end. Not with Omar. I don't know why he works in Miami???

KNick637

Date: October 05, 2015 05:54PM

A reply to my my reply!

JUST WANT TO TELL ANYONE THAT HAS TRIED STRUGGLING THROUGH ONE OF MY THESIS, FROM NOW ON I AM MAKING A CONCERTED EFFORT TO WRITE MY REPLY'S JUST A BIT LONGER!!

REALLY! FROM NOW ON, MUCH SHORTER STUFF!! SORRY FOR THE BOOKS I HAVE PUT OUT THERE SO FAR!!

KNick637

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: October 05, 2015 08:12PM

Kelly is a Hack...people need to stop reading his fish wrapper.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 06, 2015 05:17AM

I HOPE this isn't true... Why doesn't he let go some of that on the opposing players who are intercepting his passes instead of his own practice squad...jeeez. But again lets just hope it's muck raking.

Posted by: CG ()
Date: October 06, 2015 06:01AM

I'm not sure why this is a major story but if it is then Campbell needs to handle this with Ryan. Basically, he needs to challenge Ryan because last year when Philbin challenged Ryan he improved over the year. He is one of those guys who if you're easy on him then he will be just be average.

Date: October 06, 2015 06:30AM

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 06, 2015 06:33AM

I think Mike silver and Jeff Darlington covered it pretty eloquently in a couple of tweets....

Mike Silver:

NFL players risk their health and safety...and some even have to contend with practice-field trash talk from the QB....The horror!

Let's all form a friendship circle and send our warmest thoughts to the Dolphins who ran to their agents for comfort.

Am I the only one who thinks this is funny? Are we worried that feelings were hurt?

Jeff Darlington:

So we're letting a 2nd hand blind quote from a reporter living in Houston dictate reputation of a person without a character blemish to date?

RE: Omar...Confirmed that with who? Nobody directly confirmed the "paycheck" quote. That's the issue with the story.

Good luck finding a player to corroborate that Tannehill said anything about a paycheck. during practice. You won't. Just an agent.

RE: tweet from fan saying Omar Kelly is reporting it....

Darlington replied: Oh...it must be true then!!!!

LOL

Here are the people involved....Chris McCain and Jonathan Dowling.

Dowling was waived by the Raiders for maturity issues.

McCain loafed all off season and ended up on the PS.

One of them ran crying to their agent to complain about getting dissed in practice. Poor baby. Maybe they should go hang out with Jonathan Martin.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 06, 2015 07:37AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> One of them ran crying to their agent to complain
> about getting dissed in practice.

And agents are the biggest liars of them all.

Date: October 06, 2015 07:50AM

JC Wrote:
> JoeFootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > One of them ran crying to their agent to
> complain
> > about getting dissed in practice.
>
>
> And agents are the biggest liars of them all.

That's almost as big of a PUSSY move as throwing your spaghetti on the wall at lunch and crying to Mommy. I tell you what......I respect that dude that punched out Geno smith more and more everyday. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 06, 2015 01:58PM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 06, 2015 02:46PM

Kinda of a non story practice jawing. Front office has more things to worry about. Looks like part of the program might be letting Tanne grow up. Right now he should be concentrating on raising his level to beating opposing defensive backfields over practice team players. Only embarrasment for him comes from this story (cannot even pass against practice squad players) let it pass appears to be the smart choice every one is making.

Date: October 06, 2015 03:25PM

It is interesting that Kouffman is implying what got said was twisted and spread by Miko Grimes to Omar Kelly and Chris Mccain's agent. Chris Mccain and Miko Grimes are the 2 biggest loose cannons associated with the Dolphins.... One is a soon to be felon who was arrested at the stadium for assaulting a police officer and the other was thrown off his college team for conduct detrimental to the team... I think we might need to cut weight with Brent Grimes next year because he clearly cannot control his woman... She is a nightmare and B Grimes is actually one of my favorite players on the team.. But he just isnt worth the baggage and distractions he allows his wife to bring to the team and organization... And Mccain needs to be shown the door as well...

Nietzsche

Date: October 06, 2015 04:13PM

Date: October 06, 2015 04:13PM

Date: October 06, 2015 04:27PM

I actually like the practice squads attitude after reading that story. Tone it down, right, for the hot shot guy making the big bucks Im revvving it up. I don't blame the practice squad for that one and then uniting and raising the heat after Tanne threw the first punch. The starters should have been taking notes from these guys.

That's the attitude I think Campbell wants.

Date: October 06, 2015 04:39PM

I agree. At work they make us train like we would fight. Only way to be successful. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger. Unless its something completely new your trying to figure out , but I don't see that as the case in week 4........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 06, 2015 04:58PM

It was reported to be a walk through not a regular practice.. And Chris McCain was jumping into break up plays in a walk through.. He was being disruptive just to be an ass after being reprimanded by Philbin it continued. The finsiders dedicated probably 20 minutes of their show today stating what were the facts of the story and what were rumors...

Nietzsche

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 06, 2015 05:06PM

That's what I heard too. It was a half speed, non contact walk-through with an unwritten rule of no interceptions and no hot dogging.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: October 06, 2015 05:31PM

Still like the how the scout team united behind there man after Tanne thru down the guantlet. 1st team O should have united behind Tanne and got things straight. Lack of leadership all around when the scout team has influence on the practice field.

Date: October 06, 2015 05:47PM

How do you know the 1st team offensive didn't unite behind Tannehill? The only people that talked about it were supposedly the 2 biggest head cases associated with our organization Chris McCain and Miko Grimes... Both with an agenda... It doesn't sound like it was really a big deal, a non story as you put it Mizzou... It is only out and described to the media because of the 2 head cases with an agenda.. That is the story 2 me, having 2 people close to the team with an agenda to create a distraction and trash Tannehill... One a soon to be felon and the other a guy who went undrafted after getting thrown off his college team for conduct detrimental to the team... You are glad the worst players on our team rallied behind the head case being disruptive? Yeah that is great... SMH.... Thanks god we got rid of a coach that couldn't control his practice in order to make it productive... Instead letting a head case who is mostly inactive ruin it for the guys that actually play on game day... McCain doesn't care he doesn't actually have to worry about playing on game day...

Nietzsche

Date: October 06, 2015 06:55PM

I'm just so glad Philbin is gone. I feel like I just took a huge dump, 10 pds lighter

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 07, 2015 01:49AM

mizzou15,

I agree with what you said, WAIT! I agree with what I think you said? Letting TANN Grow-up?

Do you think/feel part of letting him grow-up is becoming a leader on the Practice Field First; For instance; I've never really seen him ANGRY! Seeing RED!(not that that makes anyone better except McEnroe) But being his 4th year, he is still getting pounded back there!!! I don't want him to do a Jay Cutler on us, but some anger at players who are supposed to be protecting the Franchise Player!

You know Brady wouldn't take it; Marino wouldn't. I'm not saying I am right, but for the TANN haters/dislikers, what happens when we trade him to a team that protects him? What player doesn't love coming back to their roots & pulling a Charles Clay on his former team & fans(that was 5 catches; TANN would have 4 quarters to stand in a protected pocket & throw a deep ball, unhindered!)??

I don't want to find out if he can do it for any team other than Miami.

KNick637

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 07, 2015 12:21PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Kinda of a non story practice jawing. Front office
> has more things to worry about. Looks like part of
> the program might be letting Tanne grow up. Right
> now he should be concentrating on raising his
> level to beating opposing defensive backfields
> over practice team players. Only embarrasment for
> him comes from this story (cannot even pass
> against practice squad players) let it pass
> appears to be the smart choice every one is
> making.

My understanding is that when the play(s) didn't go according to plan, Philbin had them run it again. The DB, of course, knew the play and jumped it. The D was told to tone it down, as this is practice and the offense is trying to get the play right and the timing down. No time for the DBs to try to make a name for themselves.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 07, 2015 01:02PM

I don't understand, Cap. Maybe I got what you said wrong. Did you say that they were running plays and the defense was told to tone it down to allow the offense to get the play and timing right????

If so, that does not seem wise to me.

The other teams aren't gonna let up to let you get it right.

Now if it's a matter of no contact, that's one thing. You shouldn't be making contact on no contact drills.

but to say that the opposition shouldn't jump routes or for that matter, for the offense to hold back running a play that tests the defense,...for GodSakes! No wonder we suck.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.