HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bills @ Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bills @ Dolphins
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 24, 2015 06:23AM

Is this the week we bounce back? Another late game angry smiley

Cam Wake: Ham
Branden Albert: Ham
Reshad Jones: Ham
Lamar Miller: Ankle
Jordan Cameron: Groin

Bills injuries:

DeSean Jackson: Ham
Percy Harvin: Hip
Aaron Williams: Neck
Dan Carpenter: Abdomen
Jerry Hughes: Ribs

So we could be without a few of our best players as we get Dion Sims back. If Miller cannot play we our starter at RB in D. Williams. Yikes. Jonas gray likely but we may end up passing all day long with quick strikes. Not a good team to try and establish the run. Could possibly see D Williams very involved in the passing game.

Mismatches: Incognito vs Mitchell, Fox vs Hughes, basically their entire front 4 vs our entire front 5.

So many unfounded reports this week.

Unfounded Rumors:

1 Suh was improvising

2 Suh is frustrated by Coyles complicated scheme. So he simplified it and it's still too complicated? I don't see it. Suh lines up off the RG on every play.

Coyle needs to stop with the predictable defense and move Suh around a bit. Mess with their game plan although the Buffalo strong side is actually a weak point.

Last meeting in Miami we won 22-9

Tannehill: 26/34, 240 yards, 2 TD's

Lamar Miller: Averaged 5.7 ypc and the team rushed for 125 yards.

Mitchell and Vernon each had a sack.

Mario Williams had 3.5 sacks. Bills had 5 total.

Miami D yielded only 3 FG's.

I really want this W. Jets next week in London.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bills @ Dolphins
Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 24, 2015 07:00AM

I thought Suh was freelancing a bit. There were a couple of instances where he aligned shifted over center on Mitchell's side so we had overload on right side of dline, 3 linemen right of center. And he danced there before the snap, moving from right to left to right to left to right shoulder of center. When the ball was snapped he was on the overload side. I can see how that would confuse a linebacker if one of them had gap assignment.

Bigger problem is effort. A lot of guys are not playing with good effort. I thought our LB were the best unit on defense, they showed most effort. That's encouraging.

On Dline, Vernon is apathetic. Wake had decent pressures in first game, but Shelby is better in pursuit. Shelby was hesitant in pass rush.
A lot of guys are playing with hesitation which makes their play choppy, inconsistent.
Suh and Vernon were probably our two worsts players on defense showing very little effort.

Date: September 24, 2015 07:12AM

How in the world could you possibly know that Suh was freelancing? Are you privy to the defensive calls? What his assignment was?

Date: September 24, 2015 07:29AM

Because it's out of ordinary, it stands out, it's not something we do.

And second, no one else was on the same page with that alignment on each of the instances Suh did that.
Normally, when there are d linemen overloading on one side of center it signals a stunt because there will be a lane on the other side of center, and there was in each instance, because our 3 d linemen are driving half of the oline to one side. Not one player was ready to stunt and attack the line with a blitz.

Obviously, you can argue that's something new we do, Suh did the right thing, and everyone else is an idiot. But that is just unreasonable to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 07:37AM by thegreathoo.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 24, 2015 07:37AM

Recorded the Jags game and have watched the first 3 quarters again--4th left to go. What I noticed was--

Suh wasn't double teamed and was opposed and repeatedly stopped by one offensive lineman. Suh's effort appeared to be genuine, that is, not just going through the motions like a rehearsal, but an honest effort. His opponent played very well or Suh isn't the same Suh we saw in Detroit.

It's only the second game with the Bills next so hopefully, Suh settles in and starts showing some dominance. Watching him as I did I couldn't tell if he was ignoring Coyle's calls or not. He was clearly not in top form.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 07:42AM

ProFootballTalk ?@ProFootballTalk 15m15 minutes ago
Branden Albert remains out of practice Thursday

We are Fkd

Date: September 24, 2015 07:43AM

Tannehill will not last entire game if fox starts at LT.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 24, 2015 09:20AM

I don't see us winning this game.

Date: September 24, 2015 10:16AM

I'm curious to see if the closer stands make the crowd louder on the field. I know it will be better when the canopy goes on.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 24, 2015 12:39PM

To my fellow sports investors, take the orange and aqua guys in this match up. smileys with beer

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:14PM

LOL. "Investors." Best of Luck, Toko.....errrrr.....with the Stock Exchange located in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Date: September 25, 2015 04:51AM

Date: September 25, 2015 05:22AM

Another question this week:

Do we put a spy in the box on Tyrod Taylor? And who would that be?

Date: September 25, 2015 05:27AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another question this week:
>
> Do we put a spy in the box on Tyrod Taylor? And
> who would that be?

As porous as our run defense is...........If we don't , then we will get blasted.

Date: September 25, 2015 05:45AM

Our front 7 is too talented and too proud to let this go on much further.

Suh knows the Bills have two of the best DT's in the league. One who just got paid more than Suh (guaranteed money). NS will be out to prove he is the best.

Wake has been limited by a hamstring injury but hopefully the rest last week will help him out.

I think we have the advantage on two mismatches this week on the right side of Buffalo's O-line.

Wake vs 2nd year, Seantrel Henderson and Suh vs rookie 3r round pick, John Miller.

Mitchell is injured and may receive fewer snaps, giving Phillips and Mosley more playing time. I think this is a good thing. They have the better size and strength to match up with Richie, IMO.

Vernon had 1 hit and 2 hurries last week and hopefully is feeling healthier. He and Fede have their work cut out for them this week vs Cordy Glenn.

Our OLB's have been very active but with improved DL play I think they start making more plays/turnovers instead of just racking up tackles.

Date: September 25, 2015 06:45AM

Seantrel owned Wake last year. That's another Hickey's blunder. We took James in rd1 and Henderson was a 6th rounder. Hickey took Matt Hazel and Jordan Tripp and Arthur Lynch and Billy Turner in that range. SMH.
I have no confidence in the pass rush, especially with the need to contain Tyrod and stop McCoy, pass rush may not even be critical.

Date: September 25, 2015 06:48AM

I dont expect for the game to even be close this sunday.

They just have a way better team than us.

Date: September 25, 2015 07:06AM

Jerome Boger is the official.
Week 1, Jets 4 penalties, Browns 11
Week 2, Cards 8, Bears 14.

It will be lopsided, one team will be favored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 07:07AM by thegreathoo.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 25, 2015 07:42AM

Hate to say it this early on but this game is a bellwether. Buffalo is a young team on the upswing, we are SUPPOSED to be too. After two sputtering performances against average (at best) teams, if we come out flat, ill prepared and don't execute AGAIN...well that may be the season.

Date: September 25, 2015 08:10AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
> Seantrel owned Wake last year.

Wake sprained his ACL in the first game which bothered him until week 8. He also wasn't "owned". Not registering a sack does not mean he didn't get pressure because he did. Seantrel was also helped by TE's and RB's. That freed up Mitchell and Vernon to make the sacks. He may not get the help this time around. Hopefully Wake is healthy.

That's another
> Hickey's blunder. We took James in rd1 and
> Henderson was a 6th rounder. Hickey took Matt
> Hazel and Jordan Tripp and Arthur Lynch and Billy
> Turner in that range. SMH.
> I have no confidence in the pass rush, especially
> with the need to contain Tyrod and stop McCoy,
> pass rush may not even be critical.

Blunder is a little strong. He dropped to 6 for a reason. That means lots of teams passed. I seem to remember he has some off field issues.

Date: September 25, 2015 09:29AM

This is not looking good for our pass protection.

We will likely be without Albert with Fox as the replacement and no blocking TE's. Cameron and Sims may be out but JC will likely give it a go. Whether or not he finishes the game is another story.

However, we were without Albert last year when we beat the Jills in Miami. This is what we had....

LT James, Ja'Wuan
LG COLLEDGE, DARYN
C SATELE, SAMSON
RG Pouncey, Mike
RT Thomas, Dallas

Maybe we will need to bring in an extra lineman to block? or have Damien Williams and Jonas Gray in the backfield blocking. They better have a backup plan. 3 RB's active.

Linkenbach and Turner were inactive last week.

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 09:33AM

Rex Ryan is very quiet this week about bad mouthing the phins. You just know he must be confident about beating them. He does not want to give up any bulletin board material maybe that's why he is quiet.. We shall see Rex, we shall see.

Date: September 25, 2015 09:46AM

Date: September 25, 2015 11:20AM

I don't know what that means....

Date: September 25, 2015 12:49PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:07PM

I believe we have more talent than the Bills, it's just that they may have better coaching. I do think that motivation trumps coaching though. The guys are angry and hungry and at home defending their reps.

Date: September 25, 2015 04:06PM

Bills have one of the best rosters in football and certainly better than ours, it's not close.
It looks pretty bad on Rex to get blown out at home like that by the Pats with a better roster.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 25, 2015 05:58PM

One of the best rosters in football?eye rolling smiley

Date: September 25, 2015 10:00PM

Best roster, and Rex has coached in the AFCE for years, facing NE twice a year, and he still got blown out at home, with that defense. Not a good look for him.

Date: September 26, 2015 07:21AM

captkoi Wrote:
> I don't see us winning this game.

Unfortunately .......I feel the same way. But instead of turning the channel I have to endure it from the 6th row from the field. sad smiley

I have a friend who has season tickets , 6th row in the corner were the Dolphins exit onto the field from the tunnel. His wife just gave birth so I bought the tickets a few weeks ago when they looked like a playoff caliber team on Paper.

God I hope they turn up this game against Iggy and Rex. eye rolling smiley

But I think they are looking to injure Ryan. That's how those two roll.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.