HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Arizona now asking for a 2nd for A. Boldin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Arizona now asking for a 2nd for A. Boldin
Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: April 24, 2009 11:14AM

This is worth it,by far..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Arizona now asking for a 2nd for A. Boldin
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: April 24, 2009 11:21AM

The idea of a 2nd for Boldin sounds good, but what about the $$$. Wouldn't we have to deal with giving the guy some outrageous contract (you know, the whole reason he wants to leave AZ)? Parcell's doesn't seem too keen on delving out big money. Shoot, he wouldn't even throw a few more bucks to keep Andre' Goodman with the team thus leaving us with a pretty dicey CB situation to figure out. Of course, generally, Boldin would be worth paying for as opposed to Goodman given the high returns of the former, but I still think the big contract desire might be an issue. Just my opinion

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 24, 2009 11:35AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 24, 2009 12:24PM

Darn it I made the same thread my bad.

Date: April 24, 2009 12:27PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If by a "few more bucks" to Andre Goodman you mean
> about $2.5 a year for 5 years and an adition
> $8mill guaranteed then you are right, but I don't
> think that's what you meant.

That's exactly what I meant. A contract that would constitute "a few more bucks" in comparison to what we would have to shell out for Boldin. (Such as your proposed 5 year 7-8 million dollar deal, which may not even be enough for what he wants)) Not "a few more bucks" more in comparison to the contract we already had with him. Clearly he got a paid a lot more than he was getting.

And like I said, I understand the difference in returns in regards to what you'd be getting for the money in comparison to the two players. I'm just saying, in pure numbers, re-singing Goodman to those figures still constitutes a much much smaller contract than Boldin would require. And other weighting factors aside, a refusal to pay a pretty productive player in Goodman a contract that while bigger, would pale in comparison to Boldin's demands doesn't make it seem likely that the FO would shell out that kind of money for the guy especially when they seem focused on youth and building through the draft.

I hope that made sense. It sounded convoluted to me even after I re-read myself

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 24, 2009 01:41PM

Date: April 24, 2009 03:09PM

alright, point taken

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 24, 2009 03:17PM

For one of our second round picks, what do you think Boldin is worth in $$$$$$ contract. I agree the money he wants, is not worth it at all especially from this regime. I think if Rosenhaus can convice Boldin to take 5 or 6, which is possible because this is where he wants to play. I am a little concerned about these hip issues that have come out about. It scares me that this issues is why Arizona is not offering him a new contract

So Boldin for a second with an arranged contract of 5 or 6 and a full medical clearance by top notch Dr's not Sabans Dr that chose Culpepper over Brees..............crying

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 24, 2009 04:08PM

Coles signed a 4 year/28 mil deal which was WAY more than he is worth.

Holt signed a 3 year/20 mil which isn't too bad for a WR of his caliber but a little high considering age and injuries.

I'd say Bolding is worth about 7 million a year but will probably get around 8.5 mil.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.