Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL=WWF
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL=WWF
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: January 04, 2015 02:42PM

How does Morelli pick up that flag. what a joke....game are so fixed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:27AM

the lions have every right to be pi$$ed. that cost them the game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:28AM

Yeah, the minute that call was made I thought Dallas was in real trouble.

Picking up the flag changed the whole game. And there was no explanation on why.

The refs have sucked for the most part all year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:09PM

I would really have felt bad about the outcome of that game if it weren't for their dirty player (Suh). Hopefully the Pack will mop the floor with the Cowboys and all will be forgotten.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 05, 2015 07:54PM

FK YOU REFS!!! YOU FKNG CHEATERS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 05, 2015 08:56PM

chatafkup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FK YOU REFS!!! YOU FKNG CHEATERS!

You ain't seen NOTHING YET! Wait till New England plays. That game will make that seem like nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 07, 2015 09:10AM

I'm really confused now about what PI really is in the NFL.

One of the explanations that was given about it not being PI is that in the NFL, there is no face guarding. There isn't? Then why is it continually mentioned on broadcasts that because the defender never turned around, it is PI; if he had just turned and looked for the ball it would have been a good defensive play?

Along with that, Dallas' defender had reached in (before the ball got there) and pretty much had ahold of the receiver's right arm for long enough to where he couldn't reach out for the ball.

As ticky-tacky as the NFL has been this year about touching a receiver past five yards, for them to pick up the flag was puzzling.

As far as that call determining the outcome of the game, I must disagree. There was still over 8 minutes left in the game. I would say that the shanked punt that went only ten yards may have had a lot to do with it.

I would never say that a referee's call had an outcome on the game, unless it was in the last two minutes with a team driving down the field.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL=WWF
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 07, 2015 09:24AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm really confused now about what PI really is in
> the NFL.
>
> One of the explanations that was given about it
> not being PI is that in the NFL, there is no face
> guarding. There isn't? Then why is it continually
> mentioned on broadcasts that because the defender
> never turned around, it is PI; if he had just
> turned and looked for the ball it would have been
> a good defensive play?
>
> Along with that, Dallas' defender had reached in
> (before the ball got there) and pretty much had
> ahold of the receiver's right arm for long enough
> to where he couldn't reach out for the ball.
>
> As ticky-tacky as the NFL has been this year about
> touching a receiver past five yards, for them to
> pick up the flag was puzzling.

RESPONSE: You and the rest of the world on all of the above, Cap.

Like you say, it's basically confusion written down as a rule.

To me, what difference does it make ANYWAY, whether the defender is looking back at the ball or not?

They're saying (the rules themselves, not just this case) that if a defender has his back to the ball but his head turned around and he is right behind the receiver and there is NO WAY THEREFORE that the receiver can catch the ball, there is no penalty.


YET if his head is NOT turned around and he is right behind the receiver and there is NO WAY THEREFORE that the receiver can catch the ball, there IS a penalty.

Even though the fact that the defender's head is turned around has NOTHING IN PHYSICS TO DO WITH THE ABILITY OF THE RECEIVER TO CATCH THE BALL.

So my problem is that I can't get to the point where makes any sense to discuss the application of the rule in any particular instance because the rule itself is so silly.

The rule is basically written so that there has to be intent to interfere but allows for the faking of the LACK OF INTENT.

In order to make sense, the rule should be written so that there is no intent required so that as long as you interfere, that is is. The ONE POSSIBLE EXCEPTION should be if the ball is clearly underthrown OR where the receiver, in the opinion of the refs, himself created the contact.

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.