HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My draft plan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My draft plan
Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 07:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My draft plan
Date: April 13, 2009 08:06AM

I forgot to mention that we do need a Fullback. Conredge Collins from Pitt should be able to get the job done.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 13, 2009 08:39AM

How is Crowder going to move to the outside? An outside LB in a 4-3 translates to an ILB in a 3-4. Just because they are both called OLB's, does not mean they are the same position.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 13, 2009 08:40AM

Why cant he play outside, opposite of Porter?

Posted by: rex8 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 08:51AM

I like your plan

Date: April 13, 2009 08:56AM

thanks.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 09:46AM

ROBISKIE is NOT the BIGGEST WR in the draft.

Ramses Barden and Greg Carr are 6'6, Kelly from Clemson is 6'5... or were you speaking figuratively.

So your plan... draft and ILB(plan A) or a CB (plan cool smiley, Rey OR vONTAE?

plan B also includes drafting CLAY MATHEWS in the 2nd round???

my plan is better.

Date: April 13, 2009 10:10AM

stupid realy why all three of your picks will be gone, and for robiskie? either cowboys most likely the bears, will get him because they dont have a true number one, and i bet the bears with there first pick being in the second round will nab him. and i see dallas trading to pick up a lber, who not sure but they will, and vontae? i think if we dont trade or move up or down will be him as our first or like ive been saying all along clay mathews.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:06AM

Here is how I see things happening with our first 5 picks

25- Laurinaitis-ILB
44- S.Smith-CB
56- D.Williams-WR
87- T.Green-OL
108- C.Baker-NT
Covers all needs and gets us younger

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:52AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is Crowder going to move to the outside? An
> outside LB in a 4-3 translates to an ILB in a 3-4.
> Just because they are both called OLB's, does not
> mean they are the same position.

More or less. Junior Seau played OLB in both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses.

Date: April 13, 2009 12:37PM

cdaphins, i like your choices except instead of a wr as your third replace that with pat white.

Date: April 13, 2009 12:45PM

There a lot of people in the draft. Everybody doesn't have the same needs as us. I doubt that all of my people will be gone. I also said that Plan B we draft Matthews after Davis. Plan B is only if Plan A doesnt work where we take Maualuga or Lauranitis first. If they are both gone then you have to go to plan b.

Date: April 13, 2009 04:11PM

montequi Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How is Crowder going to move to the outside?
> An
> > outside LB in a 4-3 translates to an ILB in a
> 3-4.
> > Just because they are both called OLB's, does
> not
> > mean they are the same position.
>
> More or less. Junior Seau played OLB in both 4-3
> and 3-4 defenses.

Seau originally played and did all his damage as an ILB in SD's 3-4 defense then projected to OLB in Miami's 4-3 defense.

He played ILB in New Englands 3-4 defense and was moved for one season or 4 games to OLB to fill a need for injured Adalius THomas in 08.

And I don't think anyone would confuse Channing Crowder with Junior Seau.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 13, 2009 04:55PM

You keep criticizing that an inside linebacker cant play outside. But you never said why you dont think Crowder can play outside and why isn't it a good idea to put him in a position where he can be more dangerous.

Date: April 13, 2009 06:45PM

I'm not criticizing, just relaying what I hear from NFL people. Typically a 4-3 OLB translates to a 3-4 ILB. A 4-3 DE sometimes can translate to a 3-4 OLB but sometimes not.

I don't know that CC can't make the switch. I just know it is improbable because he has never been known for his pass rush skills. He was known as a run and chase LB'er. A sideline to sideline player. You just don't wake up one day and change your skills and decide to become a pass rusher.

I think he needs to prove he can be dangerous at a position he is comfortable and familiar with. He is a good player but he needs to get better so he can stop thinking and start reacting so he can make some big plays.

He is in his 3rd year in the 3-4 and maybe he is starting to gain some of those instincts. Why start all over at a new position? Heck, why not move him to Tight End? Well, because he doesn't know the intricacies of the position.

It doesn't really matter because SIP has never once said anything about moving him and I serioously doubt they ever will.

Date: April 14, 2009 02:36AM

Crowder will play best in the same position that Ayodele is in (SILcool smiley. That's what he played along-side Zach when we lined up in a 3-4 when Dom Capers was our DC. Zach played best at WILB, when he could roam free and use his instincts to make plays. Crowder often takes bad angles from that position. He's also the signal caller right now, but I don't think he excels at that.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 15, 2009 05:30AM

Didn't Crowder play OLB in college?

Anyway, I haven't heard any talk about moving him, and the trifecta moved everyone around when they first got here to see where everyone fits. If that was a better option they'd probably already have done it.

Interesting post Kfresh. a few comments:

Plan A:

Maualuga is out of the question unless we traded up, which I wish we would do. Lauranitis may not be there at 25, and I don't know how interested the Dolphins are in him. Robiskie I like, but not love. Yes, he'll be there in round two, and we'll probably draft him. Kevin Barnes is fine. So to rework your mock, maybe pick up an OLB in the first round, so that it looks like this: Stintim/Robiskie/Barnes.

Plan B:

Vontae Davis won't be there at 25, and I don't think we're keying on him anyway. I'd say maybe Darius Butler instead. Clay Matthews won't be available in the 2nd round. He probably won't even be available in the first for us. You also have Ron Brace falling too far. So to rework your mock: Butler/Robiskie/Brace. (Although, Brace could be taken from us late in the 2nd). You also mentioned filling an OLB spot in this mock, and after 3 of your needs filled, we're into the 3rd round for OLB. That would give us Paul Kruger or Lawrence Sidbury. NOT A BAD MOCK AT ALL!

smileys with beer

Date: April 15, 2009 07:51AM

Mayock says there are questions as to whether Mathews and Cushing can be 3 down players. He said Cushing is a def. 1st and 2nd down player but not so much a 3rd down player and Mathews could be the best nickle LB'er in the draft but no so much on 1st and 2nd.

If you could combine them, you could have a great LB.

This drops their value IMO but it will depend on individual teams and how they have them rated.

and let me reiterate...OLB in a 3-4 is not the same as OLB in a 3-4....in case someone missed it....the last 45 times.

Date: April 15, 2009 12:02PM

I believe we have 2 second round picks also. Am I right? If so, we can definitely get some good talent.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 15, 2009 02:53PM

Date: April 15, 2009 04:08PM

LOL

Date: April 15, 2009 05:50PM

>
> and let me reiterate...OLB in a 3-4 is not the
> same as OLB in a 3-4....in case someone missed
> it....the last 45 times.

you just said x does not equal x. did you mean olb in a 3-4 is not the same as olb in a 4-3. Outside Linebacker is outside linebacker.

Date: April 15, 2009 06:25PM

Kfresh01 Wrote:
> >
> > and let me reiterate...OLB in a 3-4 is not the
> > same as OLB in a 3-4....in case someone missed
> > it....the last 45 times.
>
>
> you just said x does not equal x. did you mean olb
> in a 3-4 is not the same as olb in a 4-3. Outside
> Linebacker is outside linebacker.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read on this board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.