HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You know who stinks?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
You know who stinks?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 27, 2014 01:43AM

Brian Hartline. I am not sure what happened to this guy, but he is horrible this year. His only 2 strengths were

1. Precise route running which allowed separation

and

2. His great hands

Both of those have been terrible this year, so he is ultimately ineffective & a bad player

Phins need to go with Matthews, Landry, and Wallace as the base 3 starting WR's.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You know who stinks?
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:06AM

Those passes to him were not the best. but, I agree he seems to have slipped a notch.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:27AM

Thanks for posting this. I was about to swing by just to bitch about how awful Hartline is in this offense.

Joe Philbin is digging his own coaching grave by continuing to put this bum on the field.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:55AM

If one of his drops was the 20ish yard pass over the middle it was at his feet. Tannehill HAS to make a better throw there.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 27, 2014 04:05AM

That's what happens when RT gets anxious. Getting sacked right off the bat from up the middle did not help. We need guards in a bad way. The line could go from adequate to dominant if we can find two of them. Protection was breaking down all day...limited throwing lanes.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 05:14AM

When the offensive line is doing its job (that means everyone on it) Tannehill succeeds. When the O-line is porous, our QB and receivers have a tough day.

++++++
Next Sunday:

The biggest problem playing SD next Sunday is keeping them from scoring at will. So, our defense and special teams must bring their "A" game. The offense needs to run the ball to open up the pass. The o-line needs to win up front.

Tannehill has to be very mobile. He needs to run the ball when lanes open up to keep the SD Defense lead footed. Clay, Landry and Wallace need to run good routes and make yards after the catch. If we can score first with a TD, (not a FG) we're a different team to play against. We need to have long ground pounding drives to control time of possession and put the monkey on the backs of SD.

I know, easier said then done. If we can beat SD on their turf, we'll have a 3 game momentum (confidence builder) going for us.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 05:22AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
> I know, easier said then done. If we can beat SD
> on their turf, we'll have a 3 game momentum
> (confidence builder) going for us.

We play home against san diego.

Need to be on our A game to have a shot. San Diego is not jacksonville.

We didn't even have to beat jacksonville. They beat themselves.

Even at home i have a bad feeling against san diego just like i had against the packers.

Date: October 27, 2014 06:19AM

Chargers are 5-3 but coming off of two straight losses. They lost to Denver, AZ & KC. Most of their wins were against bad to mediocre teams like Jax, Jets and Raiders but they did beat Buffalo 22-10.

I think we match up ok with teams like SD. It's the teams with disruptive DT's that give us trouble up the middle. SD has a pretty good 3-4 DE in Liuget but Kendall Reys on the other side is a liability. Their NT, Lissemore is just average and the ILB's are not good at all.

Their CB's are pretty good but Verrett got hurt last week. Weddle is a very good FS.

We beat Chicago, came within one play of beating GB. The teams that just outright whipped us were Buffalo and KC. Best big men in the business in the middle of the defense. We struggled with Jax because of Sen'Derrick Marks who is also excellent.

One other thing in our favor is that we do well against west coast teams when they travel to the east coast.

My biggest worries for the remaining games are Detroit, Baltimore and Denver. (Baltimore is the only home game)

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 27, 2014 07:15AM

Jax also has pretty good outside rushers. That was one reason RT couldn't run more than he did. There were a few times in the game yesterday where he tried to aviod the outside rush and stepped right into the interior guys for sacks.

RT is fine when given time (true for most QB as well) Our play selection also hurts him quite a bit too. We run routes all too often that take time to develop and we stick with that even when the O-LIne is not blocking well...the coaches have to adapt and account for games like yesterday mush quicker during the game.

We should have been in the hurry up from the second drive of the first quarter to counter thier very agressive pass rush at least until the point we could establish the running game.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 27, 2014 07:19AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Those passes to him were not the best. but, I
> agree he seems to have slipped a notch.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
The dude has a 30 or 40 MILLION DOLLAR contract, he's an NFL, PROFESSIONAL, WR....MAKE THE CATCHES THAT HIT BOTH YOUR HANDS

I watched WR's all day yesterday catch passes from NFL QB's that were WAAAYYYY worse than the ones thrown to Hartline.

Hartline is garbage, bottom line.

He cant separate, he cant catch.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 27, 2014 08:10AM

I like Hartline and wouldn't call him garbage. He is struggling. It happens to the best of them.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 27, 2014 08:39AM

IMHO He is now being asked to do what Bess did, over the middle, 'hands' guy, possession receiver. It's just not his game. Our current receiver corp just don't compliment each other very well...again IMO.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:00AM

Tannehill is just not a good pocket passer. That's it. He'll occasionally complete a pass but more likely he'll either get sacked or throw a bad ball. He occasionally will throw a ball that a receiver will drop. So will the best of the QBs. But his misses are more than his drops. He needs to run his plays almost exclusively out of the option where he himself has more confidence. In the pocket, he looks and acts like a scared rabbit.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:21AM

colonel Wrote:
> When the offensive line is doing its job (that
> means everyone on it) Tannehill succeeds. When the
> O-line is porous, our QB and receivers have a
> tough day.
>
> ++++++
> Next Sunday:
>
> The biggest problem playing SD next Sunday is
> keeping them from scoring at will. So, our
> defense and special teams must bring their "A"
> game. The offense needs to run the ball to open up
> the pass. The o-line needs to win up front.
>
> Tannehill has to be very mobile. He needs to run
> the ball when lanes open up to keep the SD Defense
> lead footed. Clay, Landry and Wallace need to run
> good routes and make yards after the catch. If we
> can score first with a TD, (not a FG) we're a
> different team to play against. We need to have
> long ground pounding drives to control time of
> possession and put the monkey on the backs of SD.
>
>
> I know, easier said then done. If we can beat SD
> on their turf, we'll have a 3 game momentum
> (confidence builder) going for us.

On any given Sunday, but Colonel....

I live in San Diego and have watched the San Diego Chargers. Their strength is Miami's weakness; our pass defense. Yeah, yeah, I know what our DBs did Sunday, but that was against Jax and a rookie QB.

Rivers is a very hot QB; has been and will continue to be in the running for MVP. He finds receivers where there are no receivers to be found. Miami has trouble with TEs...guess who plays for the Chargers? Floyd is a 6'5" WR who makes acrobatic catches all over the field. Our DBs are how tall? Allen makes plays consistently. Their D is good enough.

Again, on any given Sunday, but Miami has a nightmare of a November coming up. Be extremely lucky to win one game.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 09:21AM

Date: October 27, 2014 10:11AM

I'm not sure I buy any of that. When has Tannehill had a pocket to step up into on a consistent basis? You are not stepping up anywhere when 300 lb tackles are getting a free run up the middle. First sack this week happened in 2.4 seconds.

How many games have we given up a sack on the first series? It happened on the first play of the game vs Chicago and again on the first series vs Jax...twice.

Can't be a pocket QB? Whatever that means I guess. He showed what he is capable of when he gets protection and benefits from proper play calling. Two weeks in a row the o-line has started out bad and RT got in a groove shortly after running the ball to soften up the defense. Is that a coincidence? Probably not...so why haven't they done it earlier and more often?

Tannehill went 16 of 16 vs the Bears. Yes, he got out of the pocket on occasion but he was primarily throwing from the pocket....SO he can do it. He also went something like 13 of 13 at one point in another game this year. I've often seen him go on streaks like this.

Give him some consistent play around him and only then will you see what he can or cannot do.

The fact is our WR corp is over rated. Every one of them have there own deficiencies and none are franchise material. The FO would be better off to find some bigger bodied receivers with a larger catching radius. None are great at one particular thing and ALL are wildly inconsistent.

I like the way Wallace is playing this year but I would much rather have gotten a guy like Vincent Jackson. If we weren't still trying to find linemen after 7 years of draft picks and FA's, we could have drafted a WR like Kelvin Benjamin.

This team still has holes. Get two legit guards and a true #1 WR and we are much more dangerous.

RT also needs to play better.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 27, 2014 10:35AM

Joe, if you give Tannehill Greise's offense Langer, Little, Evans, Moore, Kuchenberg, etc., he would not get sacked but he would MISS his receivers because he can't throw (obviously absolutes are hard to talk in but I'm talking generalities) I repeat, he is not good at throwning FROM THE POCKET but....the good news is that HE IS A DEADLY ACCURATE PASSER WHEN THROWING WHILE ON THE RUN.

This will never dawn on wooden-head Philbin but those instances you were talking about where Tanny had success both this game and last was when he was OUT of the pocket.

Date: October 27, 2014 10:53AM

I just dont think he is very accurate period. he halfs halfs and maybe a game here and there where he is accurate, but not consistant.

It is hard for me to fault a WR headed in one direction and the ball thrown behind him even if he is able to stop enough to get a hand on the ball.

The one at his shin was not a drop.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 11:00AM

i agree tannehill is better on the run...Much Much better.

They need to keep designing plays for tannehill to run and pass on the run..

Teams still havent been able to figure out tannehill while doing play option where he either hands it to the rb or keeps it and runs himself...

No too easy to defend.

Thats like a mini wildcat.

Date: October 27, 2014 11:06AM

problem with that is you cut the field in half.

he was back to locking on receivers yesterday, that is troubling.

Date: October 27, 2014 11:10AM

Those passes were more then adequate thrown to him. I guess now they have to be in a perfect 16 inch circle to his chest to be catchable? Bullshit . F him and his new Ferrari. He couldn't catch Ebola .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 02:19PM

part of the problem is tannehill can't throw it deep It shortens the field and clogs the middle so he doesn't have a very big window to throw it in.

He has horrible pocket presence. He needs to move in the pocket to find throwing lanes. Way too many batted down passes.

You can move the pocket on every pass play. D's will pick up on that pretty quickly. They need to spread it out and run misdirection plays. Get chunk yards like that.

Date: October 27, 2014 02:19PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Joe, if you give Tannehill Greise's offense
> Langer, Little, Evans, Moore, Kuchenberg, etc., he
> would not get sacked but he would MISS his
> receivers because he can't throw (obviously
> absolutes are hard to talk in but I'm talking
> generalities) I repeat, he is not good at
> throwning FROM THE POCKET but....the good news is
> that HE IS A DEADLY ACCURATE PASSER WHEN THROWING
> WHILE ON THE RUN.
>
>
> This will never dawn on wooden-head Philbin but
> those instances you were talking about where Tanny
> had success both this game and last was when he
> was OUT of the pocket.

But the fact remains that he was only out of the pocket on a small percentage of those passes we are talking about. The majority was in the pocket and he was accurate.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:26PM

Talk about over reaction. eye popping smiley.....Hartline isn't garbage, he has had back to back 1000 yard seasons.. Just because he has had a hard time finding his place in this new system, hardly makes him garbage... This offense is designed around getting Wallace open looks and less coverage, which is why he is moved around so much... Hartline not so much.. Hartline will find his way, he is a great #2 WR...

Clay isn't what he was last year in Shermans system, that doesn't make him garbage either...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 27, 2014 04:03PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Those passes were more then adequate thrown to
> him. I guess now they have to be in a perfect 16
> inch circle to his chest to be catchable?
> Bullshit . F him and his new Ferrari. He
> couldn't catch Ebola .

You've made reference to his car multiple times now, what difference does that make?

Date: October 27, 2014 06:23PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Those passes were more then adequate thrown to
> > him. I guess now they have to be in a perfect
> 16
> > inch circle to his chest to be catchable?
> > Bullshit . F him and his new Ferrari. He
> > couldn't catch Ebola .
>
>
> You've made reference to his car multiple times
> now, what difference does that make?

Its amazing i even have to explain it.

But once players get a big contract they suck like crack whore s.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:07AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Those passes were more then adequate thrown
> to
> > > him. I guess now they have to be in a perfect
> > 16
> > > inch circle to his chest to be catchable?
> > > Bullshit . F him and his new Ferrari. He
> > > couldn't catch Ebola .
> >
> >
> > You've made reference to his car multiple times
> > now, what difference does that make?
>
> Its amazing i even have to explain it.
>
> But once players get a big contract they suck
> like crack whore s.

Because he bought a Ferrari in the off-season, that translates to him sucking at his job during the season???????

So does that mean you suck at your job seeing how you got a Corvette in your garage?? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:49AM

Hartline got his new contract and Ferrari before last season and he followed up that contract with a 1000 yard season...So the money has nothing to do with it..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: October 28, 2014 05:23AM

lol at Treasure

Date: October 28, 2014 06:13AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > dolphaholic Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Those passes were more then adequate thrown
> > to
> > > > him. I guess now they have to be in a
> perfect
> > > 16
> > > > inch circle to his chest to be catchable?
> > > > Bullshit . F him and his new Ferrari. He
> > > > couldn't catch Ebola .
> > >
> > >
> > > You've made reference to his car multiple
> times
> > > now, what difference does that make?
> >
> > Its amazing i even have to explain it.
> >
> > But once players get a big contract they suck
> > like crack whore s.
>
>
> Because he bought a Ferrari in the off-season,
> that translates to him sucking at his job during
> the season???????
>
> So does that mean you suck at your job seeing how
> you got a Corvette in your garage?? eye rolling smiley

Are you even trying to make sense?

He sucks at his job because he drops more passes then a 40 yr old divorcee trying to get laid. Sorry if your so enamored with your fan boy, but ever since he got paid he has sucked. He is always hurt in the preseason and lately does not show up game time.

I'll dumb it down for you ; Ferrari = money Ferrarri sent to a custom shop to get more work on it then the car originally costs = TOO MUCH MONEY So when passes get thrown ANYWHERE in your direction you need to catch them. He hasn't. I have a problem with that.

Seems like my corvette seems to bother you. I worked damn hard for it and its paid off.......24 yrs ago actually. I hope Heartline saves some of his money because I don't see another big contract headed his way.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.