HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ricky
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ricky
Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 30, 2014 12:22PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ricky
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 12:38PM

Ha. That's awesome.

Date: October 30, 2014 05:45PM

Its true. They refused to make a 1st round QB pick, went after other Teams 2nd and 3rd round garbage and left him to run 50 plays a game. Into the ground. That had to hurt. F Wannastadt. Dope. He set this team back a decade.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:30PM

The problem for the Dolphins was the draft in which Drew Brees was the first or second pick of the second round in 2001.

He had been a QB from Purdue and I was only a fan because of Bob Griese being here.

I was waiting on pins and needles for no one else to take him until our pick which was about 25 and sure enough, by 25 he had not been taken.

Then I was thrilled that when our pick came up, he hadn't been taken.

And who did we pick?

Jamar Fletcher, CB.

Drew went early in the second round to the Chargers.

Yah! JSM08 and Holic, he did play for the Chargers before being traded to the Saints, .....just to save you some time looking it up.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 05:05AM

Ricky is right in his own weired way. The coaches and front office were deterimined to make Fiedler a 3rd stringer at best an nfl starter. Tragically that regime could not recognize talent, Jason Allan, Merling, Ginn Beck Satele Henne all 1&2 rounders we reached over better players to get who did not do much for us

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 31, 2014 05:38AM

Maybe he's just upset that he acted like such a rube. The guy is not the brightest bulb in the box.

Look at all the stupid crap he did that probably cost him at least 50-100 million dollars.

The Saints give up their entire draft for him. He is holding all the cards in contract negotiations and what does he do? Signs a rookie deal that paid him 3.8 mil !!!!! By comparison, Edge James made 14.8 mil his rookie year. Then he signs this ridiculous contract for 8 years!

His career earnings are about what James made in a year and a half. 20 million dollars!

Miami only paid him 4.2 mil for all those carries he whined about. That's what he is really upset about.

Yes, his coaches were idiots...but so was he. 11 years in the league and 20 mil..???

His net worth today is estimated between 230k & 3 mil. eye popping smiley

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:51AM

230K is wrong at a min he is worth 1.5mil. Not that I care but I always liked Ricky he gave 110% whenever he suited up for the Phins. Dude's not upset he is too mellow he just tells it like he sees it. Dude's 2-4 mil is still more than most folks lifetime earnings and he always seemed to be happy w/ whatever was in his pocket.

Date: October 31, 2014 08:39AM

I love Ricky. I was pissed when he first retired but after time I learned about his real social condition and how Wannabe treated him. Yeah Ricky could have been a hall of famer but he came back and the duo of him and Ronnie Brown was pretty exciting'. I only wish we had Tanny back then.

Saying Ricky is not a bright bulb is completely wrong. He is actually highly intelligent. However he has a very sensitive side. He is very well read. He travels a lot and helps people to heal in a natural holistic approach. He is very in tune with his body and mind.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 31, 2014 11:41AM

He's an assistant coach at some obscure college in Texas. 6 kids with 3 different women. Passed up 50 mil so he could get stoned and live in a tent. He's a real renaissance man, that one.

Gave 110% for the Dolphins? By leaving the entire organization hanging when he quit...

Sorry guys, I am tired of hearing him whine about football.

Date: October 31, 2014 12:14PM

6 kids with three different women......

I see that a lot in the NFL. Its the reason he came back to provide for them. Think of the many that can't. I guess I'm left to deal with them on a different level. eye rolling smiley Its a cultural problem , not an intelligence issue.

Ricky Quit because of a social anxiety disorder. You can see him with New Orleans and the Dolphins wearing a full helmet during interviews. Again not a sign of intelligence.

]Ricky is a very free soul , He very passionate about healing , not hurting people. The weed thing was silly and I have no doubts he lights up now......but I can't find fault in people for social conditions and anxieties they have. Maybe if Jr Seau left or Quit he would still be here now. confused smiley

Jimmy Johnson quit also. He placed his family first and never came back, I totally respect that.

Now Jonathan Martin quitting .....that's a completely different thing. He blamed everything but the Kitchen sink and never accomplished anything before that. He is just a coward who was never given the tools to compete or to learn how to problem solve by his parents.

Ricky went to Canada and played for his family. he quit pro ball and took the hard road back. Once here he did nothing but help and be a team player. I wish him nothing but the best , and when I retire I would LOVE to visit his practice and do some "healing" myself with him. thumbs upgrinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2014 05:56AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ricky is right in his own weired way. The coaches
> and front office were deterimined to make Fiedler
> a 3rd stringer at best an nfl starter. Tragically
> that regime could not recognize talent, Jason
> Allan, Merling, Ginn Beck Satele Henne all 1&2
> rounders we reached over better players to get who
> did not do much for us

I think in some cases they just misused talent. Satele played well for us...as he is doing now. He just didn't fit the scheme of the guy that followed Saban. Jason Allen actually FINALLY played well when they stopped juggling him between CB and Safety. Then Ireland, inexplicably, cut him!! In retrospect, Saban made some fairly good draft picks...but Parcells was hard-headed and rejected pretty-much anything from the previous regeme.

Date: November 01, 2014 09:31AM

Parcells is a POS. Hard headed and I believe he got "lucky" with the Giants. he never finished a thing he started anywhere else. Wannstadt and Parcells. Both helped place this franchise into a decade long tailspin. We will still feel its effects until we unload Dion Jordon. Sadly now he is worthless.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 01, 2014 10:15AM

Date: November 01, 2014 10:47AM

You said it 808! Great postthumbs upsmileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 03, 2014 05:16AM

I watched Ricky's 'Football Life' episode. He didn't come off to me as an idiot OR a druggie. Seemed well spoken and bright, just an odd guy who doesn't prioritize his life like I or most of us do. Won't argue right or wrong there, just found it interesting that someone who saw the situation first hand came to the conclusion many of us did: The team for whatever reason, for a very long time refused to believe they needed a top tier QB to win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.