Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How the hell do you call timeouts to help the other team?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How the hell do you call timeouts to help the other team?
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: October 15, 2014 06:26AM

It would not be the worst thing in the world but it will be based off Hickey's impression of the current coaches. How he views how the players respond to the coaches.

It would be good to see how another coach performs but if were going to do that, it should be sooner rather than later so we can at least try to make the playoffs. Otherwise just ride it out and see get a draft pick and there is no second guessing a firing if Lazor fails as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 15, 2014 10:18AM

That is what worries me about Philpin, BUT he should be able to learn from the mistakes.

He has no feel of the game to make the correct calls. He goes us guided by fear.

He has called the same kind of timeouts in the past, and not gotten burnt by them and I remember thinking at the time it was a mistake, but he got lucky. This time it went up in flames.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 15, 2014 12:48PM

The other times in past games, it was arguable, dolphin but there is no excuse for calling timeout when you are ahead by more than 3 and the other team is out of timeouts and there is a real possibility that the clock might run out on them. Justifying it on the grounds that you had to make sure your guys had their act together is no reason at all.

Now, if you are tied or if a field goal will beat you, the dynamics are different if they are already within field goal range. Or if they are behind by more than three and they are within touchdown range. Under these circumstances, the clock belongs to you because if a score on their part is almost inevitable, you need to have some clock to come back. The word "inevitable" means that even if they fail, no problem, then you don't need the clock but if they succeed you need it.

But when the clock is fighting your opponent, you don't join him in his battle against the clock.

I would love to hear what's going on on Pack chatboards similar to ours.

Date: October 15, 2014 03:24PM

I've got a serious man crush on Cam Wake. That's my boy........thumbs up My favorite player since Zack Thomas retired.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.