HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT Back?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: JT Back?
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 10, 2009 06:31AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Miami Reppa Wrote:
>
> "Dan Marino wasnt even that great for us. We
> should have looked elsewhere at the QB position.
> He hurt us more than helped us."
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Your kidding right? That is one of the most
> idiotic things I have ever seen on this board.

RMAO!!! im just havin some fun, grinning smiley come on man you know thats funny..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 10, 2009 06:34AM

Aqua and Orange Wrote:

"I really don't think we need JT back. Our offense will be unstoppable this year. I seriously expect 1500 yards and 15 TDs from Ginn this year."

Wow. I like Ginn (unlike many on this board); but I think your expectations might be a tad overly optimistic.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 10, 2009 06:43AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Whatever Reppa. I HAVE watched film on him in the
> CFL. He matured tremendously in the CFL. He was
> the Most Outstanding Defensive Player in the CFL
> last year. He's shown excellent instincts and a
> relentless motor. He's far better than Roth, and
> his attitude and dedication make him the kind of
> player that Parcells (and Sparano) covet. I say,
> barring injury, Wake will be our starting WOLB on
> day 1.

Easy man, i was just curious cause what bothers me is people who for example root so hard for a guy (say john beck) when they never saw him play "beck beer!, we want beck beer!!!" and the minute he starts struggling they are ready to hang him... Reading my post back it does seem like I am trying to shoot you down, my bad that was not my intention I just get frustrated with people that support a guy one so hard one second and then trash him the next. Yes the reppa is not to proud to apologises... my bad duke.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 10, 2009 07:19AM

This is getting too funny. My ribs are really starting to hurt from laughing! smiling bouncing smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 10, 2009 08:35AM

"If you don't like the guy after that then you probably never did and aren't much of a fan."

You almost made sense until this quote. Garbage perspective.

If you want to be president of the JT fan club ... more power to you. You need to let go of the blind view you have with some understanding that many very good fin fans don't care for the self centered way JT left the team.

It may be nice if the FO can bring him back at a salary friendly price and he can show fans and the coaches that he can be a team player ... cool.

The front end of JT career with the Fins was great and he has always got credit for that. He bailed when the team needed a leader, and he's back with hat in hand.

Hope he gets a chance to show he's got more interest than "JT INC." this time around.

Posted by: Carolina Phin ()
Date: April 12, 2009 10:19AM

..........."Zach and JT weren't that good"........

Is there a way to squelch someone so we do not have to read another idiotic post from MikeO? I bet MikeO is about 20 years old and when ZT and JT were in their prime he didn't know too much about football. Zach Thomas was one of the best linebackers ever period. The only reason Ray Lewis would get more fame is because he won a superbowl with the Ravens.

Zach Thomas is an awesome player and none of MikeO's arguments make any sense at all so please, someone explain to me if it's possible to put someone on ignore here. I do not mind someone's opinions but his quote at the top of my post is the stupidest statement I have ever read anywhere.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 10:22AM by Carolina Phin.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 12, 2009 12:12PM

Cameron Wake said that he has put on 15 more pounds at around 260. 6-3 and a 4.55 40,long arms and 45" inch vertical with a non stop motor.

Sounds promising BUT......

to say "He's far better than Roth" is pure speculation. He is not and cannot be better than Roth until he gets on the field in a real NFL game and PROVES he is better.

Lets keep one thing in mind...

Roth went into last year thinking he was gonna play 3-4 DE and put on 15 lbs to do it. 280 lbs is probably not his optimum weight and that is also not the ideal situation for someone that is going to play SOLB. I am sure he has dropped the weight this off season and will get back some of his quickness. As a Pass Rusher, his repertoire consists of a bull rush and that's about it. He should be back around 265 and will have another year under his belt.

50 tackles & 5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at for his first year playing SOLB.

Kevin Greene, one of the all time great SOLB's and one who played OLB in college had 15 tackles and ZERO stats his first year, 33/7 sacks and then 14/6.5 sacks in his 3rd year and he played OLB most of the time.

He blew up in his 4th year as an NFL SOLB'er with 15 tackles & 16.5 sacks.

I'm not saying that Roth is KG but he still has some untapped potential.

Wake could have been signed with the idea that he could eventually take over for Porter (2010).

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.