HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT Back?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
JT Back?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2009 10:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JT Back?
Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:44PM

that wouldn't be a bad think. Im all for it as long as he doesnt become a pat.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 29, 2009 06:52PM

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

Look what this franchise finally did last year!! After years of the mini-dramas. After years of sub-par head coaches and front offices. After years of locker room politics and lack of Veteran Leadership.......WE OPENED UP THE WINDOWS AND LET THE STINK OUT!!

No more Cam. No more Randy. No more Zach. No more JT. We let everyone who was a constant underachiever whether it be for only 1 season for for 10+ go.

We brought in a REAL leader in Chad Pennington. We brough in a real front office and coaching staff.

NOW WE CAN'T GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS. Bring back the lockeroom politican who divded lockerooms year in and year out. The guy who threw a temper tantrum when Bill Parcells wouldn't say hi to him in the hallway. The guy who wants NO PART of offseason camps and drills. The guy who has his focus NOT on football but hollywood. And a guy who badmouthed his way out of Miami. A guy who couldn't get away fast enough and wanted no part of this organization.

Jason Taylor could offer to play for FREE and I still wouldn't want him back. Who needs the headache, drama, and mini-circus that he brings along with him.

Have fun in New England. Go be another old and broken down player on their defense. If we really want to hurt the Pats we let them sign this old, washed up, broken down player!!

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: March 30, 2009 02:10AM

I'm in agreement with MikeO. Let's move forward.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 30, 2009 03:11AM

Yep. Move forward, please.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 30, 2009 04:13AM

wow one year of bad rap and you diss the guy for life, after what he has done in his career he deserves the right to speak his mind, and im sure that he wants to finish ihs career as a dolphin and wants to make the big game. which if he came back and gave it his all, we could deff do it. i would say yes to a one year deal just to make a run at it. especialy if he is willing to take a nice pay cut. we will be just fine either way, why because our head coach gives a shit, and works with our players, in good and bad times, and commands resepect by giving respect, any player who plays for sparano will be a better player, giving his all.

Date: March 30, 2009 04:42AM

But he head isnt totally in football anymore as it used to be.

I want the old JT, not the "Hollywood JT". His mind is on the big screen not the big game.

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 30, 2009 05:02AM

If his mind was on the big screen so much, he would be retiring and not pursuing another couple of years in football.

I think he has something to prove now and doesn't want to go out like that. When players have a chip on their shoulder, they are often motivated and do well.

The whole mess with Washington was just as I stated before. It had nothing to do with off season participation and everything to do with not wanting to play the strong side.

I don't see how it is possible for Taylor to come back to Miami anyway. That would give us two weak side LBer's. They are not going to cut or trade Porter or make him unhappy by switching him back to the strong side that he dislikes anyway. They should but they won't.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: March 30, 2009 05:16AM

Wow Mike you are harsh man. Underachiever Zach and JT? Really? How do you make that argument even on a good day. Anyways I like Chad as much as the next guy but I live in NJ and have seen Chad play for years let's slow down the Chad bandwagon just a little. One good season does not make a career let's see how he does this year before we start lighting candles to St. Penny.

Date: March 30, 2009 05:47AM

Zach and JT were here for over 10 years. How many division titles in that timespan?? Only ONE i believe. That is underachieving. How many 1 and done in the playoffs did we see??? A LOT! Not to mention BOTH were here for the worst era of Dolphins football in the organizations history. The NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!!!!

Also, I didn't say a word about Penningtons play. I said he was a veteran leader who didn't divide the lockeroom and brought the team together. But if you wanna talk about his play all I will say is.........from 1-15 to 11-5!!!! Nuff said.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 30, 2009 06:47AM

Guys look at the bright side... We could have it all. A blisting OLB, an aging All Pro, and an additional 2nd round pick.

I think he has value. Like with Ricky, when you give a 2nd chance-you must have a GENIUNE commitment.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 30, 2009 07:54AM

JT was a special player. I'll say "was", instead of "is" because he probably won't be that same player again (due to age). When he left, I questioned his commitment to football and his willingness to prepare the way Parcells would want him to. Overall, I was very pleased with the trade and not disappointed to see him go - given that he seemed to want out of Miami anyway. We have the extra 2nd round pick this year and a 6th rounder next year. All things considered, we absolutely hosed the Redskins. But would I take JT back? If he is willing to prepare properly and do what is expected of him and sign for a reasonable salary - Absolutely, I would take him back in a second.

Date: March 30, 2009 08:10AM

thumbs up What about SURTAIN? drinking smiley

Date: March 30, 2009 08:21AM

Sorry Eesti, I just cant see how somebodys head can be into football when they dont even come to *MANDATORY* workouts.

confused smiley

---------------------

Date: March 30, 2009 08:35AM

if JT signs with NE he'll be dead to me.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 30, 2009 09:13AM

"Zach Thomas" and "underachiever" do NOT belong in the same sentence.

The numbers don't lie, right. Take a look at Zach's numbers. This guy has so many tackles in his career that nobody can rightly call him an underachiever.

as for JT, he had something to prove LAST year. He didn't do it. I'd still take him back if the price were right (read: vet's minimum with incentives). If he's not interested, he should cash in by signing a one-year contract to the highest bidder and get his Hollywood agent on the phone so he can go make some crappy action/adventure movies.

Date: March 30, 2009 09:21AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 30, 2009 11:14AM

Where are all the posts that said JT would be the next Robert Deniro by this time already, starring in roles opposite Denzel Washington......For sure he must be interested in a team near Hollywood...... Where are those old post, anyone willing to stand up? I need a good hysterical laugh on a monday afternoon for sure!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 11:17AM by Crowder52.

Date: March 30, 2009 11:36AM

That's funny Crowder. I remember those posts too, although I don't remember the posters. My guess is that he will find acting to be as tough as Jordan found baseball to be.

Date: March 30, 2009 11:41AM

Date: March 30, 2009 11:45AM

Hey Mike you are going to pop a vein man you sound upset. By your standards Marino was an underachiever also we only went to one SB and lost and that with the best pure passer in NFL history certainly a more influential position than DE or LB.

You are right the numbers don't lie I will let JT and ZT numbers speak for themselves. Pennington had a good season probably the best of his career but I wonder how much of that had to do with the coaching staff and the rest of the supporting cast. Only in 2002 did Chad have a similar year throwing for 22TD's and 6 INT's. No doubt his presence was a key factor but to call JT and ZT underachievers because we had only one divisional title while they were here speaks more to the level of coaching and ability to make sound personnel decisions than it does to there play.

Date: March 30, 2009 02:06PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where are all the posts that said JT would be the
> next Robert Deniro by this time already, starring
> in roles opposite Denzel Washington......For sure
> he must be interested in a team near
> Hollywood...... Where are those old post, anyone
> willing to stand up? I need a good hysterical
> laugh on a monday afternoon for sure!

I don't remember anyone saying that JT was going to be the next Robert DeNiro but I do remember making a post talking about an article that said JT turned down a role in a movie with De Niro.

It's funny how a story changes when someone else re-tells it.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 30, 2009 04:30PM

thumbs up

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2009 05:09PM

Date: March 30, 2009 08:59PM

Date: March 31, 2009 04:46AM

Date: March 31, 2009 05:04AM

Date: March 31, 2009 05:10AM

He would rather praise an X-Jet that has been with Miami for one year that say anything nice about two players that were the face of this franchise for the last decade. Two players that gave Dolphins fans a reason to watch the game after Marino retired.

That should tell you all you need to know right there.

Date: March 31, 2009 05:28AM

Marino bashing on a Dolphins site.

Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!

Date: March 31, 2009 05:33AM

All i get out of this is the fact we as dolphins fans argue to much and get on each other's nerves when in fact all we want is a god damn superbowl win. can i get a AMEN!!!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.