HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jonathon martin speaks out tonight...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Jonathon martin speaks out tonight...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 28, 2014 12:35PM

Armando Salguero ?@ArmandoSalguero 13m

Jon Martin is doing interview w/ Tony Dungy on workplace harassment issue tonite. Timing not what NFL wants. Dungy on Dolphins committee.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jonathon martin speaks out tonight...
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 12:41PM

Can he call his grandma?

Date: January 28, 2014 12:45PM

ProFootballTalk ?@ProFootballTalk 49s

Just announced on @PFTonNBCSN: @TonyDungy has interviewed Jonathan Martin. Portions air on NBC Nightly News (6:30 p.m. ET) and Today.

.....................................................................................

Date: January 28, 2014 12:48PM

The full interview of @TonyDungy with Jonathan Martin airs Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. on a special edition of @PFTonNBCSN.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 01:35PM

I know what I won't be doing wed at630

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 28, 2014 02:22PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 02:28PM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I'm a grown man. I've been in locker rooms.
> There's vulgar language used in locker rooms. One
> instance doesn't bother me," Martin told former
> NFL coach Tony Dungy in an interview excerpt.
>
> "It's the persistence of it. I wish I had had more
> tools to solve my situation, you know. I felt
> trapped, like I didn't have a way to make it
> right. It came down to a point where I thought it
> was best just to remove myself from the
> situation."

Yeah, I can't tell if this is going to be a bash the Dolphins piece, or a redeem his character and take ownership, so teams are more willing to give him a shot on their roster next year... I would be surprised if Dungy who was suppose to be on the committee helping the Dolphins deal with this would be a pawn for Martin to bash and blame the organization... I will definitely watch tomorrow.... I am a bit unsure which direction it is going to go in, though I am leaning towards him taking some responsibility in the whole matter after the teaser...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 28, 2014 04:54PM

What a FKN CVNT.....makes me sick

Date: January 28, 2014 05:10PM

I just ate at Chipolte and took a serious dump. I cared more about what I flushed then I do about J. Martin and his entire Family of whining Victims. It also had more integrity and professionalism then all of them combined. Smelled better too. And it could have played better also. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 29, 2014 06:04AM

<yawn>

Date: January 29, 2014 06:54AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 29, 2014 10:09AM

I doubt the whole story has come out. He is still only putting forth publicly the story that the conflict was only between Richie and himself. Not that Richie was his protector and got mad when he wouldn't stand up for himself.

We'll have to wait until either the Players' association report or the NFL Report comes out. Right now, I believe him as telling the whole story as much as I believe a criminal defendant represented by counsel giving a story to the press BEFORE THE TRIAL. Basically, "I'm innocent and a victim."

Date: January 29, 2014 12:49PM

Yes this could very well be an obvious PR attempt to get ahead of the story so to speak before the Wells report comes out... I am just a bit confused by Dungy's involvement if that is what it is ... We shall see soon enough...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 01:19PM

martin picked the busiest media week of the NFL season to break his silence?

this is all a ploy for his pending lawsuit.

all he's said so far is that they called him mean names and instead of standing up for himself, he ran to his mommy.

i thought he was abused physically? isn't that what his ambulance chasin' attorney claimed from the outset?

i'd immediately drop dungy from this "code of conduct" committee if i were ross.

Date: January 29, 2014 01:33PM

I felt trapped. what a wimp. You lost your job because you sucked then complained on things you participated in. Unfortunately harassment laws support such complaints from participants . Hopefully media idiots like marcelleus Wiley saying how good he was can boast his value so we get a first or second in the draft or trade for a decent vet. Seattle & San Fran will likely be interested

FA Wish list

Eugene Monroe
Brent Grimes
Alteran verner or Sam Shields
Knowshon Moreno?

Date: January 29, 2014 01:41PM

Not challenging anybody but I thought Dungy was there as part of the news media, not part of the NFL.

Since he is just talking to the media and NOT to anyone official with the NFL, more reason to discount his story.

Date: January 29, 2014 01:44PM

Date: January 29, 2014 01:44PM

What channel is this on?

Date: January 29, 2014 01:47PM

Date: January 29, 2014 02:04PM

He did not answer one question with specifics. His answer to EVERY single question was "I am a football player and just want to get back to playing football". worthless interview. You could tell he was severely coached by his parents and attorneys.

I can't wait to see the report. If you can read between the lines it seems as if the culprits were Incognito and Pouncey but to what extent, I don't know. We know Incognito is an idiot and Pouncey seems to have that tendency as well.

So to sum it up...."Big Weirdo" says nothing. He just wants the money and is setting himself up for another opportunity or a law suit to earn the kind of money not possible for any other career.

Date: January 29, 2014 03:17PM

Although Richie's chances of re-entering the NFL are that of a snowflake in Tijuana, Martin's are NOT even half of that.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 03:21PM

incog will 100% be in the league next year, likely on the jets
I'd bet $$ on it

Date: January 29, 2014 03:53PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Although Richie's chances of re-entering the NFL
> are that of a snowflake in Tijuana, Martin's are
> NOT even half of that.

A loudmouth aggressive Guard with attitude ? Iggy certainly will be with another team. I believe the raiders would welcome him with open arms. Cowboys as well.

Martin? A little Mommas boy that quit when the going got tough and then blames it all on a bad things said in a locker room........things that he said and did as well? I wouldn't hire him to clean shelves in a supermarket. Because he would just cry when he got to a tough stain and blame it on the cleaner and sue the supermarket for Trauma.

I wish Ireland had asked him if his Momma was a whore. He would have said ...YES. High priced one, but a whore none the less. eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 03:44AM

what a joke of and "interview"

i don't care what profession your in, how big the person is, if someone blasts my wife, mother, sister i'm letting them know that's off limits.

why didn't tony pose that question to martin? because it doesn't fit the victim narrative.

i hope the fallout includes the firing with cause of turner and coyle. some coach on the defensive side will get the boot. probably kacy rogers our dline coach which would blow because from what i've read he's more respected than coyle.

Date: January 30, 2014 03:59AM

Because Martin was saying the same crap back to these guys, figured out it wasn't stopping and couldn't handle it....Momma's boy that he is...Incognito's lawyers have the texts.

I would now be surprised if anyone is fired unless the claims of physical attacks are substantiated.

Although they may use it as an excuse to get rid of Turner since we have a more qualified line coach in the wings.

Date: January 30, 2014 04:45AM

NBC, NBCSN and pro football talk should be embarrassed to have marketed/teased and run with that crap... It was idiotic to even consider that an interview.... WTF....

Nietzsche

Date: January 30, 2014 05:09AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:57AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> incog will 100% be in the league next year, likely
> on the jets
> I'd bet $$ on it

that's a good call on your part IMO.

Perfect fit!

And man -- would we pay for it!

Date: January 30, 2014 06:10AM

He's good for a sack a game if he played like he did this year.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2014 06:10AM

Richie is releasing texts messages that Martin sent Richie where Martin is claiming to "Im smoking Mary Jane right now" & also texts that say Martin is "going to ejaculate on Richie's face"

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.