HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          T.O. signs with Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
T.O. signs with Buffalo Bills
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 07, 2009 12:51PM

Told ya he wouldn't be on the market long and teams would be fighting over him.

Just because teams "said in the press" they weren't interested doesn't mean they actually were. It's just a ploy for the team to get the best deal possible.

Expect a MNF game of Buffalo at Miami with Parcells siting in a Lux Box watching the game. ESPN will eat that up!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T.O. signs with Buffalo Bills
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:00PM

That is the best news I've heard all week. It would have been better if he would have gone to the Jets so he could tear them apart but I'll take it. Now watch as he rips Edwards of all his confidence in front of that Monday night audience.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 07, 2009 01:06PM

Where did you find this info? The only thing i have seen is that he is visiting Buffalo.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:19PM

Date: March 07, 2009 01:25PM

no market??? He is cut on a Tuesday night and is signed by Sat evening!! That proves he was "HOT"!! You really don't think T.O took the first offer thrown his way do you?? With Rosenhaus as his agent?? Please!

Date: March 07, 2009 01:26PM

yes I think he took the ONLY offer--or at least the only offer that was willing to pay TO what he thinks he's worth
no one wants to play in Buffalo, why do you think they never sign any free agents?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:38PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 07, 2009 01:39PM

Where's the fight? What other team is in the mix?

He visited Tennesse. If they had made him a good offer he never would have flown to Buffalo.

Buffalo is getting a shot at getting bargain. They couldn't/wouldn't afford Coles, or Housh, ( at their age) and no-one else is putting real money on the table for T.O....so......Buffalo is in the running.

Date: March 07, 2009 01:41PM

Date: March 07, 2009 03:16PM

no one wants to play in Buffalo?? What does that mean? Let me fill you in on something. PLAYERS want to play where they get PAID THE MOST MONEY!! It could be in the smallest, worst, ugliest, most disgusting city on earth, if they offer more money than the greatest city in America the players will go there.

It's ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 07, 2009 03:17PM

Its the coaches last ditch effort to keep his job. The player will rip that locker room apart.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 07, 2009 04:33PM

I agree Aqua once again. The coach has nothing to lose, he was almost booted after last years crumbling. So T.O. by history doesn't destroy the team until the second or so year. They get an initial boost, Eagles went to SUperbowl after siging T.O., Dallas offense looked unstoppable his first 1-2 season. SO this move would seem to guaranteed Coach Dick another 2 season, where before this T.O. signing he was gone most likely midseason and season end at best .Now he has this coming season where he makes the coach look kind of smart, and then following season when the coach and TO and the Bills are done for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 04:36PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 07, 2009 04:34PM

PS- Mike O nice call once again...

Date: March 07, 2009 05:07PM

This isn't a Jauron move. This is an ownership/front office move to sell tickets.

Buffalo is half-way moved to Toronto lets be honest. In a bad economy in a rust belt city like Buffalo in the Northeast that has huge unemployment right now, selling tickets to football games this fall will be tough if not impossible. The Bills needed a "draw" and TO is that draw!

Dick Juaron had nothing to do with this move. This is a move by the Wilson Family to make some money!!

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 08, 2009 03:26AM

Anyone read what Marion Barber had to say about TO? It sounds like a lot of the Cowboys players really liked him. Barber said he was shocked TO was cut and that the media have made him into something he isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2009 09:36AM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Date: March 08, 2009 05:22AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2009 08:41AM

I'm loving it. Our grip on the AFC East solidifies by the day.

Date: March 08, 2009 08:46AM

You must be one of the few people that live in Buffalo and like it.

I'm sure TO would have taken a bit less cash to play in New York, Miami, SF, San Diego, New England, DC, Tampa, Minnesota, Chicago...

Pretty much any team that had either a decent chance to win or located in a city with enough press to make a difference.

TO is going to a cold city, where players go to disappear, for a team that has zero shot of going to the playoffs, much less 8-8.

Sucks to be him.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: March 08, 2009 08:50AM

You mean other than the $6.5 mil it sucks to be him.
He'd play for the friggin Edmonton Eskimos for $6.5 mil.

Date: March 08, 2009 08:56AM

For TO, its more than the money, its the bling bling. He's already got money, but he wants everyone to think he's the greatest. When he goes to Buffalo, he will just be cold and pissed off that Edwards can't get him the ball like Romo did. Without the press, he might even have to start pretending to kill himself again.

Date: March 08, 2009 07:58PM

T.O. got a raise by leaving Dallas and going to Buffalo. He is making MORE $$$$$$$$ in Buffalo

And Philly was cold weather too. And he got to a Super Bowl in that cold weather city. Please......its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 09, 2009 06:44AM

Posted by: exboomer ()
Date: March 09, 2009 07:08AM

FA's dont sign with Buffalo because the FO is to cheap to pay them what they want not because they don't want to play in Buffalo. All our players seem to love Dick Jauron (don't ask me why) so that isn't the reason they don't sign with us. I see this as a desparation move on the FO's part to sell season tickets. There has been almost a full scale revolt since Jan when the team didn't fire Jauron with many people saying they would not renew their season tickets so Mr. Wilson had to do something to renew interest in the team.
Having said that I would not discount what Owens brings to the table when he is on the field. Lee Evans will finally have someone who can take the double team off of him so I think he will be much more productive this season. And with Lynch and Jackson on the field along with TO and Evans our offense has the potential to finally be explosive.
Only time will tell if this will get us close to the playoffs if not into them or will blow up in our faces but either way it will be fun to watch.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: March 09, 2009 07:46AM

I love it that T.O. is in Buffalo....it means that when this team self-destructs(and it will)....the fingers are gonna be flyin all over the goddamn place....Jauron to T.O.....T.O. to Edwards.....Jauron to management......management to T.O.....and T.O. cryin about, "he's my quarterback....waaaaaaaaa".
I love that shit.
Mass panic and pandemonium.
FxxK the bills.
I have spoken.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 09, 2009 01:31PM

The Bills Coach is on his last gasp ... he had to do something or he wouldn't have a job next year.

TO will give them press, attention and some better play at the WR position. Then he willl be ugh TO - Selfish, locker room cancer - bla bla.

As bad as that is for most teams ... it is better than losing your job to the coach, better than having no fans in the seats for th eowner and better than having no one to throw to for the QB, and better for tO to get the cash.

Having said all that ... it would have been nice to have seen the league snob him, bit gentlement ... that aint gonna happen in the NFL, if the guy has any talent.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: March 10, 2009 02:59AM

Right now, Buffalo has nothing to lose. As the AFCEAST cellar-dwellers for about 10 years, a coach on the "hot seat", a dwindling fan-base and a franchise in need of identity, the only choice they had this year was to sign a T.O. type player.
I hope it blows up in their faces.....and it will.
The only reason T.O. accepted to play in such a small market as Buffalo is because of $$$$$$$$$ and the fact that his name as a premier player puts fans in the seats......exploding and swelling his already HUGE ego.
This spells trouble, my friends.....and i love it.
FXXK the Bills.
I have spoken.

Date: March 10, 2009 06:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.