HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          No major FA WR signed as of yet
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
No major FA WR signed as of yet
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: February 27, 2009 08:56AM

Housh
Coles
Harrison

All unsigned. Granted it's only day one of free agency, but it's surprising that none of them have a new home yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No major FA WR signed as of yet
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:27PM

after Haynsesworth I don't think there ARE any major FA's this year. The guys you mentioned are over 30. "MAJOR" free agents are in their 20's!!!!

The June 1st cuts will tell more. And when roster bonuses are paid out will tell more.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 01, 2009 02:28PM

My point was that no WR's of any stature have been signed yet.

Date: March 01, 2009 02:31PM

When T.O hits the market in the near future, watch a WR frenzy to hit.

Miami won't be a player in the T.O sweepstakes, but when T.O. becomes available it will set the WR market a buzz. I think Housh will be signed by then (maybe by tonight)... but the other 2 could be on the market till after the draft

Date: March 04, 2009 08:19PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 05, 2009 03:13AM

Date: March 05, 2009 03:26AM

Teams will be tripping over themselves to get T.O. He still puts up numbers. And he sells tickets. And in THIS economy....selling tickets is a very big deal. There will be a market of 8-10 teams for T.O

(Buffalo, NYJ, Balt, Indy, Jax, Tenn, Oakland, Washington, NYG, Chicago, Tampa, and Car)

12 right there who need a WR that wouldn't be affraid of T.O. When push comes to shove 8-10 of them will be in the market for him

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 05, 2009 03:51AM

I think you can take off Jax and Tenn and the Giants and Indy. Del Rio is trying to build chemistry, not destory it. Same for Fisher in Tenn. The Giants and their dealings with Burress will make them hesitant. I would say Oakland is the most likely and maybe Was because the owners are stupid enough.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 05, 2009 04:11AM

Can you see him in New England?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 05, 2009 06:03AM

I can see him in New England, but Im not sure they need him. You have Moss and Welker.....how many pro bowl WR's do ya need?? Especially when their defense is like 100 years old and can't stop anybody??

It would be a waste of money.

Date: March 05, 2009 06:05AM

DelRio is fighting for his job, he could care less about chemistry right now. He might be the first coach fired next year.

Fisher is so close to a ring he can taste it. T.O. might be the guy to put them over the top. That offense can't throw the ball and has zero passing game threat.

Giants are bringing back Plax, so you can cross them off. I got that confirmed this morning.

Date: March 05, 2009 12:17PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 05, 2009 01:11PM

I agree the Jets could do it, not sure who else, but someone will, especially in these trying times, some owners will do anything to sell tickets at this point.... Oakland, Cleveland, Washington(just because SNyder is desperate, not to sell tickets but just plain desperate after being labeled an NFL loser)?

Date: March 05, 2009 06:41PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 06, 2009 02:12AM

Date: March 06, 2009 03:30AM

He will be a Raider. They have NO wide receivers and Russel needs help. This would allow them to take an O-lineman which they sorely need and pass on Macklin or Crabtree, the guys who no one knows how fast he is...or give them a year to develop.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 03:32AM by eesti.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: March 10, 2009 03:04AM

I love these predictions......where everyone is wrong, but everyone thinks they actually may know what the hell is going on, like they have the inside-scoop.....when in all actuality, they haven't a @#$%& clue.
T.O. to Buffalo?....who knew and i dare anyone to think that far ahead and say that they saw this coming.
Liars.

Date: March 10, 2009 05:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.