HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Need a new QB, OL, DL, RB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Need a new QB, OL, DL, RB
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 11:09AM

Tannehill Just doesn't make the big passes and misses 90% on deep throws.

Brett Hundley?

Later round picks?

Aaron Murray
Blake Bortles
Jordan Lynch
Keith Price

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need a new QB, OL, DL, RB
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 29, 2013 11:14AM

Added to your title of the thread, we also need new LBs.

Basically, we need a whole new team, cuz we need new coaches as well.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 11:15AM

God, hate to say it, Tanny just isn't it....so I concur. Flush everyone start over.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 29, 2013 11:16AM

We do NOT need another QB. Nor do we need a new DL or RB's. Miller and Thomas are more than good enough...when given blocking. I do think we need to replace one of our DT's though.

Complelely and totally agree with OL and LB's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 11:17AM by Ken.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 29, 2013 11:31AM

We need:

A new OC
Shore up the O-Line (Gee...how many years have I said that??!!)
Play Dion Jordan at OLB (in place of Wheeler) so he can be on the field with Wake and Vernon

It's tough for me to easily identify the rest at this point.

Date: December 29, 2013 11:36AM

Ken how can you say we don't need a QB after seen so many poorly thrown balls and literally 0 connections on deep balls? Wallace should have had 8-10 TD's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 01:05PM by jlyell13.

Date: December 29, 2013 11:56AM

Because the deep ball is really a small part of what a QB does...even the best of them complete it with a very low percentage. RT has improved over the course of this season, the proof of that is there for any that wish to see without bias. I realize that it's hard to do right now but its still there. Also as of late he's had quite a few poorly thrown balls but you have to take into account the weather...we've played our games over the past month in rain, snow, wind, or a combination of the three. Tough to throw in those conditions for a guy that never has in his career. Then add to all of that the pathetic performaces by our O-Line, RT getting hit, sacked, and having to run for his life more than anyone since David Carr.

RT isn't the problem...the Sh**y O=Line is. If we have good blocking all season we are in the playoffs right now and are the #2 or #3 seed instead of going home as we speak.

Date: December 29, 2013 12:06PM

Ken, RT is part of the problem. He is a problem as well. You're spot on on your argument that the deep ball is not everything. You don't have to be a Darryl Lamonica. But the problem with Tanny is that he sucks even at the 25 yard pass. Get him pass 20 yards and he is just awful.

Moreover, he might as well be blindfolded on his throwing of the much deeper ball. He has throw what ONE ALL YEAR or maybe two?

And I'll give him credit for the one drop (or miss) by Wallace deep in that thriller game.

But you can't have a quarterback who cannot throw the ball pass 20 yards with any degree of accuracy.

I'm not talking about tight misses, I'm talking about embarrassing misses.

Date: December 29, 2013 12:23PM

Chyren, I never said wasen't part of the problem because its obvious that every single player on the team is part of the problem. But you simply can't place the blame at RT's feet (as some here are doing) without taking into account the much larger issues of our pathetic O-Line.

RT does not need to be replaced...his play simply does not warrant that.

Posted by: FinFanNo1 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 12:30PM

If we stick with Tanny it is only because those in power think he can develop. He certainly has NOT arrived YET. He's only a project (at best) at this time.

As for now, his performance has obviously faded when it counted. He certainly hasn't shown anything "special" along the way, so he's not going to be the next Manning or Marino or (insert your favorite QB here).

I think I am most troubled by his lack of performance when the pressure was on and winning would get you in the playoffs (I.e., the last two games). One of the big knocks on him coming out of college was his inability to come through in the clutch. He hasn't disputed that rep through his performances as a pro.

Look....
I don't care if you are a rookie QB, Missing Wallace when he has beat his man deep by 3 yards is tolerable if it is once in a while, but if it is the norm (which is the case), it's a very big problem. This IS the NFL, after all.

It's painful to admit but Miami has to draft another QB, maybe just to push Tanny... Or in preparation for the near future.

Granted, there are a lot of problems on this team. But there is legitimate debate whether Tanny is part of the solution or the problem at this point. (It's hard to fathom, but it's probably more distressing that our 1st pick (and 3rd overall pick) in last years draft doesn't start).

Makes me sick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 12:31PM by FinFanNo1.

Date: December 29, 2013 12:36PM

Well, said FinFanNo.1.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:17PM

2013, Ryan Tannehill

ATT 588, COMP 355, PCT 60.4, YDS 3913, YPA 6.70, LG 67, TD 24, INT 16, SK 58/399, 20+ 42, 40+ 10, RAT 82.2

These are not the numbers of a bust.

Even at that could they have been better in some areas, yes.
He could improve on a few of these areas...but some of you have lost your minds calling him a bust.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:22PM

Date: December 29, 2013 01:44PM

Bad pocket awareness, inability to regularly complete pass 20+ yds.
those are some major issues in the NFL. I see some promise but he has had 2 years to improve and hasn't shown he can make the big plays

Some of todays passes to open receivers were horrible

have to draft someone to push him

Date: December 29, 2013 01:51PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ken TODAY
>
> Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
> R. Tannehill 20 40 204 1
>
>
> C. Henne 30 51 331 1
>
> Any better and Tanny has the better team behind
> him.

RE: Those are decent numbers. Not spectacular but decent. If you take away the pick they are solid numbers. Obviously they were not decent or solid enough though since we didn't win.

Date: December 29, 2013 01:54PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Bad pocket awareness, inability to regularly
> complete pass 20+ yds.
> those are some major issues in the NFL. I see some
> promise but he has had 2 years to improve and
> hasn't shown he can make the big plays
>
> Some of todays passes to open receivers were
> horrible
>
> have to draft someone to push him

RE: I have no problem with pushing him...but not by using a high pick. We have other, much bigger issues.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 01:56PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Ken TODAY
>
> R. Tannehill 20 40 204 1
>
>
> C. Henne 30 51 331 1
>
> Any better and Tanny has the better team behind
> him.

That's quite possibly the dumbest comparison I've seen at this place.

did you think to factor in that Tanne lost his best WR early in the game?

Are you saying Henne is better?

I thought lawyers were smarter than that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2013 02:36PM by jsm08.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 01:58PM

You stupid shits cried for moore early in the year until he shit himself in buffalo last week.

then you made excuses for him that aren't allowed tannehill.

do you guys read what you write?

Date: December 29, 2013 02:01PM

For those who say RT can't hit the deep ball. Here's some food for thought.

RT's 2013 numbers: 20+ 42, 40+ 10

P. Manning: 2013 20+ 67, 40+ 12

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 02:28PM

I really think those who want RT replaced are completely clueless
he's got 2 problems---deep accuracy and pocket awareness. otherwise he's pretty complete which is fairly amazing given his inexperience. how many years have we been waiting for a decent QB with upside at the position? and you want to dump him after 2 seasons. For who??

Posted by: FinFanNo1 ()
Date: December 29, 2013 04:02PM

Not saying "dump him". He's still the starter.... But he might have shown all he's got at this point (he's had two years as a starter). I hope he's got more. I'm not saying he's a bad QB but he hasn't performed anywhere near well enough to say he's beyond reproach.

The upcoming draft will be a pretty deep one for QBs. RT's contract is up in 2015..... but the 2015 draft looks like it might be a thin one for QBs. All things considered, drafting a decent QB prospect in 2014 seems like a smart move. Maybe spend a third or forth round pick on one.. Or higher if good talent falls to us.... But I don't want to enter the last year of RT's contract (2015) with limited options.

Date: December 29, 2013 04:04PM

Date: December 29, 2013 06:10PM

Date: December 29, 2013 06:20PM

JSM08, why don't you start your own website called

"happydolphintalkonly.com."

???????????????????????????????????????????/////

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:25AM

"The deep ball is only a small part of what a QB does." Maybe if all you're doing is looking at completion numbers. But when the THREAT of the deep ball isn't even hardly there....

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:31AM

FinFanNo1 Wrote:
> I'm not saying he's a bad QB but he hasn't
> performed anywhere near well enough to say he's
> beyond reproach.

EXACTLY.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:50AM

Hey fellas in my opinion Matt Moore was good enough too lead this team with out drafting Tannebitch. I am sorry, but how in the hell did he play so poorly the last 2 games, and act like it really wasn't a big deal. I think Moore at least throws a better deep ball, and that's what needed with a player like Wallace. He Chyren do you like his new name? I could not think of any thing else too call him.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:52AM

Tannehill IS a problem.

I laughed out loud at the one comment: his only problems are he cant throw deep ball AND his pocket awareness, Those are HUGE issues as he does play QB!!!

I'll stand by my statement that if Moore had started the season the Dolphins would be in the playoffs.

Tannehill was average this year and sucked when needed most.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 30, 2013 04:09AM

Tanne is not beyond reproach but he showed improvement this year and as far as I am concerned he is part of the solution. His stats this year (his nfl 2nd) are better than Henne who is in his 6th year and still is pretty much the same guy he was in MIA.

Tanne is ok but this year we drop Moore and grab someone in rnds 4/5 and there should be some good qb's available.

Morris UMia I like this guy even w/ the bowl debacle. His setups and throws look good (most of the time). At time it looks as if a lot of guys quit at UM but I always have liked this guy. He is play in 2 alls star bowls so it will be good to see him play outside of 'The U'.

Fales - San Jose State I saw this guy play several times this year and twice last year. Good command of the WC offense. Arm is not the strongest but good connections on slants and intermediate routes. He stunk the Nevada game and that bothers me a bit.

Price UW - Looked good the few times I watched him play this year. I saw one ESPN pre game show where they had Russel Wilson tutoring him which ironed out several of his throwing kinks. Again might be available in rnd 4/5.

If the kid from LSU, Mettenburger(sp)is there in 4th grab him.

I agree we don't need a new qb or rb but the oline will need overhauling. I think we need to sign in f/a and draft both a guard and tackle. I would not resign any of our offensive free agents. Maybe a one year contract for McKenzie, maybe.

btw Pouncey making all pro stinks. How can a center w/ our running game and sacks allowed make all pro? There are several centers in the nfl that should be pi$$ed.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 30, 2013 04:18AM

Did you people really expect a 2nd year QB to carry this entire team on his back all season with a folding defense and invisible offensive line?

And we need a new defensive line? and not LB'ers? drinking smiley

Did you actually watch our stud MLB get run over by a QB?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.