Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Can we Please for Gods sake fire someone now??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Can we Please for Gods sake fire someone now??
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:31AM

This coaching staff sucks all the way across the board, ireland has to go and lets start over. What the hell was tannehill thinking? he is just freaking awful today. Great qb do not have games like this. and i am so damn glad that they didnt think reggie bush was worth 4 million. Maybe just maybe the get rid of these ass clowns that are posing as rb. Makes me sick but i am almost so glad they lost and i hope they lose next week to, maybe Mr. Ross will ask his wife for his balls back for christmas. who knows stranger things have happened!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can we Please for Gods sake fire someone now??
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:40AM

No because there is only one person to blame and that is Philbin and you guys love him.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:44AM

Philbin didn't pick these dogs#!T players did he?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:47AM

I agree. Fire McKinnie, Brennan and Jerry. They were outclassed.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:37PM

McKinnie, Brennan and Jerry may not be back, But Brenner is a backup against #1 pick. Plain and simple our drafting has sucked for the last 15-20. We have been unable to build with too many bust drafts

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:40PM

And we give the GM an extension after 3 games. terrible management, jumping the gun, decision and will have to pay him even though he won't be here!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:25PM

the roster just isn't very good.

our d line is getting close to 40mm this year. are they playing like 40mm?

our safeties are mediocre at best. the lbs a making a mint and playing like shit.

our oline is a joke.

i'm amazed we've won 8 games.

Date: December 22, 2013 01:38PM

Exclude this game and the New Orleans game, Jsm08, and we could have won every game we played.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:44PM

We faced a superior defensive line; a strong offensive line with powerful running backs. Totally mismatched and outclassed today in every way. sad smiley

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:53PM

Other teams have found ways to neutralize Buffalo's strengths. They are, after all, in the cellar of our division.

Date: December 22, 2013 01:58PM

Date: December 22, 2013 01:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exclude this game and the New Orleans game, Jsm08,
> and we could have won every game we played.

and we could have lost every game.

I credit the coaching for giving us a chance in almost every game with this crap roster.

Date: December 22, 2013 02:05PM

Date: December 22, 2013 02:16PM

I agree.

the guy hiring the employees should get canned for putting this crap on the field.

Date: December 22, 2013 02:37PM

err Philbin is the guy running the company in my analogy.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 12:32AM

Ireland is not very good at drafting, and has no clue how to put together a decent o-line. A good Head Coach will gameplan around the strengths of his players and the weaknesses of the opponent, but Philbin will not do that. He has his system, and that's carved in stone. He may be okay as an assistant running the organizational side of things, but has no business being an NFL Head Coach. He reminds me of Sparano in that he stubbornly sticks to a plan, even when it's not working. Philbin has his almighty "system", and Sparano had his playcounts. How many times was Ricky Williams hot, and he was pulled for Ronnie Brown or vice versa?

Date: December 23, 2013 01:52AM

well there you have it. fire everyone.

cut every player, gut the staff and start from scratch.

if you guys got your way the staff would be replace annually and the roster turned over once a year.

where you can't whiff is FA. you just can't spend a ton on wheeler and Ellerbe and expect them to suddenly become studs because they're getting paid.

couple that with mediocre to poor drafting and you get the dolphins the past 5 years.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 02:06AM

No I'm tired of this excuse of poor players. Yes Ireland could do better, but its our coaching which is to blame. Making a DE a Nt was risky and stupid, keep playing the same @#$%& plays on offense when they are not working is stupid. Not keeping Solai in most downs with Starks with odrick and Wake stupid. Not bring cornerback blitzes morez stupid. I can go on and on, I mean who the @#$%& admits too not practice the deep ball a lot with a person you just spent 60 million to obtain. I mean what in any reality do you not have that down? In what realm of stupidity does coaches keep non blocking rbs in the game instead of bringing and keeping Sims and anyone else who at least can block a little in the game, or switch formations to max protect?

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 03:52AM

I've said this before, but I couldn't care less whether this coaching staff stays or goes (they'll probably stay particularly if they finish 9-7). The one person that has to go is Ireland. Who drafted John Jerry? Who drafted Jonathan Martin? Who signed Tyson Clabo? This is without a doubt the worst offensive line I've ever seen in my over 30 years of watching NFL games. Even in games where they've won, the offensive line has been putrid. The wins this year have been in spite of the line, not because of it. Then to top it off, you sign two new linebackers to big contracts who have been abysmal failures this year. Dan Marino couldn't win with this collection of stiffs masquerading as offensive lineman. Honestly, I'm shocked that they've won 8 games this year. With the number of sacks that have been given up and the utter futility of the running game, I would've thought it more likely that it would've have been a 2 or 3 win year. Fire Ireland and hire a competent personnel guy and watch whoever ends up coaching look like a genius. You can't make chicken salad... etc.

Date: December 23, 2013 04:27AM

well said, fins72.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2013 05:16AM

Come on now.

Martin was a good pick and graded well when he was taken. Ireland could not have known that he would turn out to be such a monumental sissy.

Jerry was much the same (a promising pick)...his problem is that he was drafted to play in project big...he's not an athletic guy that has good feet like we currently need to run the WCO.

Clabo was a former pro bowl player and played well with his former team...no one could have predicted that he'd stink as badly as he has this season.

Ellerbe and Wheeler...again high quality players prior to coming here and very fast...they were good pick ups in F/A. Ireland could not have known they'd underachieve like they have.

This team needs more than anything the following;

1. Continuity...NO offensive coaching or system changes! Replacing Sherman seems like a great idea until you relaize that we'd have yet another new system for the players to learn and that would set us back half of the season to get everyone on the same page. It would also stall RT's development. If we could get rid of him while keeping the current system in place I'd be all for it. On defense I think we could immediately benefit from a system change. We have the players on that side of the ball and we are not using them as effectively as we could IMHO.

2. Consistency...staying the course albeit with some carefully selected and needed tweaks.

3. Quality...more IMPACT players. Guys we drafted this year HAVE TO step up next season and we HAVE to add PLAYMAKERS in the off season...no more depth/mediocre/special teams guys.

4. A group of starters along the O-Line that provides Miller, Thomas, Gillislee, etc. enough room to run past them before getting hit. While also allowing RT more than 2 seconds to survey the field and throw to recevers who actually have time to get open.

5. Cutting our sacks allowed in half.

5. Dion Jordan actually playing the vast majority of snaps next year.

Date: December 23, 2013 05:18AM

Making a DE a NT? What? I can only assume you are talking about Odrick but if that's where you are placing the blame, you are way off. ODrick is having his best year. He was an oversized 4-3 DE and is more of a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT (3-technique) He is not playing NT.

He comes in the game in place of Soliai but it is a different formation....nickle defense. Basically playing two, 3-tech DT's as pass rushers.

and Ireland could be better BUT???? Talk about an understatent.

His poor drafting is masked for a few weeks at a time but tends to show up as inconsistent. Just when you think players like Clay are the real deal, they disappear but every single player had a hand in this loss. Hartline dropped more balls than I've ever seen. Tannehill was innacurate. Our pass rush was nonexistent as were our LB's. Matt Moore...really? To top it off, his draft picks contributed nothing this year. We couldn't even rely on any of them for a spark.

Every year Ireland sends this team into the season with gaping holes. Last year it was WR and DB. This year it is the O-line. Even with our two lost starters, there were MAJOR questions about our LT since Martin sucked the year before as well.

Was it really smart to gamble on TWO high prices free agent linebackers when we had HUGE holes on the offensive line with no depth? If it aint broke, don't fix it. Obviously Ireland is not familiar with this theory and it was a HUGE mistake. Put Burnett and Dansby back on this team and maybe we give up a few blitz sacks but we also gain big time run support as well as good coverage on TE's and RB's. Probably worth one or two more wins.

Take that FA money (Wheeler and Ellerbe) and get a few quality lineman and that probably equals a few more wins.

There are many issues on this team from the Personnel department to coaches to players. It not just one person that is to blame but with SO many issues it all comes back to general management.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 05:26AM

Hey I'm fine with firing Ireland. I'm just saying he isn't the worst gm out there.

Date: December 23, 2013 05:31AM

Date: December 23, 2013 05:34AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2013 06:45AM

League wide since 1960 GM's only hit on an average of somewhere in the vacinity of 22% of thier draft picks. (Using games started and pro-bowl apperances as a standard)

There are a select few who have sucess rates as high as 60% but numbers that high are only in single drafts.

Overall the sucess rate is around 30% (+ or - 3%) of total players taken either in F/A or the draft.

Ireland is right there.

Even the very few all world GM's have sucess rates around 40%...meaning they fail on the majority of all players taken.

So to say that Ireland should have known that a player would turn out to be a sissy when the evidence at the time showed otherwise...is well inaccurate.

Date: December 23, 2013 07:55AM

We had 4 players with a positive grade yesterday. One on offense (Tyson Clabo) and 3 on defense...Rashad Jones, Brent Grimes and Koa Misi.

I know people don't believe in PFF but it looks pretty accurate to me.

They will never win with that kind of performance.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 23, 2013 08:00AM

I don't think anyone around here has "the answer," and its obvious that Phlbin & Ireland are incapable of producing a CONSISTENT product.

It's beyond me how this team can go to Buffalo and get SKUNKED by a crap team playing a number of 2nd teamers! It's just unimaginable that a WELL COACHED team would lay such a rotten, stinky, putrid egg.

Frankly, at this point, after so many of these miserable let-downs and abysmal performances when it matters I don't give a crap what this team does anymore. But they are certainly FRAUDS when it comes to ever considering them a viable playoff team.

Total. F**king. Sham.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 08:01AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: December 23, 2013 09:36AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well there you have it. fire everyone.
>
> cut every player, gut the staff and start from
> scratch.
>
> if you guys got your way the staff would be
> replace annually and the roster turned over once a
> year.
>
> where you can't whiff is FA. you just can't spend
> a ton on wheeler and Ellerbe and expect them to
> suddenly become studs because they're getting
> paid.
>
> couple that with mediocre to poor drafting and you
> get the dolphins the past 5 years.j

According to u, everything EXCEPT the coaches is to blame. But the question that blows u away is if the rest of the org including players is so bad, how come we damn near won EVERY gameI we played? It.s OK to criticize the teacher!!!!

Date: December 23, 2013 01:25PM

the coaches hold some blame too but they weren't out there getting bull rushed.

you run from thread to thread telling anyone that will listen that you think philbin should be fired.

I don't. Get over yourself.

The team just went 5-3 following a huge distraction with a thin skinned pussy that shouldn't be playing in the NFL. Did you give him any credit for keeping the team together? no. you blamed him for the distraction.

Your hatred is noted. You won't convince me he's the main problem so stop following my every post trying to do so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 01:39PM by jsm08.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.