Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You think its bad now? You better buckle up...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
You think its bad now? You better buckle up...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 05, 2013 02:55AM

Ive spoken with several sources from within the Dolphins locker room who have said this is just the tip of the iceberg and that Richie Incognito holds all the cards.

Why?

Because Richie has enough dirt, evidence, and proof to turn the Dolphins locker room upside down.

The Dolphins use the "$4 million balance" as the reason why they havent cut Richie, but in fact, that is not the reason.

Dawn Aponte is trying all she can to ensure Richie doesnt blow the top off of this thing.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You think its bad now? You better buckle up...
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:06AM

Is your source richie's dad?

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:09AM

Agreed. There are going to be several other players that get sucked into this controversy. Philbin wont last the season. He may not last two weeks. Ireland is done as well.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:25AM

If the rookie tax story is true Incog & Philbin are finished. The only thing Incog holds is his bag of sh*t. Any other veteran invoved in the 'rookie tax' story is going down too. No wonder we coud not keep or develop quality olinemen. I said something was rotten in Phinland.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:35AM

If this is the case, we ain't ever going to get a quality team. We need a hurricane in the next few years in south Florida to get a championship. (devastating one at that).

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:43AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If this is the case, we ain't ever going to get a
> quality team. We need a hurricane in the next few
> years in south Florida to get a championship.
> (devastating one at that).

So you want a devastating hurricane to hit florida don't you??

Why dont you go dance naked in front of a hurricane yourself you stupid invecile?

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 05, 2013 03:50AM

I think their a hell of alot more to the story, and I would not be surprised if we don't find out some really outrageous events that took place between these two players. I can only say that I am embarrassed to be a fan of this team right now. I don't think that their is a place in society for bullying, and if Martin were my child. Incognito would be looking over his shoulder constantly because I would make sure that he got his.

Date: November 05, 2013 03:54AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If this is the case, we ain't ever going to get
> a
> > quality team. We need a hurricane in the next
> few
> > years in south Florida to get a championship.
> > (devastating one at that).
>
>
>
> So you want a devastating hurricane to hit florida
> don't you??
>
> Why dont you go dance naked in front of a
> hurricane yourself you stupid invecile?

Doing my dance now.

Date: November 05, 2013 03:56AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> -----
> > dolfan1 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If this is the case, we ain't ever going to
> get
> > a
> > > quality team. We need a hurricane in the next
> > few
> > > years in south Florida to get a championship.
> > > (devastating one at that).
> >
> >
> >
> > So you want a devastating hurricane to hit
> florida
> > don't you??
> >
> > Why dont you go dance naked in front of a
> > hurricane yourself you stupid invecile?
>
>
> Doing my dance now.

Make sure you stand still so that lightning can click the top of your head.

Date: November 05, 2013 03:57AM

If this story is true heads are going to roll 15K from one rookie to finanace a trip for Incog and his boys to Vegas another guy was happy to get the hell out of MIA.

Date: November 05, 2013 04:02AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> If this story is true heads are going to roll 15K
> from one rookie to finanace a trip for Incog and
> his boys to Vegas another guy was happy to get the
> hell out of MIA.

Pro sports is full of prisoner types, if you are going to be an NFL player you must realize what you are getting into. Want to make the big $$$$$ then man up and take it like the thug you are. If not go get a burger flipping job and make $7 and hour.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:08AM

Guys, it's only my opinion, but what we are slowing learning, trickle of info here and there, some reliable info some with "spin" on it is that there is a culture in NFL locker rooms that permits hazing as a right of passage. Intimidating rookies, playing pranks on them has been going on ad infinitum. However, when does behavior of this ilk cross the line and become full blown intimidation. Since NFL football is a business, playing football is an occupation. Dislike between employees happens daily in every business environment. It is disruptive and frowned upon by management because too much effects production and profits, No body likes to work in an environment when one feels the pressures from fellow employees that may or may not have anything to do with performance--doing the job.

In the weeks ahead, more information will come to light. What I perceive as the problem is management. There could be a management structure in place that has isolated itself from the players, meaning there is no strong relationship between players and coaches, no open door policy, so to speak that would allow a player to visit a coach to discuss problems with other players. Fearful of retaliation from management as well as fellow players who see that behavior as inappropriate may be at the bottom of it. It all amounts to a condition that is not fruitful.

Something has to give and it will result in changes from management, after the fact, to stifle and change the culture. It will also be something the NFL may try to change, and it may become an issue with the players union. This change would be a systemic one. It won't be easy. I also suspect that other teams have the same problem especially teams that are not winning.

Incognito and Martin are history with the team. Neither will ever play again in a Dolphins uniform. That's my take on things right now. I may be wrong...we shall see.

Date: November 05, 2013 04:13AM

That's BS all of you guys talking as if you know have never been close to a professional locker room.

This is the dumbest *** comment so far.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:50AM

Incognito is no doubt a punk/thug wanna be. Martin is no doubt a 12 yo puss in a 320lb body, Pouncey is a black version of Incognito more than likely (Free Hernandez??? NIGHT CLUB PHOTOS GIVING GANG SIGNS??? Really???) and you can bet your bottom dollar their IS hazing, drugs, partying, prostitution and all the other kinds of non sense that one would expect from a bunch of spoiled wealthy brats living near South Beach...ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN NO LEADERSHIP ON OR OFF THE FIELD and NO ACCOUNTABILITY is required of them by the Organization. I hope whatever/whoever 'has' on this bunch of miscreants comes out in spades...THEN maybe we can TRULY CLEAN HOUSE and start the REAL rebuilding of this franchise we all love...damn what a disgrace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2013 05:00AM by KB.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:55AM

If I'm in charge, regardless of what "cards" Incognito may or may not have, I cut him immediately. Quite frankly, his play wasn't that much better than the rest of the offensive line anyway. Next, I begin planning the house cleaning that's going to happen as soon as the last game becomes final. Ireland out. Philbin and staff out. Next, I'm making my list of potential GMs that I can get to rebuild (and I mean total rebuild) this team from the foundation upward.

One last bit of irony that I thought of when reading some of the so-called experts opinions on the situation. Scott Pioli was quoted as saying that he didn't want Incognito when he was a GM and wouldn't want him now. Wasn't Pioli's father in law in charge when they brought Incognito to Miami?

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:57AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 05, 2013 05:23AM

If this IS bigger than it seems, I'm wondering how far back this goes. Sparano? Parcells?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:06AM

i think everyone needs to chill a bit. what bombshells are really out there? Martin had to buy Richie's dinner? Vets were mean to rookies? Incog maybe used racial slurs here and there? other than the last one, which to me is unfortunate but not really earth shattering, big freaking deal. I don't see this as the end of the franchise as we know it, as some seem to be suggesting. embarassing? yes, but the good news is maybe it will wake Ross up to the fact that he needs to get a real GM in there to run the team (and maybe a new HC).

Date: November 05, 2013 08:12AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> If I'm in charge, regardless of what "cards"
> Incognito may or may not have, I cut him
> immediately."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thats the problem. Dawn Aponte doesnt want Richie cut due to the info he has.

Ive spoken DIRECTLY with a player Agent. Not going to say this persons name, if you dont believe me, thats fine.

1. Philbin was approached months ago by Martin for this bullying stuff. Joe did nothing, Ireland did nothing.

2. Richie Incognito has first hand knowledge of atleast a half dozen veteran players who are using illegal drugs... Pouncey and Martin were two names I was given.

3. Pouncey is DIRECTLY involved with the Hernandez case, as Pouncey has been financing Aaron in his illegal gun ring.

4. Ross was approached on two different occasions last month to sell the team, he thought about it, but refused.

5. Dawn Aponte knows Richie has serious dirt that spider webs throughout the entire organziation, if Richie tells, the whole franchise is turned upside down.

Right now, Aponte is trying as hard as she can to help Richie (hence the Phins original backing statement of Richie), because, if Richie tells, EVERYBODY is gone.

Aponte is holding on to hope that Richie is too close with Pouncey and due to that, wont tell all the dirt he knows.

Again, believe me if you want. Not here to make you a believer. Here to tell you to buckle up, and be ready.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 01:44AM by Aqua&Orange.

Date: November 05, 2013 08:15AM

Also,

I was told there was a lot of other news, but I wasnt given access to that.

So, take all this for what you want.

---------------------

Date: November 05, 2013 08:25AM

How the hell do you spend 57 thousand dollars on dinner anyways man?

Is it golden steaks...?

Maybe its the booze thats expensive....

For like 50 people or so....Maybe 5 to 7 grand tops....A nice steak dinner and some drinks. And at 5 or 7 grand its still expensive!!!

Like i said golden steaks.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:27AM

Two things I would take from that....

If Incognito is released as is being reported, he will have one hell of a time getting a new team to hire him. He opens his mouth and stirs things up, he will never work in the NFL again. He tells about drug use and he becomes untouchable like Jose Canseco.

Ross selling the team...an agent is privy to this info? unlikely but wouldn't bother me if he sold it.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around Pouncey being involved in illegal guns but we know he is not the brightest bulb. What is this Sons of Anarchy? University of Florida version? Crazier things have happened I guess.

I would be shocked if Philbin knew being he so vehemently denied any knowledge. he always seemed like an honorable guy to me even if he may not be the best HC. Surely he wouldn't be so stupid if he knew other facts would come out.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: November 05, 2013 08:36AM

Incog VS The Miami Dolphins (w/ the NFL backing them up) Incog gets squashed like the bug he is.

Date: November 05, 2013 08:56AM

He is about to live up to his name.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 05, 2013 08:56AM

Crazy stuff.

If Philbin and Ireland knew about the bullying stuff months ago and did nothing the need to be fired yesterday.

I'm not sure about the Pouncey stuff. Hernandez was making more than him but you knew that relationship was going to bite us after the whole "free hernandez" thing so I guess anything is possible.

I'm sure Ross gets asked about selling the team frequently. Not sure that is news.

As for the drugs... I don't care about that. Everyone in the league uses PED's and the league will do away with penalizing people for smoking pot as more and more states legalize it.

Crazy stuff.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:08AM

someone mentione when chad johnson went to the team saying he was having trouble at home and they just starred at him.

who knows.... i do find it interesting the rest of the team back RI and not martin.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:08AM

Unless Incognito has proof in the form of pictures, recordings and text messages he will just look like a loonie lashing out at everybody around him.
Richie and Martin are already gone. Ireland and Philbin both need to go along with the lawyer.
Another rebuild? Been there, done that.
Anything that is still to come out doesn't really mean squat unless you are still trying to salvage this season.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 05, 2013 09:15AM

I think the Philbin being approached about bullying is not as clear as it seems.... The coaches probably wanted to toughen Martin up, So Martin complaining someone was being to hard on him, might not have carried much weight, nor at the time be taken as bullying... Since that is what they wanted and Martin needed... This whole someone is being to tough on me in an NFL locker room, is pussy talk.... The racial slurs and threats are another story... If he didnt tell Philbin about threats adn racial slurs, I dont think it is much of a story.... But as most of Incognito team mates seem to think Richie was just joking and being a fool, like he is known to do.... And Martin was and is being a pussy as he was known to do... Non story....

A ton of NFL players do drugs, that is no secret... Hell in my younger days I can tell you that one of the Dolphins players was actually a pot dealer while he was on the team, and it wasnt Ricky, but same era and he supplied Ricky...

Every organization has these skeletons in their closet, none of it is any new news.... As someone above said, it is just Incognito going Conseco, or like Jon Martin...self destruction at its finest...

Ross having offers to sell the team, how is that scandalous info that Incognito can burn the team with?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2013 09:17AM by Crowder52.

Date: November 05, 2013 09:40AM

The selling of the team info is not scandalous. Just figured I would throw that info in.

---------------------

Date: November 05, 2013 10:14AM

Offensive lineman Jonathan Martin did not approach Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin to voice his concerns about instances of alleged harassment, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.