HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pats choke, Amendola hurt already...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pats choke, Amendola hurt already...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 22, 2013 07:19PM

Lions 40, Pats 9

4 turnovers on first 5 drives.

The East is ripe for the pickin....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pats choke, Amendola hurt already...
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 02:25AM

That injury will hurt them, but I wouldn't quite say their season is over just yet. smiling smiley I really want to see what happens when the real season starts if just to see who they got hiding on that roster. I think it will be the same old Pats, effective offense, deficient defense.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 23, 2013 02:40AM

What can you learn from the pre- season the Buffalo Bills under Jim Kelley rarely won a pre-season game. However they did dominate the AFC east in the 90's much to our dismay. The pre-season means good teams only go through the motions while the bad teams try, and make themselves think that they might actually be good.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 23, 2013 03:10AM

I haven't seen anything about Amendola's inj., how bad is he hurt? (purely for fantasy purposes)

Date: August 23, 2013 03:11AM

TRUE^^^^^ This is a time to check out the depth, see what works and what doesn't. All Belichick learned is that a lot didn't work that night. From his history , he probably learned a lot from that experience and will be a better Team because of that lost.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 23, 2013 03:17AM

No, their season isn't over just yet BUT...it does show, once again, what it takes to beat the Pats and take them out of their game. Harrass the QB and get pressure from the front 4. Easier said than done but we should be able to pull it off with this squad. We have the the front 4 and now should have a improved secondary that will only make it harder for offenses.

It would be ironic if the Pats suffer from the same mistakes that have plagued Miami for years....hiring people with a history of one thing and expecting them to be something different...ala Amendola and his injury history.

They are counting on him big time with the departure of Welker. It is a quick outlet and a weapon that counteracts blitzing defenses and pressure up the middle.

They also don't have the PB TE's....and don't really have a deep threat.

Starting at the "X" position is an undrafted FA. Kenbrell Thompkins, (cousin of Antonio Brown) has apparently impressed enough to start and take over for Brandon Lloyd. He runs a 4.54 40 but is pretty quick and blocks well. He's 6'1 193.

He is a JUCO guy who transfered to Cincy. Played HS at Miami Northwest. His brother Kendal is a senior WR for U of Miami.

The starting TE is Zach Sudfeld. Another Undrafted FA who played at Nevada. He's 6'7 255.

Sudfeld = Undrafted rookie 4.77 40
Thompkins = Undrafted Rookie 4.52 40
Amendola = Undrafted, 4.58 40

.....................................................................................

Date: August 23, 2013 03:25AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TRUE^^^^^ This is a time to check out the depth,
> see what works and what doesn't. All Belichick
> learned is that a lot didn't work that night. From
> his history , he probably learned a lot from that
> experience and will be a better Team because of
> that lost.

What he learned is not exactly breaking news...You can't turn the ball over and you have to catch the ball. 4 turnovers in first 5 possessions from everyone (including Brady) except Thompkins.

He probably also learned that he would rather have Gronk and Hernandez starting instead of undrafted FA rookies.

and Reggie Bush is hard to cover. (5 rec 103 yards)

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: August 23, 2013 04:29AM

Over the past 10-12 years, teams that have beaten the Pats have had strong pass rushing defensive tackles. Brady does very well dealing with edge rushers; but pressure up the middle completely destroys his confidence and decision making.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 11:33AM

eesti Wrote:

> and Reggie Bush is hard to cover. (5 rec 103
> yards)

Looks like Detroit has figured out how to correctly utilize Bush like our coaches never could. I didn't watch the game. Is he still being used to run up the middle?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 11:40AM

Maybe detroit has a better Oline and blockers overall than the phins do.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 11:44AM

I've heard this "imside rush" statement before, and I'm not sure I buy it. Seems to me outside rusher Jason Taylor dominated Brady on more than one occasion...

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2013 02:43PM

Welker gone, Hernandez in jail, and Amendola now hurt, does not look like good news for the man who BNF calls the lady.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 23, 2013 05:00PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2013 07:40PM

Keep your eye out for Zimmerman, BNF. I hear now he's trying to purchase a powerful ass shotgun, now.

LOL. Just kiddin' Treasure. If I were him I'd want an ICBM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.