HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jordan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jordan
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 23, 2013 06:55AM

To early to call this guy a bust?

Why on earth we traded up to draft a guy with an injured shoulder is crazy to me. not to mention the DL was already a strength of the team. Seems totally crazy to draft a DE that uses their shoulder on every play that high with a known injury.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 07:11AM

You are a bust dolphin!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 23, 2013 07:49AM

Yes, it's way too early but that Tyler Eifert pick isn't looking to bad right about now.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 23, 2013 08:22AM

not looking good DE with bad shoulder like drafting a QB with a bad arm.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 23, 2013 10:24AM

Date: August 23, 2013 10:34AM

Date: August 23, 2013 10:55AM

LOL. The entire post EXCEPT FOR THE LAST sentence is a defense of the top choice made by them and the last sentence was just saying "you know I'm telling the truth because I usually don't like these guys and now I'm defending them"

...........and your question is why I don't like them....LOL. LOL.

Date: August 23, 2013 11:25AM

Them no....I know you dislike fireland...

I hadnt read you dislike philbin as well.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 23, 2013 11:47AM

Bust? NO!

Problematic? Yes!

I love the kids athleticism and by golly he has a damn fine football "mean streak" that's gonna be AWESOME to watch when (and if???) this shoulder issue gets resolved...

My concern is... the 1st surgery has "complications" and there's need for additional "work" to get the area right.

If (???????????) that's the case -- I'd rather see the kid go IR than try and eek some face-saving mileage out of him with a wing that's still in need of repair.

Somehow I get the feeling the latter is what's going down.

BNF. yet to be continued.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 11:50AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 12:58PM

I agree BNF, if Jordans shoulder isnt right, we dont need to use him this year for Ireland to save face on the pick. This year isnt that important for the kid, the only important part of this year is not to do more damage by trying to play on a shoulder that isnt right. I dont think this kid is a bust unless he cant get healed... The kid needs to get stronger and put on some more upper body strength before he really reaches his potential anyways... we have depth at the position, no big deal, I wasnt expecting to much this year anyways, other then maybe a few speed sacks on 3rd down packages... maybe an int.... his health long term is worth much more then that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: August 23, 2013 01:16PM

I'm not sold at all on him. I did not like the way he put too much confidence in Carpenter to the point that he robbed Carpenter of that very confidence. I thought he was as bad on the reckless end as Sparano was on the conservative end. Sparano would have won that game against the Jets because Sparano would have kept running the ball until Carpenter was in "can't miss" range whereas Philbin figured that Carpenter has made 50 plus yarders so he couldn't possibly miss a 48 yarder to avoid overtime so why not go for a pass on 3rd and 10 instead of running the ball to ensure the victory that would have avoided overtime.

Date: August 23, 2013 01:22PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:52PM

I'd much rather see an agressive coach willing to take chances by throwing on third down (Philbin) and trusting your kicker to make a fairly routine kick vs an ultra conservative coach that won't go for the throat and wants to run too much...aka Sparano, Wanny, JJ.

Date: August 23, 2013 02:00PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sold at all on him. I did not like the
> way he put too much confidence in Carpenter to the
> point that he robbed Carpenter of that very
> confidence.

I don't think he robbed carpenter of his confidence at all.......It wasn't like he made him kick a 60 plus yard field goal...

It was very doable. Carpenter just missed it because he wasn't very good last year.

Date: August 23, 2013 02:35PM

Ken, like everything else there is such a thing as going TOO FAR.

Let's supposed we weren't tied but 1 point BEHIND.

Then would you favor going for a long pass on third down (and he had Tanny passing to about the 10 yard line) or would you favor taking the 2 point win.

It's easy to defend Philbin since we still had a chance to win in overtime but to me, a chance to put the game away is a chance to put the game away is a chance to put the game away a thousand times no matter how you slice it.

And avoiding overtime to me on one hand and actually LOSING outright because you could have kicked a game winning field goal while 1 or two points BEHIND is just as crazy reckless and playing ever series to only kick field goals as did Sparano is crazy conservative.

I think you righteously hate Sparano so much that anything is a good change from him but I don't losing, whether from under-confidence in our passing game like Sparano or OVER CONFIDENCE in the kicking game like Philbin.

To me a loss is a loss and if it could have been prevented, I'm gonna come down hard on the coach.

Date: August 23, 2013 02:39PM

samsam3738 Wrote:

>
> I don't think he robbed carpenter of his
> confidence at all.......It wasn't like he made him
> kick a 60 plus yard field goal...
>
> It was very doable. Carpenter just missed it
> because he wasn't very good last year.

True it wasn't a 60 yard field goal but when a 42 yard field goal will WIN THE GAME OUTRIGHT, why throw incomplete passes (I know he hoped those passes would be complete) down to the 10 yard line instead of bulldozing for three straight runs and turning the 48 yard FG into a 42 yard FG and winning the game and walking away.

Instead we had to go into overtime where we were beaten and an 8-8 record became a 7-9 record.

I don't trust coaches who do that because next time it will be going 11-5 instead of 12-4 and will cost us home field advantage and probably a superbowl ring.

Date: August 23, 2013 03:07PM

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> Instead we had to go into overtime where we were
> beaten and an 8-8 record became a 7-9 record.

We should had been 9-7............we lost another game because of carpenters inept kicking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.