HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is it me? Am I simply missing something
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Is it me? Am I simply missing something
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:59PM

Sorry, you're quite right, as long as the quotes aren't used to excess. I try either use quotes or attach the comment to the post I'm referencing.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:00PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Tannehill is a young QB. I don't care where he
> was drafted. To gain the skill of an elite QB
> takes time. Marino and a few others are the
> exceptions to that. Elway needed time. Brees
> needed time. Bradshaw needed a lot of time. It
> makes no difference where a person is drafted. "
> This is a true statement, but I believe it is
> incomplete. ALL of the QB's cited all had "IT",
> that foot-on-the-throat killer instinct. It might
> have taken these guys some time to hone the skills
> to use it, but it was CLEAR from the beginning
> that each had it. I haven't seen it from
> Tannehill. Maybe its because he hasn't yet honed
> his skills to that point, but I haven't seen a
> hint of "it" yet.

I can think of two recent Super Bowl winning QB's that didn't show "it" right away (IMO anyway), Eli Manning and Joe Flacco, I wasn't overly impressed with either one until their respective 3rd or 4th years.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 19, 2013 03:09PM

SamSam, and the rest of the board, think what THE Truth is asking you to do.

He has blocked me but when any other poster, say for example, dolphaholic, "quotes" me whether to argue with my position or not, Truth comes out and replies to that poster but to basically attacks my position.

Of course, since he has blocked me, he gets to have me see him attack my position, with a healthy amount of his own personal insults such as "crazy" "insane" etc. but his post is INSULATED (caps are for emphasis, not for screaming but to the mental patients among us it may seem that way) from any reply by me on the same subject......

UNLESS...someone quotes me as you did SamSam.

But like a parent, here he is instructing you to not do that because then he is forced to read my reply to him.

THAT'S WHY he doesn't want you to quote my post.

And if I were any of you I would be insulted by his basically "telling you not to do that" like a parent.

If I were you I'd tell him "If you don't want to hear him respond to you, don't respond to his posts even if they are 3rd party."

And let me tell how I'm not the bad guy. As you all know from previous posts, Truth and I fell out over an agreement to avoid each other's posts when he was PhinsFan2.

When "out of the blue" he decided to unblock me, granted without talking to him, I made the UNILATERAL decision not to attack any of his posts or not attack any position he made.

In short, I was going to carry out the agreement that led to him flipping out the first time.

but guess what....along came the Boston Bombing and when it got into a thing about law enforcement and the death penalty, he attacked my posts. I responded and there is an ole saying that if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

He started attacking first and when I responded, he blocked me again, infuriated at the very idea that someone would continue to argue with him.

And as I said before, he left right at the convenient time when he did not have to explain why he felt prosecutors should be put to death if an innocent man is executed but not judges or jurors.

But you are all men here. You should have the backbone to tell THE Truth that...

"If you attack Chyrenb's position and he replies to your attack, we're gonna quote him so you can hear his reply. If you don't want to hear him attack you then be a man and don't attack him... and by the way, we are NOT your children such that you can tell us what to do and what not to do."

Are there any men among you?

Date: August 19, 2013 03:44PM

Back to the subject, it's like the ole Supreme Court justice said about obscenity, "I may not know how to define it, but I know it when I see it."

I hear all of your statistics and articles about what we ran last year and what we are running this year, and I still say that it seems to me that Tanny ran more of an option last year than this year and it seems to me from the preseason games, he is sitting back in the pocket more.

Yes, the blocking sucks worse but last year he took the snap and ran laterally deciding whether to hand off pass or run. The sucky blocking thus did not affect him as much. This year it seems he just drops back and gets sacked or waits until the blocking breaks down, which it does quickly and then tries to get away or he hurries the throw and it is nowhere near as accurate as last year's throws.

In short, I still say they have changed something.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 19, 2013 03:44PM

Why did this thread turn into a pissing contest? C'mon, this topic was just something I was observing or not observing in RT's play.

It shouldn't have become pistols at 6 paces....

Date: August 19, 2013 03:48PM

Date: August 19, 2013 03:57PM

Date: August 19, 2013 05:28PM

That's where you lose me Chyren, and when its time to bow out of a discussion, you've been proven to be 100% wrong by multiple posters, and you'll continue to argue your point as if you're right........I'm out

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:46PM

Yo. Can somebody spank the monkey? Please!

I think "Tannehill" is a too cutesy name for a franchise coitusback but that doesn’t stop me from admiring his wife's tight use of rural Texan twang with a tad of valley girl on the side. Baby.

Seriously. Can we do a bit of Kumbaya and circle ambulate the metaphoric Dolphin field and just stick to who has the bigger schmeckle?

Big. Nasty. Fish.

PS to the author: sorry for degrading your thread. But hey --- all is fair in love and war. Right?

Date: August 19, 2013 06:35PM

Spanking the monkey is not allowed. Didn't your junior high school teachers teach you that.

Date: August 19, 2013 06:40PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> That's where you lose me Chyren, and when its time
> to bow out of a discussion, you've been proven to
> be 100% wrong by multiple posters, and you'll
> continue to argue your point as if you're
> right........I'm out

Well holic. I'm gonna go and watch that 2nd quarter of the Houston pre season game that I missed. Apparently Tanny had a successful drive leading to a touchdown there. Maybe I'll change my opinion.

Date: August 20, 2013 02:16AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's where you lose me Chyren, and when its
> time
> > to bow out of a discussion, you've been proven
> to
> > be 100% wrong by multiple posters, and you'll
> > continue to argue your point as if you're
> > right........I'm out
>
>
> Well holic. I'm gonna go and watch that 2nd
> quarter of the Houston pre season game that I
> missed. Apparently Tanny had a successful drive
> leading to a touchdown there. Maybe I'll change
> my opinion.

Before you get it twisted, i'm not trying to change your opinion of T-Hill, but to say he ran a read option, pistol, run and gun, wishbone last year is 100% false, he's running the exact same offense this year as he did last year. I think you're confusing the no huddle that we ran alot early in the year with all of those other offenses.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:26AM

Ad Hominem, Ad Infinitum; I say there's no need for personal and continuing attacks. I'm not interested in perpetuating insults between various parties. That was not my intent. I don't post to prove anyone wrong or inaccurate. It's just discourse....

All I wanted was for those who might have been more observant, examined and reviewed more closely than me, the pre-season mechanics of our starting QB. Several opinions that followed degenerated into insults and defensive posturing. The thread was lost in space.

Curt or JC should close this thread. It's a dead horse.

Colonel

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 20, 2013 04:26AM

Colonel: request granted, sir.

It didn't get entirely out of hand,, but it got entirely off topic.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.