HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jenkins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jenkins
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 18, 2013 07:58AM

Has anyone seen anything from him that warranted a 4th rounder? haven't seen last nights game, can't recall even seeing him in first 2

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jenkins
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:02PM

Jenkins is a project IMO.. He has a lot of talent, but had injuries last year that prevented him from developing... IMO he should have stayed in college another year to develop... I wouldnt expect much from him till at least next year...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:15AM

With as good as our defensive line is, we sure don't have much depth at linebacker. Those guys were getting killed vs Houston. Freeney was always two step behind and late on tackles. I'm sure Jenkins was drafted on potential since Misi is a FA next year. Although, Jenkins won't offer much as leverage.

Ellerbe said yesterday he thought the starting defense played great but I don't know what game he was watching. I have not been impressed with any of our new LB's. They gave up too many big runs.

Ellerbe and Wheeler may offer more in a blitz but I have a feeling our run defense will suffer. They were dominant last year until a few injuries creeped up on the vets. Personally I am not a fan of blitzing. They got caught with their pants down vs Houston and gave up a few big plays. One was a pass to the RB in the flat with no defender within 20 yards.

Miami has a long history of great LBer's and I really don't like not having a dominant one in the middle. Can Ellerbe be that guy? We'll see but I have my doubts.

We have over 7 mil in dead cap space for Dansby and Burnett and Ellerbe makes 8 mil. Wheeler makes 8 mil...and I'm not sure either is better than Misi. So we basically have 23 mil tied up in two LB'er spots this year. They had better be all stars.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 03:25AM

I have not seen anything from our Lbs at all this preseason. Just wondering if they were being overshadowed by the dline play. Ellerbe knows the game I have faith in him from his days here in Bmore. Still not sure why we let K Burnett go and Misi has not done much since he has been here.

Date: August 20, 2013 03:34AM

I think Misi is underrated. The guy has started at 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB and 4-3 OLB. He was playing great last year. He seemed to find his nitch as a SLB in a 4-3 until he got injured. Did you see him in coverage vs the Texans....blanket on a receiver.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 04:14AM

I never saw great in his game, good at times. As i said I may be focusing on the d-line mostly this preseason. Pass coverage is supposed to be Jenkins strong point.

Date: August 20, 2013 04:56AM

I believe the production was great at times. Especially at the beginning of the season and especially for an outside LB'er. Typically it's the MLB and SS who collect all the tackles.

Misi had 11 tackles in the first game of the season and seemed to be making plays everywhere.

Week 3 - 8 tackles

Week 4 - 5 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 1 Forced Fumble
Week 5 - 5 tackles and a Forced Fumble

He may not be great but definitely underrated IMO.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: August 20, 2013 08:31AM

I like Misi. Who is Jenkins. I like 58 Robertson,,,, he is around the ball often and covers well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.