HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hartline tweeted about the Louisville's players injury
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hartline tweeted about the Louisville's players injury
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 31, 2013 03:20PM

that he had a similar injury his senior year of high school. I have much more respect for Hartline because he is a warrior to come back from that kind of injury to become a very good professional wide receiver just saying. I hope this play can recover dang that injury looks bad. I had a similar injury as well, and I still limp from it sometimes. I have lot's of respect from players that can come back from catastrophic injuries.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hartline tweeted about the Louisville's players injury
Date: March 31, 2013 05:32PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 31, 2013 06:24PM

Ugh that looked bad. I wish him well.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 01, 2013 02:35AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 01, 2013 03:35AM

That's the worst sports broken leg I've seen in sports since Joe Theisman.

My heart goes out to that kid.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 01, 2013 03:33PM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's the worst sports broken leg I've seen in
> sports since Joe Theisman.
>
> My heart goes out to that kid.

Does however remind me of that particular incident with Joe Theisman. When it happened, the guy who hit Theisman came over to Theisman lying on the ground before the medics carted him away to apologize and say how sorry he was.

Theisman arrogantly screamed at him "Go to Hell! I'll be back."

Then the guy who hit him said the comment that had me rolling on the floor which was "Not tonight you won't."

Theisman was always a jerk. Did you know that the proper pronunciation of his real name sounds like "Theese-man?"

When he went to Notre Dame, he insisted that everyone pronounce it "Thighs-man" to rhyme with HEISMAN. He's been know that way ever since.

However, He did pull that ball out of Bokamper's hand in the Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl which would have put the Dolphins up so far that it would have taken John Riggins out of the game and left the contest to a match between him and the Killer Bees, which we would have won.

But there is a good side to almost everything. If Theisman does not put that ball out of Bokamper (or was it Baumhower?)'s hand in the endzone, David Woodley would have been a quarterback that won the SuperBowl in his sophomore year and we may never have drafted Dan Marino.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 01, 2013 04:00PM

I am sorry he will never come back as the same player. somehow psychologically he will always feel like it might happen again. I sometimes do, and I never fully recovered form my injury either.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 02, 2013 06:45AM

Differs from person to person. I ripped my shoulder out of socket in high school a full 7 inches, did 7 months of rehab, came back better than ever. Friend of mine broke his arm, never would play RB again and converted to CB. Different psyches produce different results.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.