Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 03:55PM

How about Scott Pioli and Josh McDaniels, Urban Meyer, or Sean Payton? Would McDaniels go in division?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2016
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 04:42PM

Only guy I'd throw the dice with of that lot is Sean Payton. The rest would be failures.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 29, 2015 04:47PM

Mike Shanahan? Adam Gase? Jim Mora?

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: November 29, 2015 04:53PM

Josh Mcdaniels!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 01:06AM

mcdaniels and pioli were colossal failures once they left belichick.

mcdaniels drafted tebow and pioli ran the chiefs into the ground.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 30, 2015 12:33PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcdaniels and pioli were colossal failures once
> they left belichick.
>
> mcdaniels drafted tebow and pioli ran the chiefs
> into the ground.

You are correct, jsm, that McDaniels was a failure, however, so was Carrol. He left to coach in college and evidently learned a lot. He came back to the NFL and has done a good job. Maybe McDaniels can do the same.

There aren't a lot of big name coaches out there, but McDaniels is one and I've heard some good things about Gaze. College? I mentioned Mora some time ago, and Urban Meyer may be a good candidate.

Not a lot to choose from.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 30, 2015 01:58PM

well, you really can't expect perfection out of the second hand store.

The only exception in history was when the Baltimore Colts fired its young coach for being beaten in the Super Bowl by Joe Namath.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 03:39PM

bellihek also got fired from his first job. mcdaniels drafted tebow which was just ego on his part, but he was correct to draft Demarious Thomas and to trade Cutler, and hopefully he's learned from his past mistakes. I think we could do worse than McDaniels and I'd rather have Pioli than Tannenbaum any day, as at least he actually has built a winning team before

Posted by: Phins5.0 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 03:47PM

Jim Mora Sr!
Dan Reeves!

Date: November 30, 2015 07:07PM

Stick with Campbell.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 04:05AM

The question is do any of these guys want to come here to miami?

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 06:19AM

Fire Tannenbaum, hire a solid GM and the rest falls in place. Keeping Tannenbaum is the same old crap that this franchise has done in the past and that's gotten us here in the first place.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 06:36AM

Guys we got rejected by Jeff Fisher who went to St Louis last go around, Jeff Fisher and St Louis really? We got rejected by Ray Farmer as GM who went to Cleveland instead. Farmer and Cleveland over us, Ouch... I have serious doubts that anyone who is a big name or successful coach or GM will want to come to Miami with Ross as the owner... So we will take only who is willing to come play in Mr Ross's retirement shuffle board game we like to call our Miami Dolphins...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 01, 2015 08:05AM

Date: December 01, 2015 11:38AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Stick with Campbell.

I thought I was going to be cast alone into a rowboat behind the Main ship .

But I agree. Campbell needs a good off season to make changes to make this a physical team. He has done nothing that no other coach would have done better.we have injuries and player needs. I like this huy.give him a chance

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 11:44AM

I agree about keeping campbell.

Date: December 01, 2015 01:37PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I agree about keeping campbell.

There you go!! The 3 of us agree........Sorry Dan , that about spells your fate . but you will catch on else where and become a superbowl caliber coach on another team because Ross's head is so far up is ass with big names and celebrities he can actually taste his own kidney.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 01, 2015 02:20PM

Date: December 01, 2015 02:23PM

TCP- I dont think CHyren realizes that Cambell does not want Tannehill to run at all. He wants him to strictly be a pocket passer game manager... He might revoke his vote when he finds that out....

I am up for Cambell unless we can truly get a great coach in here, the likes of Jon Gruden or along those lines, etc... If we are going to gamble on someone next year I dont mind it being Cambell for another year...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 01, 2015 04:35PM

Crowder, show me the link. I know Campbell wants us to be a run oreinted offense. I'm not opposed to that particularly given how, as you say, I have no confidence in Tanny in the pocket. But show me the link.

Date: December 01, 2015 05:11PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 01, 2015 05:21PM

Campbell won't be HC next year, but with such a mess it will be tough to find a quality guy with him wanting to bring in a GM

Date: December 01, 2015 06:01PM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 02, 2015 02:08AM

The problem is the coaches, the ones that work with tannehill every day, look at him as nothing but a game manager. they don't want him to lose games.

The front office looks at him as a franchise type qb.

That alone will keep us from getting a quality staff in here.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 02, 2015 02:59AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> The problem is the coaches, the ones that work
> with tannehill every day, look at him as nothing
> but a game manager. they don't want him to lose
> games.
>
> The front office looks at him as a franchise type
> qb.
>
> That alone will keep us from getting a quality
> staff in here.

With that said, I'm actually surprised that Jarvis Landry isn't on IR by now. Mike Wallace basically gave up trying to catch poorly thrown passes and I really don't blame him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2015 03:02AM by 808phan.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 02, 2015 03:08AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I agree about keeping campbell.
>
>
>
> There you go!! The 3 of us agree........Sorry Dan
> , that about spells your fate . but you will
> catch on else where and become a superbowl caliber
> coach on another team because Ross's head is so
> far up is ass with big names and celebrities he
> can actually taste his own kidney.

Count me in on Campbell. It's not his fault he inherited such a hot mess, and I really like his non sugar coated persona.

Date: December 02, 2015 03:17AM

I remember exactly when Coach Campbell was on the paul and young ron show he specifically said that Tannehill had way more yds on the ground last year at this time. He also said that only half the play book was being utilized and that included roll outs and runs for Tanny and that was going to change.

I think azor was suffering from a lack of respect for Campbell. Campbell was under him as an assistant and catapulted over him to head coach. That played mind games and I respect Campbell for cutting his ass.Campbell is trying to get things done for us.I can feel it. I see his passion and would like to see him given a chance.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 02, 2015 03:21AM

The problem is...this team is riddled with problems.

1. Worst coaching staff in football: No one on this staff with the exception of one or two position coaches have a long enough resume to coach in the NFL. TOO many first time NFL coaches.

2. Sub-par talent brought in due to....

3. Bad personnel department: One could almost argue that via Hickey and Tannenbaum, the FO has been worse than (or as bad as) Ireland. Absolutely terrible FA acquisition record.

Lou Anarumo is not a fix for this defense. Too many players cannot even tackle or shed blocks. He is not good enough to fix that with scheming.

Play calling on offense was horrendous. 5 yard slants on 3rd and 10. forcing WR screens and draw plays on 3rd and long....the list goes on....

Will Zac Taylor correct those issues? I doubt it as we don't have the talent to overcome.

This team needs scrapped again (as I mentioned in a thread (Purge) last year) to get rid of dead weight.

Only a few players on defense are worth keeping. Too many players starting that should either be backups or not even in the league.

The latest FA's need to go away. Sheppard, Brice McCain, Mosley was just fired so that's a start. Definitely add Earl Mitchell. he is awful!

Two guys on the fence and not under contract are Shelby and Vernon. Jenkins has plateaued. Misi is hurt too much and overpaid for a SLB. Grimes is aging, seems to be slowing down and not sure he worth 9.5 mil next year.

Aikens is a stop gap backup who just just be on ST's.

The core of this defense should be based on Reshad Jones, Suh, Bobby McCain with hopes that Lippett and Phillips round into shape with better coaching. Unfortunately that leaves gaping holes. The 2016 first round pick could/should be spent on the BPA from DE, CB, FS or LB. The FO HAS to nail some FA signings for once to fill in the gaps.

On offense, Jennings should be sent packing. Our starting guards (and Douglas) are cheap and should be demoted and developed IF possible. They have big decisions to make on Mathews & Miller. Jordan Cameron hasn't been a factor because he has to stay in and help a bad line block. The line has to be fixed in some form or fashion. Whether that means finding new guards or kicking a tackle inside and drafting a new one....

Enough finesse. It's time to get back to smash mouth. I am tired of hearing that we are simplifying defense, simplifying offense! If the coaches cannot teach then move on.

Unfortunately the best case scenario involves firing Tannenbaum but that will never happen so we are screwed until then.

A new GM brings with him, the chance to land better coaches, etc.

This year, the defense is unfix-able. The offense is just poorly coached and called.

Date: December 02, 2015 03:23AM

Date: December 02, 2015 03:24AM

What do you guys think about Sean Peyton?

Nietzsche

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.