HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Okay, DolfanKing, tell us what
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Okay, DolfanKing, tell us what
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 02, 2012 01:35PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Okay, DolfanKing, tell us what
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 02, 2012 02:19PM

Russell Wilson is making some big plays for a third round pick. Reminds me a lot of Fran Tarkenton. 18 TDS I think.

Date: December 03, 2012 09:24AM

ONE WHOLE DAY with no response from you DolfanKing PROVES that you are a troll.

Months ago, you were accused of being a troll from another team AND I DEFENDED YOU!!!!!

I said that Dolfan1 was our only troll and was a Patriot lover.

But this PROVES I WAS WRONG!

I expected you to leap on this thread and talked about

1) what position we should have drafted that would have helped our team this year

2) even if we drafted Tannehill, who we should have started the season at QB with and why and how that would help Tannehill's development

3) How Tannehill is not being effective and what he can do

4) etc., etc., ect.

But you have remained silent.

There COULD BE ONLY TWO REASONS FOR YOUR SILENCE AND ONE DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.

The first reason is because you don't want to have your views on the specifics attacked by laying them down.

But that can't be it because you already have in many other posts and they HAVE been attacked.

The second reason is that you hate this team, you are a troll from another team and you don't want to do anything but demoralize its fans.

The same thing that Dolfan1 used to do only he would explain how poor we were in contrast to the Pats.

But you don't seem to like the Pats.

What are you? A Jest fans or a fan of the Jills??????

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 03, 2012 09:26AM

Or maybe he has you on ignore? (no, I don't know how to look that up winking smiley )

Date: December 03, 2012 10:12AM

No, he doesn't. We've had too many back and forths the last three days.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 03, 2012 10:33AM

Could DK be employed and working? Possibly away from his computer, Ipad etc? Today is a work day for those employed folks.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 03, 2012 10:44AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or maybe he has you on ignore?

Doesn't everybody?? smoking smiley

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 03, 2012 10:49AM

I would have started Moore

Pretty sure I would not have drafted Tannehill. However, if he is choice there is no way I start him this year.

I certainly liked everything I read about Wilson leading up to the draft. Everyone said he would be number in 1 if he were taller.

It seems every year no matter where we draft there is no clear good pick when our pick comes up.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 10:56AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Or maybe he has you on ignore?
>
>
> Doesn't everybody?? smoking smiley

I enjoy seeing all the NUTty things he writes. Its like a long boring speech with all these twist and turns that seem to have no end.

then when it ends.....I go....Loonytunes is done. Lets get back to football now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 11:22AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 03, 2012 11:09AM

Is playing Tannehill working??

Who in their right mind would say yes?

Date: December 03, 2012 11:16AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Is playing Tannehill working??
>
> Who in their right mind would say yes?

Did playing payton manning work his first year?

He had 3 wins.

Tannehill has 5.....

And there is still 4 more game on the schedule..He might get at least another win.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 11:32AM

I would have grabbed Gilmore the db from S. Carolina in the first rnd and then Nick Foles in the 2nd or even 3rd. I thought Foles(and the kid from MI State) looked just as good as Tanne in college but I still do not mind us drafting Tanne. It is what it is as they say.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 11:37AM

Starting Moore this year would have only made sense if you,

1. Thought he was the long term answer, and,

2. If you thought that playing him would make the team a serious contender.

I don't believe either of these are true. Moore is a very capable backup but he's not an elite talent who can put a team on his back and win games consistently. Also, with our lack of play-makers on offense, and the weakness of our defensive secondary (most notably our corners), maybe Moore guides us to 8-8 and if (big if) we squeak into the playoffs, we're one and done. I'd rather think about next year. Give Tannehill the opportunity to show if he's the answer (and yes that will take more than his rookie year) by giving him more weapons. We are rebuilding, whether some like it or not.

Yes, Dolfanking, I know that you think Tannehill is a terrible Quarterback. We all know.

Date: December 03, 2012 11:43AM

Maybe we win a couple of more games with moore? Big if because i doubt it.

But if that were to be the case we still miss the playoffs and draft a few more slots down in every round.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE.

Date: December 03, 2012 12:25PM

dolphin Wrote:
> Is playing Tannehill working??
>
> Who in their right mind would say yes?

Hell Ya. This year is an Education for him . Thats all I expected and I got much more.When was the last time any Rookie threw for 400 yds and surpassed Dan Marino's Rookie Numbers? With out a Superbowl team and coach which Marino had the Luxury of having?

14 college starts. 14!! Thats what he started this season with. Basically he is playing completely from instinct. After this season he will have a much better understanding of how defenses are read, Our ofense, the speed of the game. He has things you can't teach, the intangibles .

You people are unbelievable. Andrew Luck would have been nice. But the Colts were smarter and tanked it for him. I am very satisfied with our 1st round pick. That Kid did everything but kick the Fing feild Goals yesterday. Diving, stretching, rolling out......give him a break. He is the best Prospect we have had in 12 years.

DFQ had the nerve to compare Lucas to Tanny yesterday. When I called him on it he wouldn't even respond. he has a history of that. He makes Troll comments that are not factual and then runs away. His comments are meant to only antagonize and nothing else.

We had him so flustered yesterday , he didn't know Ronnie Brown from reggie Bush. grinning smiley

Tannihill will continue to improve and he will be a key part back to our road to greatness. I stress"PART". many more pieces to the puzzle and this next draft will be an important one. I think the better Tanny does , the less and less we will see of DFQ. he won't be back today for sure. If he does , we have facts , stats , and we know the difference between running backs of the Past and future. grinning smiley

Don't let him eat at you Chyrene. We got him on the run. cool smiley

Date: December 03, 2012 12:35PM

Oh, DK doesn't "eat at Me" Treasure. I enjoy jousting with him. What I DON'T enjoy is grade school children who can only sit back and call names like they are on the playground.

Date: December 03, 2012 12:42PM

Date: December 03, 2012 12:46PM

hahahahaahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
treasure you crazy hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHHHhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: December 03, 2012 04:39PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolphin Wrote:
> -----
> > Is playing Tannehill working??
> >
> > Who in their right mind would say yes?
>
>
> Did playing payton manning work his first year?
>
> He had 3 wins.
>
> Tannehill has 5.....
>
> And there is still 4 more game on the schedule..He
> might get at least another win.

But by the end of the season, Mannings numbers were quite good. Tannehill is not improving. This should be a cause for alarm.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Date: December 03, 2012 04:57PM

Why haven't I posted.

Because Chyren obviously is just baiting me by starting this thread.

Besides, I tell you what I think every day, and all anyone gets out of it is that I hate Tannehill.

I don't see how Bob Loblaw's stupid thread will make any difference.

I think our problems go back years. If you look at how this team has drafted, it has been horrible. Tannehill is just another indication. We constantly pick talentless players while teams with similar players pick keepers.

It starts with the GM.

Date: December 03, 2012 05:01PM

Yeah, DK, but if all people are getting "out of it is that I hate Tannehill," this "stupid thread" gave you the perfect opportunity to expand on your beliefs at length.

I agree with you on the GM as everyone knows but even a broken clock is right twice each day. Ireland was right in picking Tanny when he did.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 03, 2012 05:06PM

Rt is certainly not "talentless"

Date: December 03, 2012 06:24PM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> > But by the end of the season, Mannings numbers
> were quite good. Tannehill is not improving.
> This should be a cause for alarm.

Why? Because you want it to? Wishing for it actually. Those numbers do not mean anything . I remember having a -3 Yard average against the jets once in the 3rd Quarter. But we Out scored them by 14 points. (Ginn ran back to back punts into the end Zone.) Numbers can be very mis representive of the real picture. But if your so Hell bent on numbers, why is it you only choose to see the negative ones? How about the Two rookie records he broke?

Give it up Queen, Tanny has you beat at every corner. And will only get better next season. You been learn to accept him or leave here.

Date: December 03, 2012 06:54PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> -----
> > > But by the end of the season, Mannings
> numbers
> > were quite good. Tannehill is not improving.
> > This should be a cause for alarm.
>
>
> Those numbers do not mean anything .

Yea, just keep on thinking numbers don't mean anything. Whatever gets you through the day.

Date: December 03, 2012 07:36PM

Date: December 03, 2012 08:08PM

Ouch.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 04, 2012 03:09AM

RT has talent. I watched most of the Giants/Skins game last night and saw the athleticism of Griffin. I missed the end of the game. What I was looking for was comparisons not just between this rookie and Tannehill, but between Manning, Griffin and Tannehill.

First thing I noticed was the long throws that were made by Manning, a la Tannehill, to Giants receivers that were not caught. Critics of Tannehill missing the long throws to Hartline was proper but no more than the critics of Manning over throwing his guys. It happens. All QBs miss. Manning has 2 SB rings to his credit. So--while the criticism of Tannehill is correct--too much is made of it. I've seen many throws by Brees, Favre, Marino, etc not caught by hauling-receivers. It happens.

Griffin's fleet-footedness is becoming part of his game. He throws accurately on the run and easily goes from passer to running back. The backs Shanahan has complement Griffin's running ability and that ultimately stymied the Giants pass rushers. I also noted missed catches by Redskins players as well as errant passes by Griffin. This is not just a rookie mistake, it happens to elite QBs as well, perhaps not as often but it occurs, nonetheless.

I need to address coaching too for the helluva it. Shanahan is a two time SB winning HC. I don't like his style but that's irrelevant. He is adaptive and knows how to put a team together. Experience shows that along with having a great QB at his disposal--that sure helps a lot. In contrast, we have a rookie HC and a coaching team, that in my opinion, is still finding its chemistry with the players. Sherman the OC knows Tannehill as a WR and 14-game college QB and a rookie NFL QB. To expect both of them to iron out all the QB issues and to properly fertilize Tannehill for him to grow by leaps and bounds each week is asking for a miracle. We all need to be patient and let the growth continue. It is too early, IMO, for us to be overly critical of RT and Sherman. However, we must be in tune to no progress signals. I believe the advances in QB play now is the occurrence of 3rd down conversions. RT needs to make that 3rd down conversion. He needs to hook up with Bess, Hartline, Clay, Bush, or other consistently even if it's a quick slant over the middle or to the flat. If it requires him to run the ball himself--he needs to do it. When that occurs, we will know that we have a QB who can deliver. That will be progress.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 04, 2012 04:38AM

DolfanKing Wrote:

.... Tannehill is just another indication.
> We constantly pick talentless players while teams
> with similar players pick keepers.
>

So now you're going on record as saying Tannehill is *talentless*

I believe you've finally gone over the edge. Talentless?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 04, 2012 05:20AM

> > DolfanKing Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > > But by the end of the season, Mannings
> > numbers
> > > were quite good. Tannehill is not improving.
>
> > > This should be a cause for alarm.
> >
> Yea, just keep on thinking numbers don't mean
> anything. Whatever gets you through the day.

Quite good? OK let's talk numbers....

Manning finished the last 6 games of the season with a 1-5 record. The sole win coming against Cincy.

Manning threw 8 int's over that 6 game span.

In two of those 6 games Manning had a 50% complete rate or worse.

Manning had two games the entire season where he did not throw an int. One loss, one win.

And this is quite good? I've figure out your problem. Your gauge is broken.

In addition....

Peyton Manning had 43 college starts as a 4 year starter. OVER twice the amount of RT.

And he still didn't win in his rookie year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 04, 2012 05:39AM

JC Wrote:
> DolfanKing Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> .... Tannehill is just another indication.
> > We constantly pick talentless players while
> teams
> > with similar players pick keepers.
> >
>
>
> So now you're going on record as saying Tannehill
> is *talentless*
>
> I believe you've finally gone over the edge.
> Talentless?

I never said Tannehill was talentless. I said we pick talentless players.

This is just another case of people talking what I say out of context and focusing it as a criticism of Tannehill. You have bought into the hype that all I care about is bashing Tannehill.

Tannehill may not be talentless, but he is not as good as some of the QBs we could have picked up had Ireland/Parcells been doing their jobs.

And I'm not sold on Tannehill as being the long term solution. I don't see how anyone can. He has proven nothing. So far, he has a horrible QB rating and doesn't win games. And if Tannehill is not the long term solution, then Tannehill is another wasted first round pick.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.