Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Just to make a point...Washington and Miami.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Just to make a point...Washington and Miami.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:11AM

For all the hype there is about RG3......Washington has the same record the phins have. 5 and 6

And let the record show washington has way more talent at every position than the phins.

RG3 is going to be great but all im saying is he has more talent to work with than tannehill.

Maybe the NFC teams are tougher than the AFC teams.

What do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just to make a point...Washington and Miami.
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:28AM

RG3 104 season passer rating avg 16 TD's and 4 ints comp 67.5% rushing yards 642, 6 TD's

Tannehill 72 season passer rating avg 7 TD's 12 ints comp 59% rushing yards 63, 1 TD

They both have about the same passing yards and completions, Tannehill has about 30 more attempts.

In our wins our defense held the opponents to 13, 13, 14, 9, and 21.
In Redskins wins defense held the opponent to 32, 22, 26, 6, and 31

It seems to me pretty clear, our defense holds teams to less points then the Redskins, which makes it easier for RT to gain a win with less impressive stats then RG3

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 06:46AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:35AM

RG3 blows away Tannehill in terms of talent and potential. I am all for RT as being a good QB in this league but there really is no comparison if you've seen them play. RG3 is the most dangerous player on the field, you can't say that about RT. Man, just look at rushing yards, TD passes, and INTs. There is no comparison.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:37AM

And the point was??

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:39AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the NFC teams are tougher than the AFC
> teams.
>

uh, yeah, they are.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:45AM

Well...that ends the conversation.

well done

Date: November 27, 2012 06:58AM

RG3 104 season passer rating avg 16 TD's and 4 ints comp 67.5% rushing yards 642, 6 TD's

Tannehill 72 season passer rating avg 7 TD's 12 ints comp 59% rushing yards 63, 1 TD

Right! rg3 he has more talent better OL better receivers better running game.
All this equals better statistics...

RG3 is a better scrambler no doubt which i hate because he can be injured in a second....I rather have a pure passer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 10:44AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 27, 2012 07:01AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> And the point was??

The point was even though people say RG3 is the next coming of steve young or joe montana..................The skins have the same record as the phins....

I would like to see what RG3 looks like in a phins uniform.

Run For your life RG..... Jake long is going to do you in!!!!!!!!!!!! winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 07:24AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 27, 2012 07:51AM

It's unfortunate for Tanny that he had to come out the same year as two absolute studs (appears that way anyway), even though it was fortunate for us. RG3 and Luck both appear to be something very special, but that shouldn't take away from T-Hills solid play and future development. Rather then comparing him to those two studs, lets answer this question; Would you rather have our guy or anyone from the previous QB class? Newton? Dalton? Locker? etc. I think i'd rather have RT over any of them excpet maybe Dalton, but even thats debatable.

Date: November 27, 2012 07:57AM

dolphaholic wrote: It's unfortunate for Tanny that he had to come out the same year as two absolute studs (appears that way anyway), even though it was fortunate for us. RG3 and Luck both appear to be something very special, but that shouldn't take away from T-Hills solid play and future development.

I agree!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:10AM

Luck and 3 are going to do just fine in the NFL; so is Tannehill. I have spoken--it must be true.

The most athletic of the three is probably 3 or is it III.

Each is different in their own way; all three are gifted. The problem that I see with a top athletic-player like Cam Newton, 3 and Vick--I group them together--is their elusiveness and foot speed. All three have relied on their foot speed to bail them out of tough situations. We are seeing that Vick is now suffering from all the hits he has taken and continues to take. His potential, I believe, has never been reached because of his willingness to become a running back. Fran Tarkenton scrambled around being elusive, but really never was the running back these guys are. He threw passes, using his feet to stay away from being tackled. Doing so kept the play alive for many more seconds. Tarkenton took hits but not like Vick has taken. Sooner or later, whether its next year or the year after, both Newton and 3 are more likely than not, in my opinion, to get knocked our of a game because some linebacker put them on a stretcher.

Luck has good movement and runs pretty well. I suspect he will be elusive but not challenge teams with his running. Tannehill will be more like Luck, but not as mobile by design. I sense he will be more disciplined--which is not necessarily the best thing for him to do, as I think he is as mobile and fleet-footed as Luck. Neither one of these guys will be clubbered by linebackers like Newton and 3 will experience.

A mobile QB is fun to watch. It adds dimension to a team's offensive. However, there's a limit to how much pounding a body can take even a highly athletic one.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:21AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolphaholic wrote: It's unfortunate for Tanny that
> he had to come out the same year as two absolute
> studs (appears that way anyway), even though it
> was fortunate for us. RG3 and Luck both appear to
> be something very special, but that shouldn't take
> away from T-Hills solid play and future
> development.
>
>
> I agree!

Really? You started out trying to convince everyone that he was just as good as RGIII but he just didn't have the weapons RGIII had and now you "agree" with an exclamation Point to a statement that UNLIKE Tannehill "RGIII and Luck both appear to be something VERY special". confused smileyconfused smiley

Date: November 27, 2012 10:43AM

Chren I dont have to convince anyone of anything ...... i never disagreed that luck or griffin the 3rd were not special....

They are going to be great...

The point of this thread was that even though griffin the 3rd has way more talent on his team than tannehill.....and he does....they both have the same record.....5 and 6.............thats why i asked a question......that i didnt know...does the NFC has better talent than the AFC?

griffin the 3rd has better stats because he has better receivers better running game and a better OL. Better overall team....

And you continue to put words in my mouth i never said....I never said tannehill was better than RG3....

Try again chren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 10:49AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 27, 2012 11:18AM

Date: November 27, 2012 11:39AM

Date: November 27, 2012 11:42AM

Hey some warned me about you.

They were right.

Date: November 27, 2012 11:59AM

Another lost case chren?

Or is it you doing secretary work nowdays?

Date: November 27, 2012 12:02PM

Good night.

Date: November 27, 2012 12:07PM

Yeah, I was right. DolfanKing is not the only one who is medical.

And as far as "Good night" is concerned, I think the rest of the posters pretty much shut you down before I responded and funny thing, they had the same impression of what you were saying as I did.

I guess they must have misread it too.

BTW, I thought you were going to block me.

Date: November 27, 2012 12:09PM

Date: November 27, 2012 12:10PM

Funny, I didn't notice anything about the NFC when you stated what "the point is".

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:19PM

I think when a rookie has a tremendous physical talent like RGIII with his speed and elusiveness he has early success because teams don't 'know' him. Look at Cam Newton last year. Looked unstoppable. He is different from RGII in that he is more of a big power guy instead of an elusive runner but the success is based on the same thing. The threat of runs and option looks freezes LB's draws in safeties and opens up the middle. Just look at RGIII's throws to WIDE OPEN receivers over the middle this season(wish to God our guys could get that open).

Once defensive coordinators have a while to study you and scheme against you they can take a lot of that away as they have with Cam Newton this year. They have forced him to stay in the pocket and he's had less success. IMO this is due to his ONE year of big time college football. He may learn to be a great pocket passer but right now he isn't and even with a pro bowl receiver the Panthers have fallen on hard times.

Date: November 27, 2012 12:56PM

Hey....all I know is that we had the best Pure Passer in History and didn't win a lick with him.

Washington gave up alot to get him. We have 6 picks in the first 90 in the next draft. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out We have the oppourtunity to now build a great team around Ryan Tannihill. I couldn't give a shite about stats.

Date: November 27, 2012 01:03PM

Is that Sunni or Shiite, Treasure.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:38PM

Hey I'm glad we have Tanny. I don't have to hate on RGIII I like the guy imho he is better than Tanny but we will have to just build a better team than the skins. Alfred Morris is just as terrific a rookie as RGIII and the skins grabbed him in the 6th round. A great pick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.