HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Disappointing all the way around.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Disappointing all the way around.
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 11:56AM

First, let me say that Luck was superb. I don't care at all about that.
I was disappointed that Tannehill (we gotta get this guy a nickname!) had two chances at moving the team into field goal range in the last five minutes, and he couldn't do it. He had Daniel Thomas open with a lot of green in front of him and time to throw the ball, and he overthrew it. Then he overthrew Hartline on the sideline. In both those series, he got rattled in a collapsing pocket and didn't get the job done. I don't think that's why we lost the game, but it was a contributing factor.
Sean Smith wasn't just bad, he was a liability. He should have had the interception in the endzone and instead overruns it and allows a backbreaking touchdown, and then with only a few minutes left instead of tucking away an interception in field goal range, he tried to get up and run and dropped the ball, giving up that all-important intercept. So was the rest of the secondary, but we didn't get much pressure on the rookie, either. Poor defensive performance. Again, we didn't run the ball particularly well, with the exception of Bush's brilliant touchdown. The offense played well enough to win if the defense turns in a decent effort, but they can't get off the field on third down. Rizzi's special teams turned in their usual excellent job, the only unit that did their job. I find this loss nauseating.
P. S. The post game interviews seem to be centering on "the good things we put on tape". I didn't see very many.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Disappointing all the way around.
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 04, 2012 12:09PM

Rick- We had opportunities and missed the mark. The long ball caught in the end zone for a TD should have been at least deflected, and better, of course, if intercepted. Smith misplayed the ball. He had the angle and turned the wrong way. His talent is thwarted by his brain. I don't believe his football IQ and awareness is very high. I agree with you--Smith is a liability. His good play, all too seldom, is often overcome by his weak play. His tackling is also piss-poor, IMO.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 04, 2012 04:23PM

Our inability ti get pressure on Luck is what exposed our below average db's. That said, He made some mistakes when he was hurried and we didn't capitalize (dansby dropped pick 6, smith tanking two picks). If we could have created a little more pressure or made a couple of those plays, it's a completely different game.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 05:03PM

Yeah no pressure again against an o line the only guy tou have heard of is the one you traded

We need a deep threat bad and double tight end threats

Need to sign Mike Wallace in the off season

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 05, 2012 12:55AM

Dansby dropped a pick 6 and Sean Smith dropped an INT that would have set us up on the Colts 30 with 2:00 left.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 05, 2012 03:15AM

There was enough terrible play to go around. You can't blame a loss on one or two plays. Everyone stunk at times and the collection of bad play is why we lost to an inferior team.

Luck is better than Tannehill at this point but he should be. He was the consensus best player in the draft and had the experience playing under a very good coach in Jim Harbaugh. Everyone said he was the most NFL ready QB. He is meeting those expectations. Smart, tough, talented kid.

Our entire team seemed to be sleeping. Our O-line was terrible. Jake Long is a shell of his former self. He was getting pushed around like a 98 lb weakling all day by smaller D-lineman. He has to be battling something physically. This is not the way to get a new contract.

Pressure was coming from everywhere and even Pouncey had a bad day. Two false starts....on a center?

Were they getting too cocky? believing all the hype from a 3 game winning streak? maybe so....Now we're back in the hole trying to dig out from .500 mediocrity.

Our pass defense was terrible....absolutely horrific. There was incompetence all around.

We did not lose this game because of RT (no turnovers) but he is not ready to be the QB who can carry a team. Not with the weapons he has currently. There were many plays where the WR's were covered and he had nowhere to go. We NEED a true number 1 WR to open things up for everyone.

We need a lot more than that if this is how they are going to play. We have the core to make it happen but still need some playmaking talent at WR and DB....and a second pass rusher.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for this team. Made me sick.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:08AM

I had to work yesterday, probably a good thing I did. I'm tired of the false hope this team displays...making you feel good one week and then laying an egg the next. It's the same old story.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:18AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had to work yesterday, probably a good thing I
> did. I'm tired of the false hope this team
> displays...making you feel good one week and then
> laying an egg the next. It's the same old story.

Some people are never happy.

Nobody expected this team to make any noise this year. Nobody expected Tannehill to be playing at all this year, let alone playing at a fairly high level. And after getting waxed in 4 pre-season games nobody expected us to compete for anything other than the top pick in the draft.

Yet, here we are at .500 after 9 weeks, we've hammered more teams than we've been hammered by, and are two make-able FG's away from being 6-2.

I just don't understand the need of some to complain about getting handed a season of meaningful football a year ahead of schedule. confused smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:27AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had to work yesterday, probably a good thing
> I
> > did. I'm tired of the false hope this team
> > displays...making you feel good one week and
> then
> > laying an egg the next. It's the same old
> story.
>
>
> Some people are never happy.
>
> Nobody expected this team to make any noise this
> year. Nobody expected Tannehill to be playing at
> all this year, let alone playing at a fairly high
> level. And after getting waxed in 4 pre-season
> games nobody expected us to compete for anything
> other than the top pick in the draft.
>
> Yet, here we are at .500 after 9 weeks, we've
> hammered more teams than we've been hammered by,
> and are two make-able FG's away from being 6-2.
>
> I just don't understand the need of some to
> complain about getting handed a season of
> meaningful football a year ahead of schedule. confused smiley

Dude, or whatever you are, don't even try to piss me off more than I already am. This is your only warning.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 05, 2012 07:29AM

It's always a long week after a loss like that.

Date: November 05, 2012 07:41AM

808phan Wrote:
> THE Truth Wrote:
> -----
> > 808phan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I had to work yesterday, probably a good
> thing
> > I
> > > did. I'm tired of the false hope this team
> > > displays...making you feel good one week and
> > then
> > > laying an egg the next. It's the same old
> > story.
> >
> >
> > Some people are never happy.
> >
> > Nobody expected this team to make any noise
> this
> > year. Nobody expected Tannehill to be playing
> at
> > all this year, let alone playing at a fairly
> high
> > level. And after getting waxed in 4
> pre-season
> > games nobody expected us to compete for
> anything
> > other than the top pick in the draft.
> >
> > Yet, here we are at .500 after 9 weeks, we've
> > hammered more teams than we've been hammered
> by,
> > and are two make-able FG's away from being 6-2.
> >
> > I just don't understand the need of some to
> > complain about getting handed a season of
> > meaningful football a year ahead of schedule.
> confused smiley
>
> Dude, or whatever you are, don't even try to piss
> me off more than I already am. This is your only
> warning.

SMH...

So much easier to make threats than to back up a bad post with actual thought. eye rolling smiley

You do whatever you have to do 808 to help you deal with your issues. We are all big boys at this table. At least I thought we were...

Date: November 05, 2012 08:03AM

Got to give Andrew Luck Props. He is a nice young man and he looks to be everything they said he was going to be.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: November 05, 2012 08:16AM

Fellows we cannot be mistaken here. It was just one freaking game. Have you forgotten already the 431 yards that RT hanged to the Cardinals and with not to much assistance to go by. What 2 yards only the difference for a first year player record. Don't pay attention to pundits at ESPN. Those nonsense comments that were said, just made to look like as if the score was something like 48 to 3. No question the pass rush is awful. We all know that. This was a 3 point loss only. It so happened that Mr. Luck decided to use our own Dan Marino's skill of getting rid of the football as fast as lightning. I think that is called Quick Release. Watching the game as I recall, the defense had several chances to sack the man. The thing is Andy became Danny Boy every time that happened. Again this is only one game. Inform the people on ESPN to stop puckering up and kissing the you know what of this first year Colt QB. Can't wait to watch the two games against the Texans. I have a certain idea who's gonna win those. Remember these games are in weeks 15 and 17. Also in two weeks they have to see Mr. Brady in the cold. Talking about puckering and kissing the ESPN people can kiss mine in the meantime.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 05, 2012 08:29AM

Smith also had a miss tackle on 3rd and 13 inside the INDY 20 on a swing pass to a colt RB. Cost us good field position

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 05, 2012 10:51AM

Have you seen some of the wacky scores of late? Teams on prime time have been lopsided wins for one and of course, garbage efforts by the loser. At least the Colt game was interesting to watch and was close right up to the end. Tonight on MNF, will it be close, a thrilling game to watch, or a "oh hum" blowout that I will doze off during and shut off to go to bed?

I enjoy a strong contest between teams but am very disappointed that the Dolphins D failed to capitalize on the opportunities presented to them. Ouch! sad smiley

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 05, 2012 10:39PM

This game was the first legitimate loss we've been handed this season since the game against Houston in week 1. We played like garbage. Tannehill wasn't terrible (couple key passes overthrown) no turnovers, but Luck was absolutely phenomenal.

I was almost more impressed with his Marino-like 6th sense about the rush and sublte shifting in the pocket to avoid it than anything else. We let the kid convert damn near every 3rd down play no matter how far we pushed them back away from the 1st down (I remember like a 3rd and 20 they freakin picked up angry smiley ) It's kind of shocking that we only lost by 3. Watching Luck carve up our defense, move the ball down the field with ease, and convert 3rd down after 3rd down, you would have thought we lost by 21. I like Tannehill, but it's depressing to watch the guy taken 7 spots before him put on a freakin clinic against a good defense and demonstrate definitively that he's simply a whole other class of QB.

Aside from Houston, this was the first loss of the season for us that we didn't outplay, nay... DOMINATE the opposing team, like we did the jets and cardinals. We just flat out lost that $h!t yesterday, and we did so in so many ways.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 06, 2012 11:54AM

Disagree, Panteraize to the extent that you are saying Luck so thoroughly outplayed Tanny. Luck had virtually no pass rush on him. In case someone wants to argue with me, replay the game and listen to the announcers say on about a million occasions that "Luck has all day back there."

The few times our rushers got close, they went for his waist line instead of putting up their hands as Houston did to Tanny.

Even with that, Luck had three interceptions dropped.

Tanny had none.

The one thing I will give Luck is that he has more pinpoint accuracy on passes more than 10 yards than I have seen in a long time. Marino??? Not yet.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 06, 2012 12:18PM

It was a tough loss, while the defense didnt play well and oline was inconsistent, we still had a chance to win or tie the game and didnt get it done.... RT could have erased the mistakes with a Luck esque drive to win the game, he didnt... I dont blame him, but he had chance to live up to the hype that so many around here claim about him, and he didnt in my eyes... And now those that build the hype around him, want to blame everybody else and act like those failed drives in the 2nd half didnt happen or blame the oline... RT had his worst throws on the last drive, sucks it had to happen then but it did... We couldnt score but 3 points in the 2nd half, that is not gonna win you to many close games...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 06, 2012 01:43PM

Crowder, I think you are right on that last drive. In fact, Tanny looked absolutely rattled. However, the coaching had him do this.

1st and 10....PENALTY 10 yards back.

2nd and 20.....20 yard throw result incompletion

3rd and 20 .....20 yard throw result incompletion

4th and 20 .....20 yard throw incompletion.

Unless the short routes were impossible, there is no excuse to not tell him on 2nd and 20.

Look, we have three downs to make 20 yards, Don't go for the long pass unless you absolutely have to and................keep an eye on whether or not you can take off with your feet.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 06, 2012 02:13PM

Chryen he over threw short routes on that drive on the first 2 plays... at least one of them was a screen that he overthrew, but he seemed jacked up and wasnt accurate on the last drive... He hasnt been very good throwing in the redzone or passing TD's for that matter, avg less then one a game... I like RT, he has alot of potential but he stills has alot of holes in his game, that are not good for being an elite franchise QB.. 1 the ability to close out games and score when you have to and the game is on the line 2) Be an efficient passer in the redzone who can score points with his arm.

Granted he is a rookie and doesnt have that many starts in college, so experience in each game to him is huge, more so then a guy like Luck who had alot of college experience...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 06, 2012 03:11PM

eesti Wrote:
> There was enough terrible play to go around. You
> can't blame a loss on one or two plays. Everyone
> stunk at times and the collection of bad play is
> why we lost to an inferior team.
>
> Luck is better than Tannehill at this point but he
> should be. He was the consensus best player in the
> draft and had the experience playing under a very
> good coach in Jim Harbaugh. Everyone said he was
> the most NFL ready QB. He is meeting those
> expectations. Smart, tough, talented kid.
>
> Our entire team seemed to be sleeping. Our O-line
> was terrible. Jake Long is a shell of his former
> self. He was getting pushed around like a 98 lb
> weakling all day by smaller D-lineman. He has to
> be battling something physically. This is not the
> way to get a new contract.
>
> Pressure was coming from everywhere and even
> Pouncey had a bad day. Two false starts....on a
> center?
>
> Were they getting too cocky? believing all the
> hype from a 3 game winning streak? maybe so....Now
> we're back in the hole trying to dig out from .500
> mediocrity.
>
> Our pass defense was terrible....absolutely
> horrific. There was incompetence all around.
>
> We did not lose this game because of RT (no
> turnovers) but he is not ready to be the QB who
> can carry a team. Not with the weapons he has
> currently. There were many plays where the WR's
> were covered and he had nowhere to go. We NEED a
> true number 1 WR to open things up for everyone.
>
> We need a lot more than that if this is how they
> are going to play. We have the core to make it
> happen but still need some playmaking talent at WR
> and DB....and a second pass rusher.
>
> Hopefully this is a wake up call for this team.
> Made me sick.

Agreed, Miami did not lose this game because of RT, and yes, he needs better weapons around him. But....he has the running game, the line will improve, and the receivers are "good," but he needs that number one guy, and Hartline, as well as he has played, is not that guy.

After Sunday's disaster, what should be the first pick for Miami in next year's draft -- WR or DB? I would say whichever position is rated the highest by Ireland at the time of the pick. They are both extremely needed.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 06, 2012 03:16PM

THE Truth Wrote:
> 808phan Wrote:
> -----
> > THE Truth Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > 808phan Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I had to work yesterday, probably a good
> > thing
> > > I
> > > > did. I'm tired of the false hope this team
> > > > displays...making you feel good one week
> and
> > > then
> > > > laying an egg the next. It's the same old
> > > story.
> > >
> > >
> > > Some people are never happy.
> > >
> > > Nobody expected this team to make any noise
> > this
> > > year. Nobody expected Tannehill to be
> playing
> > at
> > > all this year, let alone playing at a fairly
> > high
> > > level. And after getting waxed in 4
> > pre-season
> > > games nobody expected us to compete for
> > anything
> > > other than the top pick in the draft.
> > >
> > > Yet, here we are at .500 after 9 weeks, we've
> > > hammered more teams than we've been hammered
> > by,
> > > and are two make-able FG's away from being
> 6-2.
> > >
> > > I just don't understand the need of some to
> > > complain about getting handed a season of
> > > meaningful football a year ahead of schedule.
>
> > confused smiley
> >
> > Dude, or whatever you are, don't even try to
> piss
> > me off more than I already am. This is your
> only
> > warning.
>
>
> SMH...
>
> So much easier to make threats than to back up a
> bad post with actual thought. eye rolling smiley
>
> You do whatever you have to do 808 to help you
> deal with your issues. We are all big boys at
> this table. At least I thought we were...

The comments from both parties are unnecessary.

Anyway, Truth, I fall into the bunch that fits your above description. I wasn't expecting much of anything, except for the team to improve week by week. With only 16 games under his belt, I figured we wouldn't see RT until next year, unless the Fins were so bad this year that Philbin put him in the last quarter of the season to see what he can do, and to give him some experience for next season.

However, the comments that have been coming on this board are due to the Fins surprise play, which has given Finfans something to hope for and to think they have a real shot at the playoffs this year.

Me, personally, I don't think they will even sniff the playoffs, but I do hope they continue playing well and RT becomes the QB all Miami fans were hoping for.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 06, 2012 05:47PM

Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: November 06, 2012 09:47PM

It looks like people are finally waking up to the reality that Tannehill has some faults - namely he can't seem to close the deal when the game is on the line.

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins. Always Perfect.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 07, 2012 03:59AM

DolfanKing Wrote:
> It looks like people are finally waking up to the
> reality that Tannehill has some faults - namely he
> can't seem to close the deal when the game is on
> the line.

LOL.

Date: November 07, 2012 04:52AM

notrollnotrollnotrollnotroll

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 06:49AM by eesti.

Date: November 07, 2012 05:11AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 07, 2012 05:16AM

I agree with the truth.

Date: November 07, 2012 06:50AM

agreed

Date: November 07, 2012 06:59AM

Penis/Troll/Rex Ryan..........Samething. drinking smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.