HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Former 1st rd pick Aqib Talib traded to Patriots
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Former 1st rd pick Aqib Talib traded to Patriots
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 01, 2012 11:46AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former 1st rd pick Aqib Talib traded to Patriots
Date: November 01, 2012 11:59AM

The Patriots gave up 2013 4th rd pick and 2013 7th rd pick... The Patriots have now traded away their 2013 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rd picks for Ocho, Haynesworth and now Talib...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 01, 2012 12:01PM

A performance enhancing cheater will fit in well with their program.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 02, 2012 05:36AM

Pats are going downhill and they are in a last ditch effort to make a push before a whole bunch of bad decisions come back to haunt them.

I live in the Tampa area and have heard all about this thug. He is often the topic on morning & afternoon radio shows.

He got into a fight with a teammate in 08 at the rookie symposium. The place where you are learning how to be a pro.

Hit a teammate with his helmet in 09 cuasing a laceration.

After a drunken binge with his buddy, he beat up a cab driver and was arrested for battery and resisting arrest.

2009- Blows curfew in London after losing to New England and curses out Coach Raheem Morris when confronted about it.

2010- Almost gets in a fight with an official over a call. Tells him, "I'll (hit) you in your @#$%& mouth."

2011- Charged for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Charges were dropped and accuser found unreliable.

2012- He was suspended four games by the NFL for using Adderall.

This guy has no business in the NFL where he has the opportunity to earn millions of dollars. Why this guy hasn't been punished more harshly is beyond me. Good job Goodell.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 02, 2012 06:21AM

I agree, with a rap sheet like that how has he not been suspended for conduct before?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2012 09:57AM

Well, if he wasn't disciplined by Goodell as a Buc, he sure won't be as a Cheatriot.

Date: November 02, 2012 02:04PM

The whole adderrall excuse is probably not accurate for his suspension... THe way I understand it, is if a player fails a PED test, the NFL is not allowed to disclose what drug they tested for, even if the players make a claim about the drug he tested for that isnt accurate.. Players are allowed to use adderrall if they apply for an exemption, and show a prescription. Players that have truly tested positive for adderall and show DR notes are excused... It is not to hard to get a prescription for adderall.. But adderall is a much less severe drug, in the eye of the masses then testing for steriods or some other PED... Basicly the exagerrated claims of suspensions from adderall are bullsh*t IMO... But neither the players nor the league are complaining about PED (sterioids) being called aderrall(ADHD medicine) instead to the public...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: November 02, 2012 05:38PM

Like Eesti, I live in Tampa Bay Area. Talib has a lot of talent, but a lot of baggage. He was suspended once before (I think it was for the taxi incident.) The aggravated assault charge was especially bizarre - it couldn't be determined if he or his mother fired the gun at her boyfriend - that's why the prosecutors dropped the charges.

I'm hoping he will be the same type of cancer with the Patsies that he was with the Bucs.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: November 02, 2012 08:31PM

Talib is extremely talented but I doubt he figures it out anytime soon. He has been in the league for a while and has continuous problems.

I am more concerned with Alfonso Dennard, CB, on the Patsies. He was a 7th round pick and he was considered a 2nd round pick but got arrested the weekend before the draft. He played at Nebraska and I am a big cornhusker fan. He was a multiyear starter and extremely good. Plus, he fits their system and has already made some impact plays for them. He is not a head case at all but has had a few run ins with the law for immature stuff. In a few years, Dennard could be giving us headaches.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 03, 2012 04:41AM

Taking adderall was the least of his infractions. It is just another in a long line of selfish, I'll do what I want, behavior.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 03, 2012 05:14AM

"Taking adderall was the least of his infractions. It is just another in a long line of selfish, I'll do what I want, behavior."

Eesti--I couldn't have stated it any better.

Colonel B

Date: November 03, 2012 07:21AM

I guess you guys missed the point, he never took adderall, he took something worse... But his failed drug test is the only infraction that he was actually suspended by Goodell for..

Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 03, 2012 01:15PM

You guys are at second base. I'm stuck on first base. Second base may be what his problems are.

To me, first base is that I've never heard of this guy, he's done nothing, so why in the world would anybody want to sign him even if he were problem free?

It's not like we are talking about Terrell Owens or Brandon Marshall, position aside.

Posted by: Anemone1 ()
Date: November 04, 2012 01:54AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 04, 2012 09:44AM

I had already looked him up on wikipedia. He was drafted in 2008, right? Same year as Jake Long. That's a long time he has had to establish a national reputation.

He indeed may have been the best that Tampa had even with Ronde Barber playing the same position but I've never heard of him. Both Tampa and Miami are in Florida. I'm not a Floridian. I am a Californian. I have heard nothing of him. Like I said, whatever he has done, on the field that is, it is nothing to be of the level of Jabbar Gabney, Brandon Marshall, Chad Johnson who all were on other teams and I was well acquainted with before they came here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.