HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami @ Indianapolis: matchup
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Miami @ Indianapolis: matchup
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 03, 2012 06:08AM

The Colts rank 7th in the NFL, allowing only 213 yards per game passing. The problem is they have allowed 13 passing TD's (ranked 24th) and a QB rating of 103.4 (ranked 29th) for opposing QB's. They have given up 15 sacks (15th).

The Colts run defense has given up 135 yards per game (ranked 27th) and given up 8 TD's (23rd).

Miami has typically played with a lead this year. I see Reggie Bush having a big day against Indy. Our rushing game has been on the decline but we have faced some decent defenses and 8 in the box. We still rank 11th in the league in rushing. Reggie Bush 123 yards, 1 TD.

I envision the game plan being for Sean Smith to cover Reggie Wayne who is leading the league is receiving yards. 212 of those came against an injury riddled GB defense. other than 135 yards vs the Bears in week 1, this is his only 100 yard game.

The passing game should be the Colts best/only option to exploit the Miami defense. Typically Miami has shut WR's down until late in the game and then give up big numbers when opposing teams are trying to play catch-up. I hope we get away from this late game strategy to play a conservative defensive backfield.

No way is Indy running on us. Our defense is playing confident and we match up well against Indy's O-line. I think Miami is one of the best defenses Luck has faced all year. They played the Bears is week 1 in a 41-21 loss. Luck was 23/45 for 301 yards 1 Td and 3 picks. He is obviously playing better now but has struggled against good defenses.

This will be a long game for him although he will make a few big plays.

I think Miami's defense keeps pressure on Luck all day forcing him into bad throws.

Luck is a hell of a QB but Koyle's defense will give him looks he hasn't seen and keep him confused.

Chicago uses a 4-3 defense with Rod Marinelli (Bucs cover 2/Tampa 2). I think Koyle uses more disguised looks and exotic blitzes....Safety/Corner blitz.

Prediction: Miami 30 Indy 21

Miami is 11th in the NFL for Net points at +24. -2 T/O ratio
Indy is 24th with -35 points. -10 in T/O ratio

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami @ Indianapolis: matchup
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 03, 2012 02:15PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 03, 2012 05:49PM

Date: November 04, 2012 06:43AM

I don't think he (AR) even sees the field except on Special Teams. Maybe more of a move to get Marlon Moore more snaps on offense and spell him on ST.

.....................................................................................

Date: November 04, 2012 07:57AM

Not even...AR is inactive.

Nerves are on edge waiting to see which team shows up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.